Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

4 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

Harsin is out of the country on a previously scheduled vacation and slated to return Wednesday. SEC head coaches are slated to meet in person in Birmingham, Alabama, on Thursday, which would potentially be Harsin's first formal public appearance upon return from his vacation.

I just saw this article on ESPN as well. I thought he was supposed to return today?

I know the spring meetings for SEC coaches are far less attended by media members than SEC Media Days, but there are still a number of reporters around for one-on-ones, etc. I can't imagine this situation isn't resolved by Thursday with that in mind. Seems like it provides a fairly hard backstop to the timeline...

8 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Dudes going to get fired on his day off. Hopefully not for stealing boxes.

You trying to build a clubhouse ?????

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If it did and he went to Mexico, f him. 

Well, he might have been in the dark about it. Who knows. I just doubt it all sprung to the life it has this quickly.

13 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

I don’t think we look bad in this. Harsin looks bad. Auburn is asking questions about why people are leaving in droves, including coordinators. All Harsin is doing is saying he’s on vacation and calling Thamel to bitch about us. We kinda look proactive in handling a situation that could get a lot worse if left alone. 

Gotta take the O&B glasses of my guy. Harsin looks bad because now the entire country knows he's a jerk and because his character/family are being attacked. Plus potential other evidence we don't know. But if you don't think we also look bad with our history of similar issues you're fooling yourself. We are getting ripped everywhere, and rightly so

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, wcware said:

What you got on my 40 homie!

Ezell- SMOkY !!!! Buy me a 40 it’s my birthday

smoke- today is your birthday??

ezell- I don’t know what’s today ???

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Taco said:

I’m being lazy here, but anybody see Derek Mason’s new contract?

I did. Ridiculous. Harsin sucks so bad, Mason would forego 400k a year to not have to coach under him.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

it was a 2 year, 3mm deal.  His 2022 salary was actually 1.7mm.  He made 1.3 in 2021....  So he took a $600,000 pay cut to leave Auburn and our Hero Bryan Harsin

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, au302 said:

Gotta take the O&B glasses of my guy. Harsin looks bad because now the entire country knows he's a jerk and because his character/family are being attacked. Plus potential other evidence we don't know. But if you don't think we also look bad with our history of similar issues you're fooling yourself. We are getting ripped everywhere, and rightly so

Maybe it’s just because I’m not watching Finebaum or similar, but I don’t think it’s that important. The only headline is that we’re looking into Harsin. I don’t think most have an opinion unless they’re already predisposed to dislike Auburn (Bama, UGA fans etc). 

Just now, zeroforwinger said:

Maybe it’s just because I’m not watching Finebaum or similar, but I don’t think it’s that important. The only headline is that we’re looking into Harsin. I don’t think most have an opinion unless they’re already predisposed to dislike Auburn (Bama, UGA fans etc). 

Look. If people really think the perception of Auburn football has been A+ for years, THEY need to take off their orange and blue blinders. 

This is just another year for us. 

I am speaking for myself but if I left for vacation and had a multi-million-dollar contract and h--- broke loose after I left I would be on a plane headed back immediately if I wanted to keep my job. But he isn't coming back until Wed. lol.. he is just waiting on the buyout. 

Edited by auburnfaithful72
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Didba said:

There just isn't anything there. The phone call would go "hey should I walk this statement back?" "no, you didn't say anything that would be actionable".  Defamation against a public figure is one of the hardest suits to prove as a plaintiff. Requires proving actual malice which is basically impossible.  No lawyer told him to walk back his statement is what I am getting at.

Im sure your legal advice would be valuable to those who need it at this critical time.

• Haha 1

A coach gets 3 years. Unwritten rule. No doubt there’s  some concerning program trends and quirky behavior. But we sought him out, vetted,  and chose to hire him.   It wasn’t a Tinder date.

Chronically wasting this kind of money with a PTB mulligan-mentality  (with a public university - we’re not the Cowboys ) warrants some soul searching. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

A coach gets 3 years. Unwritten rule. No doubt there’s  some concerning program trends and quirky behavior. But we sought him out, vetted,  and chose to hire him.   It wasn’t a Tinder date.

Chronically wasting this kind of money with a PTB mulligan-mentality  (with a public university - we’re not the Cowboys ) warrants some soul searching. 

There HAS to be something we don't know about.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

Harsin is out of the country on a previously scheduled vacation and slated to return Wednesday. SEC head coaches are slated to meet in person in Birmingham, Alabama, on Thursday, which would potentially be Harsin's first formal public appearance upon return from his vacation.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, zeroforwinger said:

I don’t think we look bad in this. Harsin looks bad. Auburn is asking questions about why people are leaving in droves, including coordinators. All Harsin is doing is saying he’s on vacation and calling Thamel to bitch about us. We kinda look proactive in handling a situation that could get a lot worse if left alone. 

We look anything but proactive.

• Like 1