Harsin and the PTB

AUght2win

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Anyway, I am sure there are some people who might have personal feelings about the various regimes, but I don't believe that those interfere significantly with the information they share.

I think a lot of folks who read that information are failing themselves by being way too literal and not understanding that everybody exaggerates most of what they type a little bit. If they would just understand that and stay cognizant of it while processing the information they read here, then these conversations might not get so ridiculous.

Completely agree. I don't take any one person's information as gospel. Mason's best friend would be a bonafide insider, as would Schmedding's best friend. They would probably give you very different perspectives. 

So I look at the patterns/trends. It's not just one insider expressing grave concerns. It's at least three who are being very vocal. I am currently aware of zero insiders who are passionately defending Harsin. 

It doesn't mean Harsin will 100% fail, but it does point to serious concerns. 

Oh, and I hope the "insiders" continue to share their information. Mostly because I find it fun. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Yeah, can we leave potatoes out of this please? They make fries, tots, vodka, hashbrowns…

Its like other veggies aren’t even trying.

In fact, I find being called a potato quite the compliment. Like being the Swiss army veggie.

Bless your couch potato heart!

10 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

Probably the wrong year to be asking this question with so many QBs on the move:  QB Musical Chairs

Dart - HC change/job jeopardy.

Rattler - HC change/job jeopardy.

Slovis - HC change/job jeopardy.

Williams - HC change

JT Daniels - job jeopardy

Bo is the only one I can think of that left without either of those things being a factor.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Yeah, can we leave potatoes out of this please? They make fries, tots, vodka, hashbrowns…

In fact, I find being called a potato quite the compliment. Like being the Swiss army veggie.

You forgot gnocchi. You should be ashamed of yourself. Go to your room and say 5 Hail Gus'

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

Completely agree. I don't take any one person's information as gospel. Mason's best friend would be a bonafide insider, as would Schmedding's best friend. They would probably give you very different perspectives. 

So I look at the patterns/trends. It's not just one insider expressing grave concerns. It's at least three who are being very vocal. I am currently aware of zero insiders who are passionately defending Harsin. 

It doesn't mean Harsin will 100% fail, but it does point to serious concerns. 

Oh, and I hope the "insiders" continue to share their information. Mostly because I find it fun. 

Me too! A huge draw to these forums!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Dart - HC change/job jeopardy.

Rattler - HC change/job jeopardy.

Slovis - HC change/job jeopardy.

Williams - HC change

JT Daniels - job jeopardy

Bo is the only one I can think of that left without either of those things being a factor.

The sheer number of QB transfer for this year is unprecedented ... regardless of underlying reason(s.)    

• Like 1

Just now, AUloggerhead said:

The sheer number of QB transfer for this year is unprecedented ... regardless of underlying reason(s.)    

It annoys me when people quote guys (minor annoyance but still) I have on ignore but, literally 4 out of his 5 listed guys in that quoted post left (at least partially) for the same reason Bo left....job jeopardy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

See, now this is something worth talking about. I am also curious. I could see where a former race car driver might throw around potato in the sense of a couch potato as the worst insult that he knows. But that obviously is pure conjecture and I just really do want to know. Because it might actually be an awesome insult.

Had not considered the "coach potato" angle. That could definitely be it. 

I'm hoping there is an origin to the insult that makes it a good one. If you're gonna do it, do it right. Maybe it's something specifically personal, like one of the PTB has a weird Mr. Potato Head collection or has a potato shaped wife. Just spitballin' here. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

It's not just one insider expressing grave concerns. It's at least three who are being very vocal. I am currently aware of zero insiders who are passionately defending Harsin. 

And all of them were positive about the hire and have had very nice things to say about various aspects of the regime so far. Or at a minimum have preached patience.

I hate to say it, but there is some "I don't like the information so I am going to discredit the source" going on with this. Oh well, it is the way of things.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Potatoes are cheap and versatile. And you can order mashed potatoes or french fries as a "vegetable" at meat and three's with your macaroni and cheese and you don't have to eat anything healthy at all. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, cbo said:

I am currently aware of zero insiders who are passionately defending Harsin.

One could argue that the most important insiders are the players (many) who have chosen to come back. Hall, Pappoe, Wooden, Tank, Shenker, O linemen. The first 5 on that list could’ve entered the portal and had their choice of great destinations. They chose to come back. Also Wooten and his mom have given great reviews about the coaches on social media. We’re focused more on the ones who left, but when you look at who stayed there are solid signs that Harsin still has the team in a good place as he rebuilds the roster and culture. Time and results will be the ultimate judge. All my humble opinion. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Me too! A huge draw to these forums!

And apparently a huge problem for the surprisingly large "why are we talking about this?" contingent. 

• Like 1

There will always be some at Auburn who will noT like Harsin, they will try to take him down and spread rumors.  This is how Auburn works.  He is noT an ass kisser and some wiThin Auburn always Need their ass kissed.  Of course there is some truth to what is being thrown around.  Harsin needs to win over the student body this off season and get results on the field next season.  Follow Bruce’s lead.  He didnT kiss ass when he GoT here and focused betTerinG the team and filling the sTands.  WinninG silences BackstaBBing at Auburn, alwaYs has, always will.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

And all of them were positive about the hire and have had very nice things to say about various aspects of the regime so far. Or at a minimum have preached patience.

Unfortunately, with how things have gone the last three months, I think patience will begin to run very thin this fall, even among Harsin’s supporters, if on the field results are coming slowly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

One could argue that the most important insiders are the players (many) who have chosen to come back. Hall, Pappoe, Wooden, Tank, Shenker, O linemen. The first 5 on that list could’ve entered the portal and had their choice of great destinations. They chose to come back. Also Wooten and his mom have given great reviews about the coaches on social media. We’re focused more on the ones who left, but when you look at who stayed there are solid signs that Harsin still has the team in a good place as he rebuilds the roster and culture. Time and results will be the ultimate judge. All my humble opinion. 

Very true, but the reason insiders and any axes they may have to grind came up was to discredit the notion that Harsin was openly mocking Auburn's PTB. Players sticking around doesn't really refute that or that other things aren't going great.

(Also, as glad I am that they stuck around, very few of them genuinely had better options. Tank got money and I'm not sure very many of the other ones had a legitimate shot at a good draft position or at a starting role at a comparable program.)

• Like 1

Just now, Barnacle said:

Unfortunately, with how things have gone the last three months, I think patience will begin to run very thin this fall, even among Harsin’s supporters, if on the field results are coming slowly.

Mine is already more tenuous.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, selias said:

It annoys me when people quote guys (minor annoyance but still) I have on ignore but, literally 4 out of his 5 listed guys in that quoted post left (at least partially) for the same reason Bo left....job jeopardy.

If you're gonna ignore, ignore. Don't subtweet. 

And Bo's job was not in jeopardy LMAO. What planet are you on.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

There will always be some at Auburn who will noT like Harsin, they will try to take him down and spread rumors.  This is how Auburn works.  He is noT an ass kisser and some wiThin Auburn always Need their ass kissed.  Of course there is some truth to what is being thrown around.  Harsin needs to win over the student body this off season and get results on the field next season.  Follow Bruce’s lead.  He didnT kiss ass when he GoT here and focused betTerinG the team and filling the sTands.  WinninG silences BackstaBBing at Auburn, alwaYs has, always will.

Amen brother. Winning cures all. When we were 6 and 2, everything was rainbows and sunshine. Just win CBH . That shuts up the biggest detractors 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, cbo said:

Had not considered the "coach potato" angle. That could definitely be it. 

I'm hoping there is an origin to the insult that makes it a good one. If you're gonna do it, do it right. Maybe it's something specifically personal, like one of the PTB has a weird Mr. Potato Head collection or has a potato shaped wife. Just spitballin' here. 

HAS ANYONE SEEN HARSIN'S WIFE AND MS. POTATO HEAD IN THE SAME ROOM? NO? 

Case closed, Vincent, book em.

• Haha 1

Just now, McLoofus said:

Mine is already more tenuous.

Same. Part of the problem as I see it is that NIL is changing the landscape so quickly that programs which lack stability and uniform support can easily put themselves in holes which will take years to dig out from. We are on some shaky ground, IMO.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Good points and definitely worth considering. But it's always easier to stay than to go, which is why the transfers stand out more to me. 

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Well if this staff is producing disarray isn't it within the realm of possibility that dysfunction between Harsin and the PTB is happening? An example being, name calling and dislike between factions? 

Every coach since Dye has had issues with the PTB @ Auburn. Wonder what the common denominator is.