Kentucky - a preview

JwgreDeux

We also have to do an immensely better job of staying with guys and not trying to help too much on defense. Ole Miss routinely got easy 3 point looks in the first half because of that and UGA did as well. 
Grady is arguably the best sniper in the conference, Tyty is shooting 40%, Mintz has become a consistent shooter since SEC play started, and they got a couple other guys at 30ish%. 
I would probably contend Tyty is the best all around guard in conference, and probably one of the 2-3 best at operating off the dribble. Between the pressure he can put on the rim and Tshiebwe constantly lurking, I could see this being a game where multiple bigs are in foul trouble 

53 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Don’t forget there’s a gymnastics meet tonight. 

With our #7 ranked gymnastics team!

Unreal, who would've thought this would be the scene around Auburn basketball years ago? Crazy what BP has built here, and we should all be damn proud of it!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

The Cats fans are super confident that if Kentucky will hit on all cylinders they won't be beat.  I could say the same about us 😆.  Can't believe this is the only game my schedule has conflicted with, but I'll still hear updates from the basketball dad's at my daughter's game lol 

My daughter is playing for the jr high school team and first year ever wanting to play.  So I'm stoked she's taken an interest.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

How susceptible is their center to foul trouble?   I’m thinking we attack him.  Cbp has said recently and a lot after the GA game that we need to attack the rim to draw more fouls.

No one in CBB is better at this than KD. That guy is a heat-seeking missile. Will be interesting to see if that draw-more-fouls strategy is utilized. 

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I could see this being a game where multiple bigs are in foul trouble

Maybe we can move the game to Coleman Coliseum and wear white unis. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

With our #7 ranked gymnastics team!

The basketball team or at least SOME of the basketball team will be there in attendance as well

• Like 2
  • Love 3

15 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

The basketball team or at least SOME of the basketball team will be there in attendance as well

Looks like so much fun to be a student there tonight. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Unreal, who would've thought this would be the scene around Auburn basketball years ago? Crazy what BP has built here, and we should all be damn proud of it!

I was just thinking the same thing.......it's amazing that these kids are sitting out in the cold like that for Auburn basketball. Love the name "Pearlville".....so perfect for what Bruce has done at Auburn.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The atmosphere down here is one in a kind. I graduated a semester too early 

So did I.  I barely missed Bo Jackson's senior season in football.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Viper said:

Is this the biggest regular season game in AU basketball history? I can’t think of a bigger one. 

Least expensive ticket, per ESPN, is $371. 

4 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

So did I.  I barely missed Bo Jackson's senior season in football.

I was fortunate to be a student in the early 80s. Bo Jackson, Charles Barkley, and Frank Thomas. Of course, when one is on the 7 year plan, one gets to see lotsa things on campus.

• Like 4

I'm treating this game with the respect it deserves.  I'm tailgating at home with my wife: smoking a couple chickens, grilling asparagus and corn, and drinking beer before 5:30PM (my usual weekend "start time").

Note: grilled asparagus is a real treat.

• Like 1

Just now, SumterAubie said:

I was fortunate to be a student in the early 80s. Bo Jackson, Charles Barkley, and Frank Thomas. Of course, when one is on the 7 year plan, one gets to see lotsa things on campus.

I was there 1981-1985.  Graduated and moved to Huntsville just before Bo won the Heisman.  Loved watching Bo, Barkley, and Thomas.  You and I were probably at the same games together many times.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

I hope Kessler realizes he doesn't have to contest every basket. If their big guy has position let him have the bucket. And stop him next time down.

My thoughts exactly.

12 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

I hope Kessler realizes he doesn't have to contest every basket. If their big guy has position let him have the bucket. And stop him next time down.

Gonna be a game of concessions. He’s the most important player for this game without a doubt

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The atmosphere down here is one in a kind. I graduated a semester too early 

bruhhhhhhhh WE HAD TO BEG YOU TO GO TO GAMES ON HERE during your 7 years at AU Van Wilder!!! You missed so many games during Okoro's season!! Not only does Pepperidge Farms remember BUT SO DO I!!!! lol. WAR DAMN EAGLE BAY BAAAAAAY!!!! LEGGGGOOOOO!!!!

• Love 1
  • Haha 2