Harsin and the PTB

AUght2win

25 minutes ago, DAG said:

I mean have you done what you are accusing CBH of doing . Talking ish about your boss and a bunch of randoms got wind of it? 

Well, yes I have.  I talk trash to my boss all of the time.  He walks around like he is the sexiest thing on the planet.  It annoys me because it is true.  And on top of that he is incredibly smart.  I just don't get how someone could be that great of a human-being.  It annoys me.  In fact I hope this post gets to him somehow.

He will probably read it himself because I am my own boss...

micheal-scott-the-office.gif.862a8382478a2fe5df1ad7cabc101e32.gif

Edited by abw0004
  • Haha 5

Staff's going all over the country for the '23 class on the trail. Harsin supposedly in football love with Geriner, and according to Hoke, told Austin Davis how excited he is to coach him when trying to hire him.

I'm in a wait and see with him right now, but there's clearly an agenda by some "insiders" in Auburn, who are very embarrassed that they've been cut off, to spread stupid bs like this and claim he's looking to bolt at first chance. If he bolts he bolts, who cares if he and Bobo made fun of the good ole boys. The horror

• Like 2
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

If WDE, Bird, or Golf was the one who made the comments, would you believe any of them?  I don't think everyone lost credibility, although I do see your point.  When Harsin took over, many people were outed.

How these guys have maintained  connections over several coaching regimes amazes me. Who is still hanging around Auburn athletics dripping info for the past twenty years. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Well, yes I have.  I talk trash to my boss all of the time.  He walks around like he is the sexiest thing on the planet.  It annoys me because it is true.  And on top of that he is incredibly smart.  I just don't get how someone could be that great of a human-being.  It annoys me.  In fact I hope this post gets to him somehow.

He will probably read it himself because I am my own boss...

micheal-scott-the-office.gif.862a8382478a2fe5df1ad7cabc101e32.gif

So you going to answer ?

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

So you going to answer ?

I was just trying to lighten the mood.  But to your question, no I have not.  Before I started my own practice, if I ever had an issue I would just address it head-on.  I just found it was a lot more productive this way.

In this case I would not call it randoms though.  Remember, aside from 13 official positions, you can have as many staff as 30-40 people.  If you are having a meeting with all of them at once and make an off-hand comment there is a chance someone will say something.  I am not saying trust someone like JBoy, but the likes of WDE I would trust personally.

25 minutes ago, au302 said:

If he bolts he bolts, who cares if he and Bobo made fun of the good ole boys. The horror

Yeah, I don't get the big deal being made about these comments or that they were passed along. Seems folks are just more hard up to discredit others close to the program than they are to process information rationally. 

SSDD, though. That's evidently the way it's always been and always will be. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

So you going to answer ?

I don't doubt for a second that this staff of human beings could have done human stuff - make fun of people stepping on your toes. The PTB aren't his "boss". If they were, he would have never been hired to begin with. 

The PTB are meddlers who can help Harsin, but can't really hurt him unless he loses. So maybe it paints a picture of a guy who thinks he can do it all on his own, his way. That seems consistent with most accounts of CBH.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Don’t forget that Travis Williams was sabotaging Gus, right before he followed him to UCF. And Caleb Williams will be out next QB. The list of misinformation is long. We just have to let this thing play out and what happens, happens. 

That's the one that sticks out to me.  He said TWill didn't even belong in is interview with BH.  That he was clueless about defensive concepts or how to breakdown film or coach defense.  Then he said Gus never showed up during workouts + the whole story of the defensive coaches stabbing Gus in the back + the cancerous locker room.  

I'd wager that's the insider that's leading the charge about Harsin & Bobo making the potato gang comment.  Someone who loves to throw petrol on the least little flame and as an insider does more harm that good. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

How these guys have maintained  connections over several coaching regimes amazes me. Who is still hanging around Auburn athletics dripping info for the past twenty years. 

People who donate money. 

28 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Dripping negative info for the past 20 years.  Does he (we know who he is) ever spread a positive message give kudo's or praise the coaching staff for a job well done?  

14 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I don't doubt for a second that this staff of human beings could have done human stuff - make fun of people stepping on your toes. The PTB aren't his "boss". If they were, he would have never been hired to begin with. 

The PTB are meddlers who can help Harsin, but can't really hurt him unless he loses. So maybe it paints a picture of a guy who thinks he can do it all on his own, his way. That seems consistent with most accounts of CBH.

I am going to make this as simple as possible. Could CBH have said this underneath the scenes ? Sure a lot of people say things underneath the scenes to their confidential people. Do I believe he would say something that is offensive to the people who have a lot of power in the background where no names like DAG, aught2whatever , would hear about it? No, I don’t think he is dumb enough to do such a thing. If you can hear about it , I am sure his boss and those in the background have heard about it. That would not be very smart at this juncture of his career. Doing human stuff is one thing. Doing dumb stuff is another. Now I think posters here are dumb enough to do such a thing? Yes. But that is why they agree they are. 

The PTB have a lot of influence. To think otherwise is ridiculous, but even they understand protocol and how to go about doing things . He doesn’t get hired without the PTB being influenced. 

Edited by DAG

11 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

That's the one that sticks out to me.  He said TWill didn't even belong in is interview with BH.  That he was clueless about defensive concepts or how to breakdown film or coach defense.  Then he said Gus never showed up during workouts + the whole story of the defensive coaches stabbing Gus in the back + the cancerous locker room.  

I'm curious what offer you think TWill would have gotten that would have been better than DC at UCF? Same for Chip Lindsey.

For Gus's side of things, he's made it even more clear in Orlando than he did in Auburn that he doesn't love anything or anyone more than things and people he's already familiar with. I've never seen a man fit himself into smaller and smaller boxes like Gus has. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I'm curious what offer you think TWill would have gotten that would have been better than DC at UCF? Same for Chip Lindsey.

For Gus's side of things, he's made it even more clear in Orlando than he did in Auburn that he doesn't love anything or anyone more than things and people he's already familiar with. I've never seen a man fit himself into smaller and smaller boxes like Gus has. 

So now you are saying chip Lindsey went back to Gus. A guy, he supposedly didn’t like working with because he couldn’t get a better offer? Sounds like a very troubled individual. 

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am going to make this as simple as possible. Could CBH have said this underneath the scenes ? Sure a lot of people say things underneath the scenes to their confidential people. Do I believe he would say something that is offensive to the people who have a lot of power in the background where no names like DAG, aught2whatever , would hear about it? No, I don’t think he is dumb enough to do such a thing. If you can hear about it , I am sure his boss and those in the background have heard about it. That would not be very smart at this juncture of his career. Doing human stuff is one thing. Doing dumb stuff is another. Now I think posters here are dumb enough to do such a thing? Yes. But that is why they agree they are. 

The PTB have a lot of influence. To think otherwise is ridiculous, but even they understand protocol and how to go about doing things . He doesn’t get hired without the PTB being influenced. 

So you're being overly literal and saying CBH said that to their faces? What's it matter? Whether to their faces or behind their backs, it's like you said, if it's got to us then it got to the PTB. Same result. So what exactly are you arguing over?

Just now, AUght2win said:

So you're being overly literal and saying CBH said that to their faces? What's it matter? Whether to their faces or behind their backs, it's like you said, if it's got to us then it got to the PTB. Same result. So what exactly are you arguing over?

I am saying I don’t believe for a single second an insider got wind of this. Been saying the same thing over and over . These same insiders have been wrong about way more prominent topics but now they are right about some juvenile comment that CBH supposedly made? Get real. And I know you enjoy this type of stuff so I won’t keep engaging with you over it. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

So now you are saying chip Lindsey went back to Gus. A guy, he supposedly didn’t like working with because he couldn’t get a better offer? Sounds like a very troubled individual. 

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying, and I can't for the life of me imagine how that would make him a "very troubled individual", or even a "slightly troubled individual". His other option was Florida Atlantic. I'm going to venture a guess that he'll be making about twice the money at UCF. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I am saying I don’t believe for a single second an insider got wind of this. Been saying the same thing over and over . These same insiders have been wrong about way more prominent topics but now they are right about some juvenile comment that CBH supposedly made? Get real. And I know you enjoy this type of stuff so I won’t keep engaging with you over it. 

Well now that I know the source(s) I'm inclined to believe them. It's really not that dramatic or farfetched a rumor. You're acting like he used a slur or got super personal.

Don't forget that SEC coaches can be a pretty insane lot. Coach O hit on a board member's wife. Petrino got road rash with his mistress. Urban Meyer's list is too long to mention. Kiffin was such a problem he got fired by Saban before a NC game. Something like this is very believable. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying, and I can't for the life of me imagine how that would make him a "very troubled individual", or even a "slightly troubled individual". His other option was Florida Atlantic. I'm going to venture a guess that he'll be making about twice the money at UCF. 

So he was so miserable being here with Gus that he is willing to endure the same miserable situation  just to make more money ? I just want to make sure that is what you are saying 

5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Well now that I know the source(s) I'm inclined to believe them. It's really not that dramatic or farfetched a rumor. You're acting like he used a slur or got super personal.

Don't forget that SEC coaches can be a pretty insane lot. Coach O hit on a board member's wife. Petrino got road rash with his mistress. Urban Meyer's list is too long to mention. Kiffin was such a problem he got fired by Saban before a NC game. Something like this is very believable. 

3 out of the 4 people you mentioned has well documented issues of being unprofessional. I don’t know much about the coach O situation. Does CBH have documented stuff like that? 

Edited by DAG

1 minute ago, DAG said:

3 out of the 4 people you mentioned has well documented issues of being unprofessional. I don’t know much about the coach O situation. Does CBH have documented stuff like that? 

Just let him go, man. Talking rational with these folks is akin to this

communication-breakdown-picture-id471108

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, au302 said:

but there's clearly an agenda by some "insiders" in Auburn, who are very embarrassed that they've been cut off, to spread stupid bs like this and claim he's looking to bolt at first chance. If he bolts he bolts, who cares if he and Bobo made fun of the good ole boys. The horror

THANK YOU!

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

Idk DAG but it's weird to plant a flag so firmly in this case. There are lots of clues that things aren't going super well behind the scenes. 

- Coach Corn fired mid-season.

- 5 game skid.

- Massive player exodus including 3 year starting QB and leading WR.

- Best coach on staff just suddenly leaves/dismissed.

- Portal and recruiting struggles on HC's side of ball.

Why are you so absolutely convinced there's no possibility things aren't going according to plan? Why are you certain things are going great?

There are a ton of signs for turmoil, with not many pointing to success right now.

• Like 2

Just now, AUght2win said:

Idk DAG but it's weird to plant a flag so firmly in this case. There are lots of clues that things aren't going super well behind the scenes. 

- Coach Corn fired mid-season.

- 5 game skid.

- Massive player exodus including 3 year starting QB and leading WR.

- Best coach on staff just suddenly leaves/dismissed.

- Portal and recruiting struggles on HC's side of ball.

Why are you so absolutely convinced there's no possibility things aren't going according to plan? Why are you certain things are going great?

There are a ton of signs for turmoil, with not many pointing to success right now.

When did I say things were going great ? 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

So he was so miserable being here with Gus that he is willing to endure the same miserable situation  just to make more money ? I just want to make sure that is what you are saying 

I didn't use the word "miserable", so I'm not sure why you did. But otherwise, yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Just like Travis Williams decided that being a full defensive coordinator for Gus was better than being a linebackers coach in Miami. 

Again, in Lindsey's case you're talking around $200k a year more. In Williams's case, you're talking about a promotion that he wasn't going to get somewhere else.

And Caleb Williams liked USC's $2 million offer more than our $1 million offer. 

Truly beyond me how any of this causes emotion or confusion. 

• Like 1