Harsin and the PTB

AUght2win

On 1/24/2022 at 12:54 AM, AUght2win said:

Gooootcha.

Man. I didn't realize how the whole donor thing worked. I've been meaning to donate for a while but didn't know there was actually a different board.

No wonder this place has gone absolutely downhill. 

Looking in the mirror?

1 hour ago, au302 said:

That's fair. Stuff like this is entertaining, even if it's harmful. The trouble I have is that it's been hard for reputable sites to even get recruiting scoop from this regime, so it's even harder for me to believe that scoop like this is available. I can believe the Nix and Mason stuff and how that got out, but this ones a stretch. A silly jab made by staff members at people that have been made fun of for years. If that's the best "dirt" they can get right now, then he's no Kiffin or Petrino.

That's what I was arguing with someone else about. One of those things actually matters and has possible strategic ramifications for the program if revealed, and the other is Harsin calling people potatoes.

Makes perfect sense to me that folks adjacent to the program might hear about the potato thing over beers or around the water cooler, but not be privy to sensitive recruiting or hiring information. 

Just now going back and skimming the first few pages of the thread. Lol. Now I have a better understanding of why everyone is being so weird. I can only imagine that it got even weirder in the ten or so pages between those first few and where I came in. Some real Heart of Darkness/Apocalypse Now s***. Never get off the boat!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DAG said:

but I always thought he should've just started with his guys, regardless of SEC experience.

I agree and bet CBH would do it that way if he had to do it over. I feel like he’s got it right this time, but like we keep saying winning means most. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Dart - HC change/job jeopardy.

Rattler - HC change/job jeopardy.

Slovis - HC change/job jeopardy.

Williams - HC change

JT Daniels - job jeopardy

Bo is the only one I can think of that left without either of those things being a factor.

um....you don't think Bo left b/c a change in the HC?

That's one extremely specific reason why he left

Last time I commented on this thread it had 4 pages. I’m all caught up now. What an emotional journey. 

Also, I know what the potato gang is, and no it’s not real. 🥸

I think @DAG said it best. This is all silly stuff that only matters because we’re losing. If we were winning, you’d probably never have heard about it. I still think Harsin can turn it around. If he proves me wrong I’ll admit that. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Dart - HC change/job jeopardy.

Rattler - HC change/job jeopardy.

Slovis - HC change/job jeopardy.

Williams - HC change

JT Daniels - job jeopardy

Bo is the only one I can think of that left without either of those things being a factor.

OC change was a substantial reason why Bo left. He ultimately likely doesn't come back either way, but that was a reason even he listed why he considered dipping

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Same. Part of the problem as I see it is that NIL is changing the landscape so quickly that programs which lack stability and uniform support can easily put themselves in holes which will take years to dig out from. We are on some shaky ground, IMO.

We may lack stability at AU but nobody can say we lack uniform support:  

There is a sewing machine at Auburn-Alabama - SBNation.com

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Players sticking around doesn't really refute that or that other things aren't going great.

Funny how many people think backup players leaving is a terrible look for our HC, but upper echelon multi year starters staying doesn’t mean anything. The group I mentioned are or will be looked upon as key leaders for this team. I believe them staying is a huge positive statement for the coaching staff. I’m just trying to take a balanced approach. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Tank got money and I'm not sure very many of the other ones had a legitimate shot at a good draft position or at a starting role at a comparable program.)

Tashawn Manning was a backup guard and was immediately picked up by a UK team coming off a 10 win season. Hall, one of the SEC sack leaders, Wooden, one of the SEC TFL leaders, Pappoe, 5 star talent tackling machine, and Shenker, arguably one of the SECs top 3 most productive tight ends would likely have excellent and immediate offers. And Tank could’ve likely gotten a pay raise at any of our biggest rivals. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Last time I commented on this thread it had 4 pages. I’m all caught up now. What an emotional journey. 

Also, I know what the potato gang is, and no it’s not real. 🥸

I think @DAG said it best. This is all silly stuff that only matters because we’re losing. If we were winning, you’d probably never have heard about it. I still think Harsin can turn it around. If he proves me wrong I’ll admit that. 

Correct. I think 99 percent of the people get that now. There is going to be a poster or two who gets offended because they want to believe 100% of what the insiders say on here even in the face of fallacy, which is another issue for another day.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Didba said:

Really strange to see DAG and McLoofus going at it.  Two of the more reasonable posters usually on any subject.  Maybe, the Auburn Singularity is really coming about.  I blame Golf and BigBird for agreeing with each other that one time.  Destruction was sure to be wrought after that occurrence.

I should have never started talking about potatoes on this thread.  

23 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Funny how many people think backup players leaving is a terrible look for our HC, but upper echelon multi year starters staying doesn’t mean anything. The group I mentioned are or will be looked upon as key leaders for this team. 

I don't believe I've ever stated anything to suggest I count among those you reference in the first sentence, and I don't disagree at all with the second.

27 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m just trying to take a balanced approach. 

We have that in common.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

OC change was a substantial reason why Bo left. He ultimately likely doesn't come back either way, but that was a reason even he listed why he considered dipping

That's true but it never made sense to me because unless he followed Bobo, he's gonna have a new one anyway. The most continuity possible for him was still Auburn, outside of going to UCF.

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

um....you don't think Bo left b/c a change in the HC?

That's one extremely specific reason why he left

He didn't have a change in HC this offseason. He would have left last year to qualify for that being his reason.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

He didn't have a change in HC this offseason. He would have left last year to qualify for that being his reason.

he 100% left b/c Gus isn't here anymore.  There is 0 doubt about that.  Such a weird "qualifier" to force a point

12 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

he 100% left b/c Gus isn't here anymore.  There is 0 doubt about that.  Such a weird "qualifier" to force a point

Use common sense. If Bo said "I absolutely will not play for anyone but Gus and/or I don't like Harsin", then he leaves December 2020.

Guys who are truly leaving because of a HC change do so without giving the new guy a chance. Like Slovis. Like Williams. Like Dart. 

Of course CBH replacing Gus was a factor, but if it was a deal-breaker he would have left last year. You know exactly what I mean and you're just being weirdly obstinate. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, auburnphan said:

There will always be some at Auburn who will noT like Harsin, they will try to take him down and spread rumors.  This is how Auburn works.  He is noT an ass kisser and some wiThin Auburn always Need their ass kissed.  Of course there is some truth to what is being thrown around.  Harsin needs to win over the student body this off season and get results on the field next season.  Follow Bruce’s lead.  He didnT kiss ass when he GoT here and focused betTerinG the team and filling the sTands.  WinninG silences BackstaBBing at Auburn, alwaYs has, always will.

Think some of your keyboard keys are stuck, or maybe you spilled something on the caps lock.

53 minutes ago, C'viewTiger said:

Lot of rumors with no sources in here. I realize you call it discussion but damn, some of you guys should start a ‘Hen’ party!

There are sources. Go back a few pages. 

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

I'll get criticized for this, but I could also see Harsin still going after Calzada or others if he stayed. While he'd likely still win the job, I think a strong argument can be made that, at minimum, Calzada/Geriner would be much stronger competition than TJ/Loy/Davis.

I know that's probably not the reason he left, but this is his money year and he may not have liked the uncertainty with Harsin's plans at OC and the QB room at the time. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Great post you got part of it correct you Boise Boy...

I prefer Potato aficionado

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

Blame Golf

bruh, where have you been? you have been sorely missed?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1