Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

3 minutes ago, Kentucky Tiger said:

I was just thinking Tubs was probably my favorite recent coach even if Bama was real beatable at the time. he was a mostly pretty upbeat guy

Some coaches are favorites for more years than others but in the end most, not all, typically lose popularity. Tubs did too for many. To quote Tom Cruise's Cocktail character, "everything ends badly or else it wouldn't end". We have a knack for football ending badly it seems. 

Only Auburn can turn a guy who has failed and set us back even further than we would have been had we just paused football for a year into some kind of hero. Jesus. 

I’m just trying to keep in the back of my mind that if they can him for whatever reason, chances are we will find someone who is at least as successful. Maybe the next coach won’t lose 3 coordinators and 20 players to the portal. Maybe even one day we will be able to have a few Oline recruits sign with us in one class.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

One of the leading stories on ESPN website now. Hopefully this doesn’t drag out too much longer 

If it's really an investigation that became public, I'd rather it be done right vs fast.

Edited by selias
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Only Auburn can turn a guy who has failed and set us back even further than we would have been had we just paused football for a year into some kind of hero. Jesus. 

I’m just trying to keep in the back of my mind that if they can him for whatever reason, chances are we will find someone who is at least as successful. Maybe the next coach won’t lose 3 coordinators and 20 players to the portal. Maybe even one day we will be able to have a few Oline recruits sign with us in one class.

Inject this into my veins 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, selias said:

If it's really an investigation that became public, I'd rather it be done right rather than fast.

Laughable if you think anything has been right from the start. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

One of the leading stories on ESPN website now. Hopefully this doesn’t drag out too much longer 

Do you think that they thought he would go quietly. I’m afraid they might have grossly underestimated him and what he might be willing to do and say.

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

Laughable if you think anything has been right from the start. 

For all I know, this has been something that's been in a slow burn and got outed by a media guy looking to get hits, a PTB looking to make headlines, or someone in the Harsin camp looking to have it play out in the public. I legit don't know but, like I said, if it's a real investigation that's only recently become public I'd rather it be done right vs fast

• Like 1

Just now, wcware said:

Do you think that they thought he would go quietly. I’m afraid they might have grossly underestimated him and what he might be willing to do and say.

I honestly I have no idea what they are thinking tbh and I think that is how everyone mostly feels

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Never underestimate the power and influence of Twitter.  🤦 

2 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Never underestimate the power and influence of Twitter.  🤦 

That’s the real crime here! Wtf has Bryan Harsin done to earn any kind of Auburn love?!

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

• TitanTiger changed the title to Harsin Drama Megathread
4 minutes ago, selias said:

For all I know, this has been something that's been in a slow burn and got outed by a media guy looking to get hits, a PTB looking to make headlines, or someone in the Harsin camp looking to have it play out in the public. I legit don't know but, like I said, if it's a real investigation that's only recently become public I'd rather it be done right vs fast

I have a feeling this all started a few weeks before we caught wind of it myself.

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don’t think we look bad in this. Harsin looks bad. Auburn is asking questions about why people are leaving in droves, including coordinators. All Harsin is doing is saying he’s on vacation and calling Thamel to bitch about us. We kinda look proactive in handling a situation that could get a lot worse if left alone. 

• Like 2

Just now, zeroforwinger said:

I don’t think we look bad in this. Harsin looks bad. Auburn is asking questions about why people are leaving in droves, including coordinators. All Harsin is doing is saying he’s on vacation and calling Thamel to bitch about us. We kinda look proactive in handling a situation that could get a lot worse if left alone. 

Yeah keep thinking that

• Haha 1

Harsin is out of the country on a previously scheduled vacation and slated to return Wednesday. SEC head coaches are slated to meet in person in Birmingham, Alabama, on Thursday, which would potentially be Harsin's first formal public appearance upon return from his vacation.

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I have a feeling this all started a few weeks before we caught wind of it myself.

If it did and he went to Mexico, f him. 

Just now, auburnfaithful72 said:

Harsin is out of the country on a previously scheduled vacation and slated to return Wednesday. SEC head coaches are slated to meet in person in Birmingham, Alabama, on Thursday, which would potentially be Harsin's first formal public appearance upon return from his vacation.

Dudes going to get fired on his day off. Hopefully not for stealing boxes.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I would imagine it started as soon as Mason looked for another job. Davis not even showing up only exacerbated it. And the guy wonders why he can’t get an OC contract numbers. He probably knew why all along. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rockfordpi said:

It has not for UT, and apparently many fanatics and boosters will not be happy until they get us on the UT plan. But, wait, the next hire is going to be a blockbuster, the next Saban, and all this will end.

Wait, the AD fell short, he was weak and incompetent because he could not get the big name coach the fanatics just knew was itching to jump into this dumpster fire (ignore for the moment all the lesser coaches that said no to AU) and the AD should have hired him. Now we have to fire the AD because he failed to deliver.

So, now we have to go to the boosters to raise money to buyout ANOTHER 20 million contract. Now, the boosters, getting tired of having to shell out millions to replace coaches, shamelessly want some input into who the new coach will be. Can you imagine the GAUL of that? Just because they are constantly asked to contribute millions to buy out bad coaches, they think they should have some say as to who the next coach will be. Don't they know they are supposed to sit down, shut up, and write the checks and let the fans, the AD, and other experts hire and fire coaches.

Now, take a trip back to the good old days when the head coach (namely Pat Dye) was hired by  and reported not to the president, but directly to the BOT. 

Not sure how we come out worse, letting the Boosters hire the coach or the AD. At this point, I think our best shot would just be to throw a dart (well, I mean other than letting the fanatics on the boards hire and fire coaches based on a poll in the forum)

PLEASEEEEE don’t let any one on this forum have ANY say in who our next coach will be!!!!!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

That’s the real crime here! Wtf has Bryan Harsin done to earn any kind of Auburn love?!

Idk, but whoever the next guy is is gonna have one hell of a deep hole to dig us out of if Mr. Personality is here for 2 - 3 more years.

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Dudes going to get fired on his day off. Hopefully not for stealing boxes.

He was going to build a clubhouse 

• Haha 1