Nick Eason expected to take DL job at Clemson

W.E.D

1 hour ago, Carnell said:

Wow we go to the NFL to get a position coach while our HC come from places like the Mountain West Conference and Sunbelt Conference.  Seems a bit off to me.

It is a conundrum. DL first, then OC/QB coach. Shouldn't he be snatching up high school coaches?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Brentson Buckner Being Mentioned on Twitter 

Interesting resume. Grew up in Columbus and went to Clemson (lol), and then his first coaching gig after he retired from playing was in Charlotte. So maybe he's got some connections in the SE.

Seems every DL coach in the NFL is getting mentioned now, though, lol. Hey, I'm good with it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Weird turn of events especially considering the Clemson vs Auburn angle of what level each team is on.

10 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Have a hard time figuring why he would turn down his alma mater for Auburn, but like @McLoofussaid, I’m good with all these NFL guys being associated with Auburn jobs.

Saw that he had family in Columbus ga as well

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Have a hard time figuring why he would turn down his alma mater for Auburn, but like @McLoofussaid, I’m good with all these NFL guys being associated with Auburn jobs.

Dabo ain't for everyone. Plus this guy predates him by about 15 years. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Dabo ain't for everyone. Plus this guy predates him by about 15 years. 

Haha no, I would imagine he’s not. Not everyone wants their boss to also be their preacher. Separation of church and state, or something like that. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Brentson Buckner Being Mentioned on Twitter 

Um yes please. That would be a Fantastic hire and tbh a shocking development. 

27 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I feel this way too.

Just bc Dabo isn't for everyone, Buckner would be working with the DC, not Dabo. So I doubt he worries about Dabo as his HC.

All it is so far is us reaching out, and so far no interest shown in return.

If he turned down DAbo, then don't see him coming here, even if he was from GA. Eason was from GA too. Doesn't really matter.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Just bc Dabo isn't for everyone, Buckner would be working with the DC, not Dabo. So I doubt he worries about Dabo as his HC.

Not about day to day working relationship. It's about culture. But you're right, it might not have anything to do with that. Maybe they low-balled him. Maybe he's not even interested in a college gig, like you said. Could be anything. 

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

This makes me want to do the Twitter.

No. I won't let you do that to yourself. 

Consider me Ben Affleck in Good Will Hunting and you're Matt Damon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If Clemson takes Eason only for us to turn around and grab Buckner especially after he spurned them, I’d consider that a massive win.  Buckner IMO would be an upgrade as far as coaching.  Seems like he’d probably do well as a recruiter, seems pretty relatable.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Haha no, I would imagine he’s not. Not everyone wants their boss to also be their preacher. Separation of church and state, or something like that. 

Facts, personally as a pretty secular person, I could not work under a guy like Dabo but could under Harsin.

Also, on the page of religion, my Uncle told me his intern at his firm who claims to be a former AU lineman, said that Harsin was a Scientologist.  I merely rolled my eyes.

9 minutes ago, Didba said:

Facts, personally as a pretty secular person, I could not work under a guy like Dabo but could under Harsin.

Also, on the page of religion, my Uncle told me his intern at his firm who claims to be a former AU lineman, said that Harsin was a Scientologist.  I merely rolled my eyes.

I’m like 90% sure he’s LDS. I know for a fact at least his wife and her side of the family is. 

6 minutes ago, Didba said:

My personal experience of working at a smaller manufacturing site owned by one of the largest Oil companies in the world, there is room for both religious and non-religious people working side by side. I am sure it would be the same at any college no matter who the HC is.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Taco said:

I’m like 90% sure he’s LDS. I know for a fact at least his wife and her side of the family is. 

I agree, just thought it funny the batsh*t stuff people come up with.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Taco said:

Ok....

I don't think you mean anything more than sharing a tidbit.  

We have the team chaplain, I just need Harsin to build a sustainable winner.  He could be purple with one eye for all I care and worship trees. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

My personal experience of working at a smaller manufacturing site owned by one of the largest Oil companies in the world, there is room for both religious and non-religious people working side by side. I am sure it would be the same at any college no matter who the HC is.

eh, I think you missed what I was saying,  Dabo can be pretty southern preacher which is different from just working side by side.  I am religious, it just doesn't have a huge place in my life. 

If I had a boss breaking into a mini-sermon at meetings it would definitely be a turn off/annoyance for myself, I'd get over it though especially if the job was good. So your point is a good one.