Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

According to Hoke, they asked him to come back from his vacay early, Harsin refused

Ha!  Good for him.  I wouldn't show up early to the firing squad, either.  

Good lord I leave this thread for an hour and now we have people bickering again and taking stuff way to seriously. Like the microwave thing isn't that bad. Relax. 

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Ah the ole millennial duo. These two shows have logged the majority of the hours on my television. Throw Seinfeld in there and we’re talking like 97% of my tv time.

I grew up with Friends so switch those two and I’m on the same boat. Watched a lot of Simpson/Family guys too. 

And I always wonder why I’m such a degenerate 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

It seems like if there were real evidence they would have fired him, vacation or not. So far we just have that an investigation is happening and they are still interviewing people. The rest is message board fodder. That's it. Still waiting and see at this point. 

Yeah I would think if they had proof of serious allegations him essentially giving them the middle finger would just add fuel to the flames and bolster their case to fire him right there.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Same could be said for those who won’t acknowledge the positives that were seen in the HC hire and positive growth happening on the field and off the field.  

Factual positive example- Early signing day and the mock draft creativity was a overall huge success even with coming off a poor finish to the season. 

It’s a fair question to ask…. how many of the  red flags occur if the team wins??????

I have not heard any Harsin supporters not dispute that there were and are issues. But the tough question is…are the actual issues (not the rumors) worth firing a first year coach and setting the program back even further??? 

Correct. One more first down against Bama and it is likley none of this is happening. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

when did I call you stupid ? lol. I don’t even know you . Unless you are referencing my AC slater GIPHY on the context as your post. That was a joke. I wasn’t calling you stupid only the idea that he would self sabotage himself to get a buy out stupid. I mean come on can you fault me for that gif?

Ok like I said I been around a while. If I cared about my Job and my team I would come back from vacation. I mean it has already been reported he wanted out of Auburn earlier last year. And he knows this crap is going on if he wasn't trying to get fired what is he doing?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Taco said:

What’s happening right now 

image.jpeg

What everybody else is doing 

image.jpeg

Ok Taco.....you really just tripped me out. I was literally watching this episode of The Office (Season 6  Episode 10 - Murder) and had just finished this scene when I made it down the page to your post. We are in a simulation.

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

Ok Taco.....you really just tripped me out. I was literally watching this episode of The Office (Season 6  Episode 10 - Murder) and had just finished this scene when I made it down the page to your post. We are in a simulation.

image.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

Ok like I said I been around a while. If I cared about my Job and my team I would come back from vacation. I mean it has already been reported he wanted out of Auburn earlier last year. And he knows this crap is going on if he wasn't trying to get fired what is he doing?

Vacationing and good for him. So you going off rumors once again even though he said from his own mouth he is here to stay ? Lol. Sounds like he is refusing to quit. If Auburn wants him gone , why not fire him now, then. I imagine if they are offended as much as you are right now that would be the case.

Some of this is clearly obsurd. "They" asked him to come back from vacation and he refused? Good lord, people - how gullible can you be.

Edited by aucanucktiger
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah I would think if they had proof of serious allegations him essentially giving them the middle finger would just add fuel to the flames and bolster their case to fire him right there.

Exactly my point..

Guest MustardSeed
3 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

If you were “in danger” of someone paying you 18 million to leave a place that clearly doesn’t want you there, would you rush back to try and save your job?  I sure as heck wouldn’t.  He’s calling their bluff. I don’t if he’s done anything or not but he sure isn’t acting concerned while AU folks are in panic. Good for him. I hope he sticks it to the lot of them at this point. As others have pointed out, if they had real evidence it would already be done.  The fact that it hasn’t likely means face to face negotiations are required to move forward. Him not coming back shows evidence that he holds all the cards.  They were likely banking on him panicking and giving in. Tough luck. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Vacationing and good for him. So you going off rumors once again even though he said from his own mouth he is here to stay ? Lol. Sounds like he is refusing to quit. If Auburn wants him gone , why not fire him now, then. I imagine if they are offended as much as you are right now that would be the case.

Well I mean I ran a business for 25 years and I never fired anyone on vacation I would do it face to face after I gave him a chance to offer his side. But what do I know.. Different times I know

2 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

Exactly my point..

You don’t have a point because if you did he would be fired. All he is going to do is come back and get back to business 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Right. Lowe was interviewed this morning on Jox and identified that Harsin communicated to him in their conversation that he was very  frustrated that the BOT and president did not give him a heads up as to the accusations before leaving town. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

took a little googling but it looks like Brett Whiteside was in that role for the previous regime and is currently chief recruiting officer at mizzou

Screenshot_20220207-182113.png

She's the assistant to HC & Football Operations.  She isn't the director of Football operations.

He made $13,333 a month and she makes $5,000

Just now, auburnfaithful72 said:

Well I mean I ran a business for 25 years and I never fired anyone on vacation I would do it face to face after I gave him a chance to offer his side. But what do I know.. Different times I know

Why would you give someone a chance to offer their side if you had adequate evidence to fire them with cause ? Lol. Like with serious allegations ? It wouldn’t matter if he was on vacation or not. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

Or maybe they want to hear Harsin's side of the story before they fire him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GreenTiger said:

Right. Lowe was interviewed this morning on Jox and identified that Harsin communicated to him in their conversation that he was very  frustrated that the BOT and president did not give him a heads up as to the accusations before leaving town. 

And isn’t he out of the country ? It’s not like he is at destin or South Alabama 

16 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

According to Hoke, they asked him to come back from his vacay early, Harsin refused

If true that would be odd to not come back.  I am a proponent of leaving work behind on vacation but for example, I get a call from the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) stating they are investigating me I would come back immediately to figure out what is going on.

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
Just now, GreenTiger said:

A guilty man rushes to his own defense to cover up his actions. A man with nothing to hide has no need

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

Maybe. I mean maybe he said, "I'll come back when you have evidence of something or do you have any evidence besides Bobo talking crap after I fired him? " I think we'll know on Wednesday if they don't have anything.

Also someone pointec out that Bruce refused to talk or meet concerning the Person issues. It almost got him fired I think. Lol

Edited by Randman5000

Just now, murpjf88 said:

Or maybe they want to hear Harsin's side of the story before they fire him.

Why would they want to hear his side of the story if they know they are going to fire him? That makes no sense whatsoever.