Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, wcware said:

Potatoes….. pun intended or not? 😂 

Pun all the way. But yes people keep asking questions. Posters who come in here and say not to ask questions are RED FLAGS.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AU-24 said:

It has nothing to do with intelligence but a lot to do with common sense. Acting AU president separating fact from fiction using a retired Army intelligence lieutenant general and athletic director Alan Greene to do the so-called investigating. There are also high-ranking Auburn attorneys involved. They are not doing this because the BOT made something up and ordered them to make it real! That is just nonsensical.

It amazes me how many people just skip over the fact that Gogue approved Harsin being hired by AG last year over the objections of several very important boosters.  He isn't going to just have a 180 without cause to do so.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Pun all the way. But yes people keep asking questions. Posters who come in here and say not to ask questions are RED FLAGS.

🚩 Just like a chick who holds her phone really high when she takes a selfie. Don’t fall for it!

5 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

It amazes me how many people just skip over the fact that Gogue approved Harsin being hired by AG last year over the objections of several very important boosters.  He isn't going to just have a 180 without cause to do so.

And Bo Jackson gave his stamp of approval, right?

Edited by Auburn Tiger

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

My say is they will fire him without cause and we will be asking ourselves, why couldn't we just had done this 24 hours ago.

Firing the HC without cause when he's been on the job 13 months will have the next staff lining up to sign on with Auburn.  😒

1 minute ago, JerryAU said:

Firing the HC without cause when he's been on the job 13 months will have the next staff lining up to sign on with Auburn.  😒

Dude, I’m over it. Just fire him and let’s get excited about the next coaching search. If it burns to the ground, it will do so with me watching 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Then they get mad when you come back and say hey remember when you said.........😂

36 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

“All losing fan bases are the same. Insufferable to each other.
All winning fan bases are the same. Insufferable to everyone else”

Post of the year.

• Like 1

The damage is done.  This is Tubs all over again.  Auburn would have to offer an extension to battle some of the negative recruiting that this will cause if he is retained.  

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Then they get mad when you come back and say hey remember when you said.........😂

It’s always a spin bro. That’s what is going to happen . It low key does make me lose something for these folks. I have no problem eating crow when I am wrong but let you point out a message that just seem like a complete 180…it’s okay , everyone gets fed bad information 

• Like 1

Many keep saying they wouldn't do this without cause, does that mean their cause or an actual legal cause  because anyone that has been an Auburn fan for a hot minute knows there could be a distinction.  I don't think the masses are going to be okay with trust us, we know what we are doing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aucom96 said:

That article assumes a lot and gets a lot wrong. 

Malzahn was here for nearly a decade and was bought out. Recruiting was going downhill and the program was stagnant. 

Chizik was let go because the program was a chaotic mess with criminal results and a record bad year. 

Bowden quit. His team was quitting on him and the program was on a downward trajectory. 

The facts on Harsin aren't out yet. If it does turn out that this is a smear campaign to bargain down a buyout, I hope Harsin fights it right out into the open. But I don't know that's the case. Putting aside the recent drama, Harsin was on a bad trajectory. Coordinators, coaches and players don't run out the door like they have because they're afraid of hard work. Recruiting and selling your program is part of a seven figure salary, and Harsin wasn't doing much of either. With what we have to work with and the direction recruiting appears to be going, we're going to still be struggling to get our heads above water in year three...which doesn't bode well for a coach who has pretty much distanced himself from the school he works for. 

None of the above means he shouldn't get the chance to turn things around, but we'll see how this plays out. If this is more jetgate shenanigans, Harsin seems like the kind of guy more than willing to fight it. But I'm not going to act like this is "the Auburn way". That's just BS. 

It is indeed the Auburn Way, going back to Tuberville. 

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

It’s always a spin bro. That’s what is going to happen . It low key does make me lose something for these folks. I have no problem eating crow when I am wrong but let you point out a message that just seem like a complete 180…it’s okay , everyone gets fed bad information 

To me that's what make it fun. Making bold predictions and stuff like that and then going back and seeing hey I was on top of this or OMG what the hell was I thinking.

Now it's go at the guy for having the nerve to say what we didn't and if he was right it's go at him for pointing out we were wrong.

If people would be honest it's really like a high school on here. It's not about who's accurate and who knows what they are talking about, it's who said it. Did they have an insider stamp? 

Edited by cole256
  • Like 2

This is why we can't have anything nice. What's the bill gonna be for the next few years for coaches no longer at Auburn?

Now add to that an almost entirely new staff.   

Does the cycle never end?

Things we know.

• Some players complained about him; others love him. Lots of players left.
  • Mason left and Davis did whatever he did. Lots of other coaching transition.
  • 6-7 but momentum in recruiting until there wasn’t.

Things we don’t know.

• Everything else. 

Let’s not run off assuming things on the basis of rumors.

Let me insert something here that I think most people miss. Once a coach has been hired all the players( Auburn folks) are expected to voice a resounding vote for the new coach in public even if they think it was a rotten hire in reality. Therefore when you saw folks voice approval for Harsin that didn’t mean they were in favor it just meant they were fulfilling their obligations. To the program. I think there were a lot that questioned it, but other options fell thru and folks got worried that it would make AU look bad so they went with something they weren’t in favor of. Then when the season went south ( and a lot of that was on Harsin and his coaching hire mistakes, then that gave the naysayers room to say “ I told you so.” Then Harsin made his most critical mistake and that was his reply to the media. He most likely was told in cases like this to just reply “ no comment”. Say what you want but AU has a billion dollar reputation that it needs to keep not only for sports but for the students as well. The old saying is don’t pour more gas on a house fire. And that’s exactly what Harsin. Did in his reply. It is what it is. 

15 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Dag... Hearing Harsin was asked to take a reducU? buyout, but refused. That's why it hasn't been announced.. Au trying to dig up more dirt...both sides waiting to see who blinks first... What say u?

I have a really hard time buying that. Lets see, you can fire me now and I get the full buyout and walk away with my reputation somewhat intact with AU looking really bad.  OR I can work for another year in this impossible hell hole you have created where I can't recruit good players or coaches, further damaging my reputation, and then you can fire me later and pay me a lot less. 

(note deduced buyout = termination WITHOUT cause, if they are terminating for cause, buyout is irrelevant).

Almost everyone on this site would be way too smart to take that deal, and I am pretty sure either CBH, his attorney, and/or Jimmy Sexton (or whomever CBH's agent is) would be smarter than that as well.

That same nonsense was floated about CGM the year before he left in an effort to undermine him.

Now, maybe the PTB are trying to negotiate a settlement for him to leave in exchange for both sides going quietly, but that is not a buyout, that is a settlement.  Settlement is now, buyout is future.

5 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Sorry pal.  Skinny jeans for woman are over.  The new hot s*** is high waisted loose fitting mom jeans

If I see a girl in skinny jeans I'm immediately saying NEXT!

• Thanks 1

There are a lot of opinions of support and of move on Harsin....Harsin will be fine if he moves on...he will get paid one way or another.  The part that really sucks to me are the impacts of the coaches that have signed on and left other gigs, moved their families....promised money that they were not making before and now will be out.  Not only out but will be hard pressed to land a gig like this......All because of bad decisions on both sides.

14 minutes ago, aublue88 said:

Many keep saying they wouldn't do this without cause, does that mean their cause or an actual legal cause  because anyone that has been an Auburn fan for a hot minute knows there could be a distinction.  I don't think the masses are going to be okay with trust us, we know what we are doing.

Legal cause. I have read the K. Its airtight. 

8 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

It is indeed the Auburn Way, going back to Tuberville. 

Where did anyone invent dirt and smear Malzahn or Chizik out of town? They were bought out of their contracts. That happens at every major program and usually follows the circumstances that prompted the buyouts. Bowden? Maybe. His program was pretty much a disaster before all the booster's daughter innuendo started floating around and he outright quit mid-season. Not the same thing. 

Alabama went through this prior to Saban. Tennessee has been going through it for years. Georgia had a vocal contingent that had wanted Richt gone for some time, from what I understand. McElwain and Mullins were both run out of Florida in a hurry. It's not the Auburn way, it's college football. 

• Like 2