Harsin and the PTB

AUght2win

11 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Everyone says that, really.

Barbee was right.

So is Harsin. And he should also get 4 years to implement his thing as well.

You are correct but Harsin will get only three maybe two imo

• Like 2

Yella Wood and the Millionaire Club don't like Harsin because they didn't have a say in his hiring! Poor little puddy cats! LOL

11 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I have a feeling this will be true.  The problem I see right now is after Harsin was hired, he started calling the PTB the "potato gang."  He then proceeded to have a losing season, and ran off his DC.  I bet the PTB cut his timeline down.

I always thought him making fun of the PTB was an odd choice.  I don't know of many employees who make fun of their bosses and call them names to be with their respective companies.  That is a good way to get fired, especially if you do not perform. 

We have a winner! Yes yes yes 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I have a feeling this will be true.  The problem I see right now is after Harsin was hired, he started calling the PTB the "potato gang."  He then proceeded to have a losing season, and ran off his DC.  I bet the PTB cut his timeline down.

I always thought him making fun of the PTB was an odd choice.  I don't know of many employees who make fun of their bosses and call them names to be with their respective companies.  That is a good way to get fired, especially if you do not perform. 

i missed this one some how. no wonder a lot of people do not like him.still............he deserves an honest chance unless he starts hurting stuff. i am already disappointed harsin let kobe go while mason wanted to work with him yo turn him around. i admit i do not know the whole story but we are supposed to be training young men for the future as well as winning football games. so IF harsin turned his back on a kid that we could have turned around,well, this disappoints me. hearts and minds and all that stuff mean something to me. do not spout all that mess out if you are not gonna walk the walk. you guys can laugh all you want but it means something to me.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

OMG!  Shut down this stupid thread.

you do not get to dictate what is discussed. it is not a good look. how dare we disappoint you sir.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Everything you said is true but the sad thing is the PTB should not be his bosses. His Bosses should be the Director of Athletics Alan Greene and the President of the University. Knowing how Auburn works it was stupid for him to say it but I am hoping he finds a way to both turn program around to be the type of Football program we want and to mend fences with the money men who should not be bosses but are still important to the University. Winning changes a lot so that is what Harsin needs to do.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I have a feeling this will be true.  The problem I see right now is after Harsin was hired, he started calling the PTB the "potato gang." 

I don't understand this?  Why is the PTB called the potato gang?  Harsin and his group from BOISE IDAHO should be called the potato gang.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Mcbowen327 said:

So basically we are a shot at USC in 04 and 2 minutes in 2013 short of being the same?? The goal posts can be moved both ways. They are probably considered a better program by most but it's by a small margin I believe. Auburn has its benefits and vice versa. I'm just saying there isn't a logical reason that we can't hire a coach of the same caliber as they do without having to settle for a coach. Unless it's the way boosters are making it that hard. Which seems to be true.

Ifs and butts and stuff.  Look at sustained success.  I'd bank on the past 22 years we had 3 good season then a bunch of 8-5s and worse.  I think maybe 1 or 2 9 win season.  We are peaks and a ton of valleys and avg.  That's our 21st century.  LSU has had a lot of sustained success in recent history and that helps.

22 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Everything you said is true but the sad thing is the PTB should not be his bosses. His Bosses should be the Director of Athletics Alan Greene and the President of the University. Knowing how Auburn works it was stupid for him to say it but I am hoping he finds a way to both turn program around to be the type of Football program we want and to mend fences with the money men who should not be bosses but are still important to the University. Winning changes a lot so that is what Harsin needs to do.

Part of the reason Auburn struggles to remain relevant is because we run it like a freaking country club and not like a billion dollar business. Feelings should not matter nor are they relevant 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, wcware said:

Part of the reason Auburn struggles to remain relevant is because we run it like a freaking country club and not like a billion dollar business. Feelings should not matter nor are they relevant 

Sorry I used the word relevant 2 times. Poorly worded. F-

5 minutes ago, wcware said:

I agree we should run it more like a business. That said feelings are relevant when you need to ask people for donations. In a way it is a combination business and a charity.  Most businesses don't need contributions from outside donors. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I don't understand this?  Why is the PTB called the potato gang?  Harsin and his group from BOISE IDAHO should be called the potato gang.

I know, it is confusing.  😂  From my understanding, this is what was stated:  "Many think the Boise crew/new regime view Auburn folks as stupid, don't know how to do things, etc. ... hence, the potato gang reference."

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I know, it is confusing.  😂  From my understanding, this is what was stated:  "Many think the Boise crew/new regime view Auburn folks as stupid, don't know how to do things, etc. ... hence, the potato gang reference."

Strange

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I agree we should run it more like a business. That said feelings are relevant when you need to ask people for donations. In a way it is a combination business and a charity.  Most businesses don't need contributions from outside donors. 

There's another coach at Auburn seeing some success right now and it is because he's both made good business decisions and because he has excelled at the PR part of the job. Let's be honest. Bruce Pearl is a damned good basketball coach, but I don't think he gets us where we are without bending the knee a little to those who matter. (Including, gasp, students, non-monied alumni, and other fans.)

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

WOW.  Talk about brash.  

:no:

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

I wonder what Auburn folks CBH & his staff have worked so closely with in the last 13 mos to leave them with the opinion they have?  Are they working with the Allen Greene, Prez Gouge, Tim Jackson (is he still Exec AD?), a certain distinguished former military gentleman who know oversees the AD budget & finances, the NIL Company?  

Interesting to say the least. 

1 minute ago, JerryAU said:

I wonder what Auburn folks CBH & his staff have worked so closely with in the last 13 mos to leave them with the opinion they have?  Are they working with the Allen Greene, Prez Gouge, Tim Jackson (is he still Exec AD?), a certain distinguished former military gentleman who know oversees the AD budget & finances, the NIL Company?  

Interesting to say the least. 

I’m amazed that we have moved from “some people think” something in someone else’s mind to trying to determine who they interacted with to come to that conclusion. This is the epitome of a whisper campaign to make Harsin and company look bad. If anyone is willing to swallow that they are ready for the phone call to give someone from across the world your bank account information so they can send cash. Good luck with that.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

I’m amazed that we have moved from “some people think” something in someone else’s mind to trying to determine who they interacted with to come to that conclusion. This is the epitome of a whisper campaign to make Harsin and company look bad. If anyone is willing to swallow that they are ready for the phone call to give someone from across the world your bank account information so they can send cash. Good luck with that.

Lay off Hank, or put me on ignore to save yourself the effort of commenting on every post I make. 

I'M not the individual that made that statement, I simply asked a question regarding their comment.  

2 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Lay off Hank, or put me on ignore to save yourself the effort of commenting on every post I make. 

I'M not the individual that made that statement, I simply asked a question regarding their comment.  

My comment  was not pointed at you but whoever made the statement. I also needed to connect to the comment for context. I didn’t (and don’t) point towards individuals on this forum. I have learned from some poor outcomes in the past.

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Ifs and butts and stuff.  Look at sustained success.  I'd bank on the past 22 years we had 3 good season then a bunch of 8-5s and worse.  I think maybe 1 or 2 9 win season.  We are peaks and a ton of valleys and avg.  That's our 21st century.  LSU has had a lot of sustained success in recent history and that helps.

Okay. Well it's safe to say USC has had less success than us recently, but they can get better coaches because "it's a dream job". You can pick any school other than maybe one or two and the pros and cons of their program vs Auburn are not to far from level. Again the public view of how our program is dictated is possibly the biggest drawback of the job. 

I doubt a HR hire head coach is sweating the ups and downs of a program if they are confident in their capabilities. Bama wasn't some dream job in 2007 so what is it about Auburn that makes it impossible for us to hire a hot name HC

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Wait, he made fun of the PTB? Where'd you hear this from? 

• Thanks 1

Bunch of unsubstantiated conjecture in this thread lmao.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

My comment  was not pointed at you but whoever made the statement. I also needed to connect to the comment for context. I didn’t (and don’t) point towards individuals on this forum. I have learned from some poor outcomes in the past.

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Wait, he made fun of the PTB? Where'd you hear this from? 

It is on the donor side.  You would need to head over there to see the entire post.  But it was from a well respected insider.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mcbowen327 said:

what is it about Auburn that makes it impossible for us to hire a hot name HC

Not the entire answer to the question, but hopefully the math works out a little better with our next hire to where we can afford to pay one good salary rather than two decent ones. Thanks, Stevie Leath!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Didba said:

Bunch of unsubstantiated conjecture in this thread lmao.

Keep down voting and showing up to every thread to try to shut them down. People love it.

• Love 2