Auburn only has itself to blame for tonight

gr82b4au

8 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Yes. Thurston Howell III, has made his disdain for Harsin known. Again. And again. And again........

You could easily add about 4 or 5 names to this list also.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

So it's Harsin's fault because Gus was trusted too much?

not what i said...............

3 hours ago, Win4AU said:

My big takeaway from last night was how badly college football needs something to create some parody.  If it’s just going to be the Bama UGA TaMu show then people are going to lose interest.  Need the usc Ohio states to actually be able to compete.  

Alabama was probably the better team last year, but losing Trey Sermon at the start of the game was a big blow to the Buckeyes ability to compete. He had run for over 500 yards in his last two games before going down on the first drive.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

And USCe is doing a much better job in the portal and recruiting than we are.  I thought Beamer would be a pretty bad hire, but he looks to be doing some good things at USCe.

Is this satire? Are you being sarcastic?  Please tell me you are.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Is this satire? Are you being sarcastic?  Please tell me you are.

Definitely in the portal, slightly behind us in recruiting. Combined probably better.

4 hours ago, slyinsocal said:

Yes, and while everyone else was spending $$$ left and right on facilities, the PTB for the last 10 years, sat on their hands when the prices were a bit more affordable than today. But no. Let's wait and play catch up instead, while our 2 next door neighbors are building dynasties. That's not on Harsin.

No one is blaming him for that so....

• Love 1

1 hour ago, slyinsocal said:

Yes. Thurston Howell III, has made his disdain for Harsin known. Again. And again. And again........

And no one ever ruined this board by hating on Gus on almost every thread for 5 years. And still are.

The hypocrisy here is really something.....

Edited by Tigerbelle
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, eaglenest said:

Barbee didn't run the basketball program into the ground, Jeff Lebo ran this program into the ground, and Gus DEFINITELY ran the football program INTO THE GROUND along with POOR LEADERSHIP from the PTB/ PRESIDENT/ and FANS.  We tend to award our coach with an out landish contract for winning the state title and a victory over UGA, that is all that matter to this fan base, not the playoffs or SEC championship. Barbee wanted NIKE and that started the pissing contest but at the end of the day he was right because under armour is hot garbage.

Good points, but Lebo got much more out of his players than Barbee.  Barbee ignored state and SE talent, but preferred to get on a plane and fly to the ends of the earth.

56 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Definitely in the portal, slightly behind us in recruiting. Combined probably better.

2021 Their class finished 79th we finished 19th.  

2022 is not done yet but they rank nearly 10 spots behind us with 3 less spots to fill.

I would argue that they haven't been more successful in the portal either.

I haven't had a chance to go look at what their portal guys did in 2021, but I know what ours did. 

I guess you base this conclusion solely on QB position you could argue they have done better in the portal, but again we aren't done and that distinction will be easier made after next season. 

48 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

And no one ever ruined this board by hating on Gus on almost every thread for 5 years. And still are.

The two are not mutually exclusive. The only difference is with Gus it has been warranted for the last 4 years easily. Harsin is 1 year in playing with Gus' failure of a roster.

15 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

2021 Their class finished 79th we finished 19th.  

2022 is not done yet but they rank nearly 10 spots behind us with 3 less spots to fill.

I would argue that they haven't been more successful in the portal either.

I haven't had a chance to go look at what their portal guys did in 2021, but I know what ours did. 

I guess you base this conclusion solely on QB position you could argue they have done better in the portal, but again we aren't done and that distinction will be easier made after next season. 

I'm talking about this year

49 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

You're right. It's a good thing to get even for Gus' mistreatment the last 5 years. By the way, how was Gus treated during his first 3 years? I'm wondering........

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

No one is blaming him for that so....

And no one is blaming Gus for the lack of leadership above him either.

2 hours ago, Zinzan said:

Alabama was probably the better team last year, but losing Trey Sermon at the start of the game was a big blow to the Buckeyes ability to compete. He had run for over 500 yards in his last two games before going down on the first drive.

Not to mention they had like 8 guys out with COVID and other injuries. Bama was pretty close to full health 

31 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

As you can clearly see, So am I. I just threw in last year for good measure because I do not see where they have done better than us at any point in CBH's tenure

Edited by Tigerpro2a

35 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Back pedaling? It was "much better" an hour or so ago......

37 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

You're right. It's a good thing to get even for Gus' mistreatment the last 5 years. By the way, how was Gus treated during his first 3 years? I'm wondering........

A lot of folks questioned the hire.  They were shut up after the first season.  By the third season, they were back.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

As you can clearly see, So am I. I just threw in last year for good measure because I do not see where they have done better than us at any point in CBH's tenure

Their class is ranked about 23rd and we're 19th.

They've added a very good TE, much better QB, an actual OL vs what we have going at the moment

14 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Ok I am bitter tonight. But…

The teams with the best players win. It will always be this way. Watching our 2 biggest rivals play AGAIN tonight makes me sad. 2 times in the last 5 years. When will it stop? Not for a while now.
I blame Jacobs. I blame Gus. I blame Auburn. Our 2 biggest rivals have dominated recruiting for years and years and have reached the point where we can’t compete for championships.

We should have fired Gus years ago and brought in someone like Kirby. I do not like him but he can recruit. Maybe We should have hired Mario last year or someone that could recruit. We are soooo far behind right now.  I have no idea if Harsin will be any good but His first year was not ideal. However he really has no chance going forward unless we can get a miracle Hail Mary last minute QB prospect and 4 new OL… oh and some WRs. The cupboard is bare. 

I have seen what hiring a coach like Bruce can do for a program. It brings in talent. And then you start to win championships. 

Hahahaha ok rant over. I feel better. Time to see if CW is visiting. 

I didn't even bother to read the rest of you post after you wrote "The teams with the best players win". since  that is totally a false statement with history in all sports showing the team with the best players win does NOT always win. 

After that I didn't see much of a reason to read the rest of your possible errors of your ways. If you are joking please put the laughing emoji at the top of your post to warn us... :)

4 hours ago, eaglenest said:

Barbee had to clean up Lebo's mess and wasn't given the tool's to do it.. so why is it that Barbee is the reason for so much hate and not Lebo? and this is Bruce record 15-20/ 11-20/ 18-14/ 26-8/30-10/ 25-6/ 13-14 now 14-1 and I like what Bruce has done but it has not been all peaches and cream and under armor is still garbage juice.

If Barbee is so good why hasn't he landed another HC job? Actually KY has gone down a little since he got there. He was a nice guy but not a good coach, at least at AU.

3 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

If Barbee is so good why hasn't he landed another HC job? Actually KY has gone down a little since he got there. He was a nice guy but not a good coach, at least at AU.

I think I read he was hired by Central Michigan a month or so ago; give him time he will ruin that program as well.  

• Like 1

Seems like every thread lately turns into a Gus vs. Harsin peeing contest May I suggest  the mods start a Gus vs. Harsin thread and put all such posts in there.

Let's just beat bama tonight. We are 4 point underdogs.

Edited by Proud Tiger
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Their class is ranked about 23rd and we're 19th.

They've added a very good TE, much better QB, an actual OL vs what we have going at the moment

We are ranked 13th. They are ranked 23rd. I don't know where you are getting your numbers from. 

As far as the "much better QB" We will see this season. I have never been high on Spencer Rattler. Maybe he proves me wrong this year playing much better competition with much less surrounding talent who knows. 

As far as Ol...yea they signed three 3* guys. We signed one ranked higher than all of theirs and we are not done. It was known we were going to hit the portal for OL due to the way the roster is set up. We need immediate help more than developmental projects for 2-3 years later. 

Ultimately the class isn't done so this is a moot point, but they are not out recruiting us nor have they yet. 

Screenshot 2022-01-11 3.31.54 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-01-11 3.31.34 PM.png