Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

K let’s put this out there we went thru a few basketball coaches before we got Pearl. And now we got a great one and locked him in. We just need to do the same with football. The thing about Pearl was he showed he could win on this level before he got here.Once here he went all in and won the players, students, teachers, fans and boosters. And that help him win because he had everyone bought in and He made things happen. There is a football coach out there that is right for us we just have to find them and quit settling for a seat holder. We got a good Baseball coach and now it looks like a good woman’s volleyball coach so AU is looking up. Harsin has his chance. He didn’t have to win big but he did have to show improvement and as I said there was no improvement anywhere. 

2 minutes ago, McFU said:

I swear this all feels like the TV series Friday Night lights except in place of Coach Taylor vs. Buddy Garrity we have Coach Harsin vs. TPB.

Is there a possibility if Harsin survives that there would be "New" booster money who could come in to try and get rid of the good 'ol boys or does that Yella Fella have too strong of a hold?

Surely there are other people in the area with large sums of money willing to support the school and let the coach be the coach.

Gone

1 hour ago, wcware said:

I have had some weird fascination with pigeons today. Like 5 of my post have mentioned pigeons and I honestly don’t think I have ever messaged that word before. Must be the pill.

Well, do to all the buy outs we had to sell the eagles and replace them with pigeons . Dang it’s tough to be an Auburn Tiger sometimes . 😂

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, DAG said:

It’s always a spin bro. That’s what is going to happen . It low key does make me lose something for these folks. I have no problem eating crow when I am wrong but let you point out a message that just seem like a complete 180…it’s okay , everyone gets fed bad information 

If you are referring to me and my question to u earlier , u couldn't be more wrong. I have read some of your posts and seemed like u had a good handle on things and just wanted your take. It wasnt

a " gotcha" move on my part by any means

Edited by NWALA Tiger

5 minutes ago, McFU said:

I swear this all feels like the TV series Friday Night lights except in place of Coach Taylor vs. Buddy Garrity we have Coach Harsin vs. TPB.

Is there a possibility if Harsin survives that there would be "New" booster money who could come in to try and get rid of the good 'ol boys or does that Yella Fella have too strong of a hold?

Surely there are other people in the area with large sums of money willing to support the school and let the coach be the coach.

Buddy was Coach Taylors boy though. The Dillion Panthers had their own ptb that cast out Buddy, for being too loyal to Eric. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Auburn Tiger said:

And Bo Jackson gave his stamp of approval, right?

I don't know that Bo was consulted.  I wouldn't assume that he was.  He was on the hiring committee that chose Gus, but there was no committee when Harsin was hired.  Allen Greene made that recommendation to the President without input I believe.

I’m not a big fan of Harsin. But I’m less of a fan of how this thing is going. It’s very ugly. We are getting dragged and we deserve it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wcware said:

I never listen to Finebaum but we are the laughing stock of the entire CFB world today. They are destroying us. It’s sad.

I've seen this all before.  When the story gets old, people forget and move on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wcware said:

I never listen to Finebaum but we are the laughing stock of the entire CFB world today. They are destroying us. It’s sad.

The media has been destroying us since John Heisman. 

• Dislike 1

People act like other SEC teams haven’t been doing dumb sh*t. Like Bama went through 47 coaches in a 2 year span before they found Saban.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, wcware said:

I agree that it's not a good look, but I find it really strange that the best Finebaum can do is to feature Brand Marcello, a former Auburn beat writer that's been disconnected from the program for a while.  

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

I've seen this all before.  When the story gets old, people forget and move on.

I completely agree, but it will do damage for a time. Let’s see who we can hire.

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Dag... Hearing Harsin was asked to take a reducU? buyout, but refused. That's why it hasn't been announced.. Au trying to dig up more dirt...both sides waiting to see who blinks first... What say u?

Said last night don't underestimate the balls and ego of Bryan Harsin. He is the type who will fight the PTB's like Sunny Galloway. They DO NOT want this to play out in court, so he has more leverage than people think. And tbh, if he truly is innocent, good for him for not settling. Make them fire you or back off

38 minutes ago, e808 said:

Welp @DAGsounds like Freeze maybe gaining some traction. I know finebaum is trash but there have been some references about Freeze

Yes ! Yes! Yes!

10 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I don't know that Bo was consulted.  I wouldn't assume that he was.  He was on the hiring committee that chose Gus, but there was no committee when Harsin was hired.  Allen Greene made that recommendation to the President without input I believe.

Bo was on the committee…. I do t think he had any real say

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Has any university ever fired a coach, without cause or something bizarre - just performance, in 1 year? 2 years?

Willie Taggart, right? 

5 minutes ago, au302 said:

Said last night don't underestimate the balls and ego of Bryan Harsin. He is the type who will fight the PTB's like Sunny Galloway. They DO NOT want this to play out in court, so he has more leverage than people think. And tbh, if he truly is innocent, good for him for not settling. Make them fire you or back off

Yep...he reminds me of that scorned ex....that got dumped the morning of Thanksgiving...and while on the way out takes it upon him or herself to air out every single piece of dirty laundry in the family. No holds barred. No immunity. Even baby Jasper is not safe.

11 minutes ago, gctiger said:

I agree that it's not a good look, but I find it really strange that the best Finebaum can do is to feature Brand Marcello, a former Auburn beat writer that's been disconnected from the program for a while.  

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yep...he reminds me of that scorned ex....that got dumped the morning of Thanksgiving...and while on the way out takes it upon him or herself to air out every single piece of dirty laundry in the family. No holds barred. No immunity. Even baby Jasper is not safe.

Zep…. WTH did my man crush Zep do. Bama would have never scored in the iron bowl if Zep was on defense 

48 minutes ago, LaphroaigWDE said:

If you are a top program in CFB, you are losing coaches either to the NFL (which doesn't happen often) or firing them. Very rarely do they make it to retirement. A place like Auburn isnt at that level where they are losing guys to other jobs, so the only other outcome is that they are fired. Tubs and Malzahn were both here for decently long stints and both had some great years. 

I was just thinking Tubs was probably my favorite recent coach even if Bama was real beatable at the time. he was a mostly pretty upbeat guy

11 minutes ago, struttinduck01 said:

The media has been destroying us since John Heisman. 

Yep, we just toil along minding our own business, doing everything right and according the AU creed, and the evil media just destroys us because we are good and they are evil. They fabricate, invent, and make up all this stuff and there is nothing we can do about it. 

As my signature line as said for the last 15 or so years, "We have met the enemy and he is US".

26 minutes ago, McFU said:

What about Tim Cook. He's got more money than God. I wonder where he stands

• Like 1
  • Haha 1