For those of you who think firing Malzahn for Harsin was a mistake

Rednilla

20 minutes ago, gravejd said:

We'll be trotting out pretty much a brand new scheme with all brand new players and coaches next year.

Disagree. The "scheme" was mostly his, or aligned with his already. The play calling and execution, minus the errant passes, actually looked better in the bowl game than they did most of the season. Run blocking was actually a little better. Same RBs, mostly same WRs and same TEs. New QB and several new OLs but that could be a good thing with the former and should be a good thing with the latter. 

Pretty good points with the rest. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

you stop the oldest rivalry in the south? or quit playing bama? personally i do not want to hear the stories of what a chicken squat team we have. we would be eaten alive and it would be such a smear to auburn i would rather that not happen. we have been up there before and we will be up there again but it takes hard work and it will take a little time. the mighty saban lost his last five games at bama tho he did win his bowl. a bama friend friend told me this yesterday for the truth and i have no reason not to believe him. harsin has a ton of stuff to deal with besides fielding a team. he depends on a lot of other folks as well. i think bobo was a necessary for recruiting and it did not work out as well as he hoped. AUwent i understand your frustration but lets not give up our pride. we have always prided ourselves with playing anyone anywhere and i have loved that about us.

We'll still play UAT but it is simply unfair and a needless hindrance to our program to be the only ones to play them both every year (along with Tenny, difference is we've been in the west). Do you really see either slowing down? Farquad could still be coaching for as long as 15 more years and Prince Charming (Kirby)...god knows.

Now, I could tolerate moving to the east with UAT as long as there's no permanent cross division rivalries. That would preserve the DSOR while at least ensuring our schedule is still brutal but no longer uniquely so.

As indicated in my sig, I would accept 6-6 again in '22 as long as by the end of it we were set up to leap forward in '23.

Edited by AUwent