A New Bowl Partnership

Proud Tiger

ND, the Big East and the Big 12 have entered into a new partnership which ensures a prepresentative in bothe the Gsator and Sun Bowls for the next four years. Sounds like ND is getting desperate to aassure a bowl game.

As a fan of College Football in general, it is sad to see how low ND has fallen. Like it or not, I think they are good for College Football. I would love to see them in the hunt every year....and get beaten in the last game. :D

As a fan of college football, I think the exact opposite way. When I think of ND, UAT usually comes to mind - Dominated a while back, but now enjoy going 6-6 every year. I enjoy seeing Alabama go 6-6 and I definitely enjoy ND going 5-6 or 6-6.

They may be good for college football, but I definitely don't wish they could compete for the title every year.

Yea, there's two schools of thought there. It's great to have perennial powers like ND, Nebraska, Michigan etc. At the same time, with all things being equal now with regard to scholarships, there is a greater chance for parity and you know your program won't stay too far up or down for very long.

As a fan of college football, I think the exact opposite way.  When I think of ND, UAT usually comes to mind - Dominated a while back, but now enjoy going 6-6 every year.  I enjoy seeing Alabama go 6-6 and I definitely enjoy ND going 5-6 or 6-6.

They may be good for college football, but I definitely don't wish they could compete for the title every year.

168939[/snapback]

Moe, I would NEVER compare uat with ND. The Irish have a great history and a strong tradition.

uat has the 3rd or 4th rated div 1 program in the state. :big:

ND was a warm spot in my heart. UAT's Bear could never beat them and they ooze real tradition ... not the made up stuff.

WAR EAGLE!!!

UAT Brings out a most famous quote by the "Bear"..........

"RUN, FOREST, RUN".................. :roflol::roflol::roflol:

:puke::ua:

ND was a warm spot in my heart.  UAT's Bear could never beat them and they ooze real tradition ... not the made up stuff.

WAR EAGLE!!!

168955[/snapback]

Yeah thats why EVERY SINGLE TIME someone outside of Auburn mentions teams with class and storied tradition...they mention Alabama along with ND, OU, Michigan...

because ours is made up...and theirs is not....HA

ND was a warm spot in my heart.  UAT's Bear could never beat them and they ooze real tradition ... not the made up stuff.

WAR EAGLE!!!

168955[/snapback]

Yeah thats why EVERY SINGLE TIME someone outside of Auburn mentions teams with class and storied tradition...they mention Alabama along with ND, OU, Michigan...

because ours is made up...and theirs is not....HA

169029[/snapback]

Lots of things have some intrinsic value just because they are old

--old stories

--old coins

--old money

--old people

--old friends

--etc.

--bama's football tradition :big:

WAR EAGLE!!!

168955[/snapback]

I hear you kingfish. I am not a Notre Dame fan by any means. I grew up hearing bama fans talk about how much the hated them. So how bad can they be?

Why would a bowl even consider taking the Big East's #2 over the BigXII's #2?

169052[/snapback]

I think thats a really good question...i was thinking the same thing. I wouldnt want the big east's #1 over the big XII's #2

Guest Tigrinum Major
Why would a bowl even consider taking the Big East's #2 over the BigXII's #2?

169052[/snapback]

I think thats a really good question...i was thinking the same thing. I wouldnt want the big east's #1 over the big XII's #2

169106[/snapback]

I wouldn't want the Big East #1 over the SEC's #8...unless it was Bama we were talking about.

Archived