Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

This won't be popular but even if we dislike a lot of things the PTB do, but its looking like they were right to not want Harsin to begin with. They weren't right in wanting Steele instead IMO, but I think they got it right by trying to tell AG that Harsin wouldn't work out here. 

Just now, AUTUmike said:

When can we start tracking planes?

Pigeons. They will be using pigeons instead of planes. Secret messages tied up like little scrolls sealed with wax and the AU logo will spread across the country to all coaches announcing this once in a lifetime opportunity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JerryAU said:

As fans & alum it'll be bless our hearts because the very people that instigated this mess we're seeing right now will be the same people that will hire the next guy.

Well it obviously won’t work if they aren’t allowed to make the hire. See current situation for proof.

5 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Naturally, but if the evidence that comes out is he said/she said and not actual evidence then everyone will know what the actual case is

The real measure of this is going to be if we fire him for cause or not, if he sues (he probably will either way), and what happens in that lawsuit. 

2 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Naturally, but if the evidence that comes out is he said/she said and not actual evidence then everyone will know what the actual case is…the PTB wanted their power back and they can have it without people like me. It’ll be a sad day for me to admit a lifelong relationship of being a hardcore fan of what was once a great university comes to an end. But it will be necessary. I can’t represent one thing in my daily life and on weekends represent something else. The AU family used to mean something worth standing for. It’s rapidly crumbling (well in public anyways, it crumbled years ago in other ways)

Maybe you should seek another university because I think AU is going to be AU. I am going to support them come hell or high water. And I think we spend way to much time critiquing the donors. There are a lot of things you don’t know at this point and may never know but rest assured they aren’t just firing a coach for a 6-7 record his first year. Plenty of other things beyond those made public that are going on. Probably would all make sense then but at the same time totally destroy AU’s reputation. So do you think we should blow up the University’s reputation just so the folks on a poster board can see what actually happened? I think not. We have an old saying that we just don’t wash family laundry in public. Has worked well over the years. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Maybe you should seek another university because I think AU is going to be AU. I am going to support them come hell or high water. And I think we spend way to much time critiquing the donors. There are a lot of things you don’t know at this point and may never know but rest assured they aren’t just firing a coach for a 6-7 record his first year. Plenty of other things beyond those made public that are going on. Probably would all make sense then but at the same time totally destroy AU’s reputation. So do you think we should blow up the University’s reputation just so the folks on a poster board can see what actually happened? I think not. We have an old saying that we just don’t wash family laundry in public. Has worked well over the years. 

Every bit of this will be on Finebaum blasting nationwide in a couple of weeks. Everyone will know what really happened.

6 minutes ago, wcware said:

Pigeons. They will be using pigeons instead of planes. Secret messages tied up like little scrolls sealed with wax and the AU logo will spread across the country to all coaches announcing this once in a lifetime opportunity.

Do the pigeons have the purple pills that we are supposed to wait on?

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

And I think we spend way to much time critiquing the donors.

AGREE. Its easy to make them this shady bad guy lurking in the background all the time. Auburn is plenty good at shooting itself in the foot without the donors' help. Not that I think they are saints in this situation or anything, but I would rather have passionate donors than not... just need the right coach to get them everyone singing the same tune. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, wcware said:

Every bit of this will be on Finebaum blasting nationwide in a couple of weeks. Everyone will know what really happened.

No they won’t know it all. They will know finebooners opinion but that all. 

• Like 1

It will be obvious what happened if CBH gets fired with all buy out in hand. At least to logical thinking people.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

It has already started

We're deploying the air brigade!

200.gif

• Haha 5

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

No they won’t know it all. They will know finebooners opinion but that all. 

The truth is what the media makes it. You should know that by now. It doesn’t matter what really happened. Public perception will be the biggest blow from all of this. 

1 minute ago, LaphroaigWDE said:

AGREE. Its easy to make them this shady bad guy lurking in the background all the time. Auburn is plenty good at shooting itself in the foot without the donors' help. Not that I think they are saints in this situation or anything, but I would rather have passionate donors than not... just need the right coach to get them everyone singing the same tune. 

the only thing that has gotten them singing the same tune is wins, wins, wins.  

6 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Do the pigeons have the purple pills that we are supposed to wait on?

I have had some weird fascination with pigeons today. Like 5 of my post have mentioned pigeons and I honestly don’t think I have ever messaged that word before. Must be the pill.

Guest MustardSeed
9 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Sadly, if it is how you claim then you’ve just admitted AU isn’t worth supporting. I support the players and students, but if letting the cat out of the bag would blow up the entire university then Harsin isn’t the real issue but a useful pawn in a power grab, further cementing the requiring of either being double minded to support such a place or being morally bankrupt yourself and not caring. It’s everyone’s choice to make. I’ve already made mine. I’m just waiting on evidence to see which way I have to go.  I suppose I’m already a step out the door 🥺

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

DAG do you know anything? You were all over the DL hire , but this deal crickets .. unbelievable 

lol . Just a jab 

All I know is I keep getting PMs wanting to silence your boy. "There are things out there, you just need to wait." They trying to make me disappear like Hoffa lol.

• Haha 3

Just now, DAG said:

All I know is I keep getting PMs wanting to silence your boy. "There are things out there, you just need to wait." They trying to make me disappear like Hoffa lol.

Iced out. Blackballed

• Haha 1

Just now, wcware said:

Iced out. Blackballed

They want me to accept that buy out they proposing

giphy.gif

Move along you filthy potatoes. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Dag... Hearing Harsin was asked to take a reducU? buyout, but refused. That's why it hasn't been announced.. Au trying to dig up more dirt...both sides waiting to see who blinks first... What say u?

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

They want me to accept that buy out they proposing

giphy.gif

Move along you filthy potatoes. 

Potatoes….. pun intended or not? 😂 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Dag... Hearing Harsin was asked to take a reducU? buyout, but refused. That's why it hasn't been announced.. Au trying to dig up more dirt...both sides waiting to see who blinks first... What say u?

My say is they will fire him without cause and we will be asking ourselves, why couldn't we just had done this 24 hours ago.

• Like 1