Harsin and the PTB

AUght2win

30 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

Yep bunch of crazy assumptions- but wait someone will pop up here soon and say they have an inside scoop on "Boise Boys think locals are inferior" Heaven help any of the coaching staff if they're Mormons or not Southern white Christian good ol boys..

Yeah my statement was directly related to people "knowing" that harsin was referring the PTB as "potato gang" or some such, and people here eat it up like gospel. Like cmon man. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Harsin's biggest cultural challenge isn't the football team, it's the insiders, good ole boys, boosters, and all the other jock sniffers associated with Auburn football. If he can change or at least manage that Auburn football will become the powerhouse that it is capable of becoming.

And that seems to be the thrust of it. Can he manage that part of it. Now, if he gets the players in and wins, then that will take care of itself. And that's the big If for me. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It doesn't make sense to you that some "goofy"- agreed- meaningless comment would leak out but things that actually matter and have big ramifications for people at high levels wouldn't? 

As for the donor forum, I personally didn't pay to have access to more information. I donated $25 twice because Red asked for some help keeping the lights on and I spend a lot of time here. I do love the higher ration of reactions, though!

What are you even talking about ? I am saying if things as significant as whom we are hiring is getting missed, why would I believe CBH is dumb enough to say a juvenile joke that may offend his bosses and someone HERE got wind of it. That doesn’t make sense .

Red? Hilarious 

Edited by DAG

41 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I am just trying to relay bits of what a few of the insiders said.  One of which I believe you trust as well (for what it is worth).  He hasn't given me a reason not to trust him before.

Is this by chance the insider that swore TWill didn't know his way out of a paper sack when CBH interviewed him?  That TW couldn't even breakdown a defense or literally knew even one thing about defensive schemes, coaching?

The same insider that would regularly to this board with hot tidbits after any negativity within the program when CGM was here?  Giving us info on the rotten locker room attitudes and claiming Gus never even took the time to show up for workouts? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

What are you even talking about ? I am saying if things as significant as whom we are hiring is getting missed, why would I believe CBH is dumb enough to say a juvenile joke that may offend his bosses and someone HERE got wind of it. That doesn’t make sense .

Well, I felt like I was pretty clear and very directly addressed your point. Which is that it doesn't make sense to you that insiders on this website would hear about something as unimportant as an offhand and innocuous insult offered in conversation, most likely- and with which this fanbase and most who follow the team closely have agreed for decades- but that they wouldn't be privy to much more important and sensitive things such as hiring decisions. Right? Interesting.  

Red? Hilarious 

How so?

43 minutes ago, DAG said:

I mean some of you anonymous message board folks think you move smarter than the average individual lmao. These dudes are multi-millionaires for a reason but y’all believing there is a mole hearing CBH call a group of individuals potatoes. Same folks who have no freaking clue who he be hiring lol. Makes logical sense. And y’all are paying for that information? This is some clubhouse stuff. But at least clubhouse is free.

It's all true

Spoiler

I am Bert Watts

Edited by W.E.D
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, McLoofus said:

Well, I felt like I was pretty clear and very directly addressed your point. Which is that it doesn't make sense to you that insiders on this website would hear about something as unimportant as an offhand and innocuous insult offered in conversation, most likely- and with which this fanbase and most who follow the team closely have agreed for decades- but that they wouldn't be privy to much more important and sensitive things such as hiring decisions. Right? Interesting.  

How so?

That’s not what I said. My point has been that the insiders have been out in left field about prominent things, so why would I take them serious about juvenile things? It’s pretty simple. If you want to be that person, have at it . I like to think our methodical coach is smarter than that 

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It's all true

Hide contents

I am Bert Watts

So are you saying Bert Watts told you that CBH said this?

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

So are you saying Bert Watts told you that CBH said this?

Sorry, that was a joke.  I was saying I am Bert Watts & heard Harsin say it.

• Haha 1

talk about timing. i just got from a monthly get to gether with my oldest friend who id a preacher and a huge bama fan thos he has never been a jerk about it. shocking i know. i was told this goody and you can believe it or not as i have no idea and would want biscuits or wde to confirm or denie at least part of it. the word is harsin's wife cannot stand auburn or the south in general. why was not said but i was told win or lose harsin would be gone after next year. that is a pretty bold statement. now my friend is as honest as they come. his source who is tied in with my friends big brother who knows a ton of people. anyway my friend said he had no idea if it was true but he said it is common knowledge harsin has pissed off a whole lot of people for real. i am sure i will get attacked but lay off my friend because he told me he and his brother discussed it and he was just passing on to a close friend. i would bookmark this if  i knew how because i am interested in what happens. for the record wde and biscuit cannot stand harsin so he is doing something to ruffle feathers for a fact.

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Sorry, that was a joke.  I was saying I am Bert Watts & heard Harsin say it.

Damn man my bad lol. Lmao . 

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

My point has been that the insiders have been out in left field about prominent things, so why would I take them serious about juvenile things?

If WDE, Bird, or Golf was the one who made the comments, would you believe any of them?  I don't think everyone lost credibility, although I do see your point.  When Harsin took over, many people were outed.

I love the stuff that's posted here man. Offseason gets slow so I appreciate the laughs. It's hard for me to the Boise crew thinks Southerners are "inferior or dumb"... These are regular football coaches, not a bunch of Ivy leaguer Phd's. Now, they probably chuckle and get pissed off about boosters trying to run everything, but so do I and I'm southern. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, DAG said:

Damn man my bad lol. Lmao . 

I was hoping the spoiler was enough. But I also got facepalmed by someone else, so it wasn't that clear

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

If WDE, Bird, or Golf was the one who made the comments, would you believe any of them?  I don't think everyone lost credibility, although I do see your point.  When Harsin took over, many people were outed.

I don’t just believe a single person on here off face value no matter how much I respect them . Some of these people were saying how much Chip Lindsey didn’t like working for Gus and as you can see he is back working under Gus. Maybe he had a prodigal son moment 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I was hoping the spoiler was enough. But I also got facepalmed by someone else, so it wasn't that clear

Unfortunately, based on some of the things being written it is hard to see true sarcasm and joking. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

talk about timing. i just got from a monthly get to gether with my oldest friend who id a preacher and a huge bama fan thos he has never been a jerk about it. shocking i know. i was told this goody and you can believe it or not as i have no idea and would want biscuits or wde to confirm or denie at least part of it. the word is harsin's wife cannot stand auburn or the south in general. why was not said but i was told win or lose harsin would be gone after next year. that is a pretty bold statement. now my friend is as honest as they come. his source who is tied in with my friends big brother who knows a ton of people. anyway my friend said he had no idea if it was true but he said it is common knowledge harsin has pissed off a whole lot of people for real. i am sure i will get attacked but lay off my friend because he told me he and his brother discussed it and he was just passing on to a close friend. i would bookmark this if  i knew how because i am interested in what happens. for the record wde and biscuit cannot stand harsin so he is doing something to ruffle feathers for a fact.

Think that's been posted before on the rant maybe? I've seen it from other Bama fans. Not sure if your buddy's on the rant, guessing it wasn't him. Who knows, I also saw a post somewhere that she's glad to be here because she supposedly has a lot of family in Atlanta. I don't care at this point. If he wins next year, he'll probably stay. All the big WC jobs just got filled so if he goes out west he'd probably downgrade. Hard to see him doing that after a winning year in the SEC. If he loses he'll probably get fired or bolt.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I mean have you done what you are accusing CBH of doing . Talking ish about your boss and a bunch of randoms got wind of it? 

4 minutes ago, au302 said:

Think that's been posted before on the rant maybe? I've seen it from other Bama fans. Not sure if your buddy's on the rant, guessing it wasn't him. Who knows, I also saw a post somewhere that she's glad to be here because she supposedly has a lot of family in Atlanta. I don't care at this point. If he wins next year, he'll probably stay. All the big WC jobs just got filled so if he goes out west he'd probably downgrade. Hard to see him doing that after a winning year in the SEC. If he loses he'll probably get fired or bolt.

my friend mostly does news and religious stuff. i doubt he goes to reddit. he was told that info for fact but he is like me and has a lets wait and see.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, au302 said:

The rant is where I've seen this posted, I knew this wasn't the 1st time I'd seen it.

Lol at the rant and those crazy posters. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I realize my posts sometimes leave doubt. But in the end as long as it's not Satan himself I want whoever the coach of Auburn to be the best. However at the same time I'm not gonna let red flags fly by and let every scenario that discredits become facts to me. I hope we win a Natty next year or win more than all expect, but if we do no one can say that there was any reason for us fans to have been given hope so far. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

About the potato comments from harsin towards the PTB? No, I wouldn't believe them and even if it was said I'd still recognize it as a joke made about one's superiors which most every one has done about their crappy boss. It's not a big deal to me.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don’t just believe a single person on here off face value no matter how much I respect them . Some of these people were saying how much Chip Lindsey didn’t like working for Gus and as you can see he is back working under Gus. Maybe he had a prodigal son moment 

Don’t forget that Travis Williams was sabotaging Gus, right before he followed him to UCF. And Caleb Williams will be out next QB. The list of misinformation is long. We just have to let this thing play out and what happens, happens. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Don’t forget that Travis Williams was sabotaging Gus, right before he followed him to UCF. And Caleb Williams will be out next QB. The list of misinformation is long. We just have to let this thing play out and what happens, happens. 

The truth is if we were winning none of this stuff would be coming out. We had a losing season , CBH as his own staff without particular resonance to the SEC and now all of this is out. I want somebody to surprise me and bring this information out when we go on a winning streak for once. 

• Like 1