Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

18 minutes ago, JTFazz said:

This is devolving into a less than sophisticated display of playground hair-pulling.

It always does.

• Like 1

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

We don't often agree but he walks away with full buy out in hand, this will be the perception. It won't just be Auburn. It would be the SEC arms race to the rest of the college world.

• Like 3

Honest question-Can someone explain to me why, with what our BOT has demonstrated in the recent past, anyone worth his salt would accept a job at this school?  Besides someone who literally says, "Based on what I've seen, I can at least get a paycheck and a great buyout," what serious coach would come here?

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, War to the Eagle said:

Honest question-Can someone explain to me why, with what our BOT has demonstrated in the recent past, anyone worth his salt would accept a job at this school?  Besides someone who literally says, "Based on what I've seen, I can at least get a paycheck and a great buyout," what serious coach would come here?

What if he is fired with cause?  A football coach is still a job.  You have to hit metrics and provide value.  There are plenty of people who will try their hand at coaching a kids sport for 5 MM per year.  They too will need to actually hit metrics to stay employed 

1 minute ago, War to the Eagle said:

Good question. I was asked by a close Auburn friend if it was OK for him to nominate me for a position on the BOT. Without hesitation I said NO. Lots of reasons why.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Question on this list.. Do we go after any of these listed b4 we hired Harsin? If so, how could we get them now if we couldn't then. Especially Stoops,  Fickle, Freeze

No

21 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

If they wait until Thursday, who are we sending to the SEC coaches meeting....

If you guys can Venmo me a few bucks for gas money and a rack of ribs I'll cover it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, War to the Eagle said:

Short answer is we are still a top 15 job, with a 100 million dollar football facility on the way, and the resources to win championships. And yeah, we pay well. Auburn will be able to articulate the reasons why Malzahn and Harsin were fired. There are legitimate reasons that most coaches will understand. That doesn’t mean Auburn is everyone’s cup of tea, but let’s not overstate what’s happened. Auburn isn’t all the sudden a pariah. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Short answer is we are still a top 15 job, with a 100 million dollar football facility on the way, and the resources to win championships. And yeah, we pay well. Auburn will be able to articulate the reasons why Malzahn and Harsin were fired. There are legitimate reasons that most coaches will understand. That doesn’t mean Auburn is everyone’s cup of tea, but let’s not overstate what’s happened. Auburn isn’t all the sudden a pariah. 

We are not a top-15 job.  We are absolutely not a top-15 job.  The things you mentioned-facilities, resources-they make this a top-10 job.  The other STUFF-the PTB issues that handcuff every coach's ability to be successful dating back to Bowden, make this a top-30 job at best.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 3

52 minutes ago, DAG said:

That makes the most sense and what are valuable insider @W.E.D has somewhat alluded to

Ha.  That was a joke to @bigbirdbut I'll take it!

32 minutes ago, gctiger said:

My apologies!  I'm a bit aggravated with  a few members that seem to constantly attack me and ask for proof of the content that I post when most of the time it's only an opinion and therefore needs no proof...

No worries. I am not attacking anyone. It has just been stated about the recuiting as if it was fact before you joined in  and I was just questioning that statement. It's all good.

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

We don't often agree but he walks away with full buy out in hand, this will be the perception. It won't just be Auburn. It would be the SEC arms race to the rest of the college world..

“Its not you Tom Herman, its Texas”

”Its not you Dan Mullen, its Florida”

“Its not you Ed Orgeron, its LSU”

Its amazing how Auburn apparently has this perception yet other schools like Florida, LSU, Texas….all who have gone through hirings and firings like Auburn….do not.  🙄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Isn’t it downright ironic that pretty much everyone agrees that this is what gets recruits to sign this year but still blames Harsin for the signing day when it’s become extremely clear the ones with the money weren’t going to buy him any players….  How do you fire a guy for not recruiting well because you refuse to do your part thus causing him not to recruit well….  Seems an extremely intentional self fulfilling prophecy and even more reason to believe the PTB are intentionally screwing him over.  There’s too many signs to think otherwise at this point

This is so false I can’t decide if you’re trolling me or just so far up Harsin’s bandwagon you won’t look otherwise. 

He’s against NIL. He won’t use NIL during recruiting as a pitch (i.e: “hey this is what companies are hiring some of our players”), and actively discourages it among our players. We have the NIL money. We have given our football players NIL money. I’d go out on a limb and say we probably have the highest ranked “free” recruiting class this year. 

Wanna know why M’ba ended up choosing us over Missou? Missou couldn’t get the special talent visa for M’ba they thought they could get for him to get him paid. So he ended up coming to Auburn since he can’t get paid due to his student visa. 

Now before you make any dumb counterpoints “well how do you know.” It’s because I effing do and it’s becoming common knowledge anyways. The more I learned about Harsin’s shortcomings on the recruiting trail the more I’m on the boat of believing this guy in 3 years will be at the same place we are now if not worse. He’s not built for the SEC, he’s not built for a program with donors that are pumping in money for championship results. Can he adjust and mend some relationships on the recruiting trail? Maybe. But he’s stubborn as a mule so that’s very doubtful. 

Edited by Taco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

We are not a top-15 job.  We are absolutely not a top-15 job.  The things you mentioned-facilities, resources, fanbase, campus, tradition-they make this a top-10 job.  The other STUFF-the PTB issues that handcuff every coach's ability to be successful dating back to Bowden-make this a top-30 job at best.

Apologies-this was intended to be an edit.

Edited by War to the Eagle

Just now, AEAugirl said:

“Its not you Tom Herman, its Texas”

”Its not you Dan Mullen, its Florida”

“Its not you Ed Orgeron, its LSU”

Its amazing how Auburn apparently has this perception yet other schools like Florida, LSU, Texas….all who have gone through hirings and firings like Auburn….do not.  🙄

Yep that is exactly what I said. Must be why I included "IT WON'T BE JUST AUBURN" but yeah that is exactly what I said.

Just now, War to the Eagle said:

We are not a top-15 job.  We are absolutely not a top-15 job.  The things you mentioned-facilities, resources-they make this a top-10 job.  The other STUFF-the PTB issues that handcuff every coach's ability to be successful dating back to Bowden, make this a top-30 job at best.

Like I said, it won't be everyone's cup of tea.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Question on this list.. Do we go after any of these listed b4 we hired Harsin? If so, how could we get them now if we couldn't then. Especially Stoops,  Fickle, Freeze

I don't believe we seriously considered any of them honestly. That is the biggest difference.  I think the fact we may fire a coach after 1 year without cause means the PTB are going to have to pull together and hire a slam dunk to keep us from sinking into oblivion. Who really knows if that happens or not. 

35 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

If they wait until Thursday, who are we sending to the SEC coaches meeting....

05.jpg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Yep that is exactly what I said. Must be why I included "IT WON'T BE JUST AUBURN" but yeah that is exactly what I said.

I was agreeing with you…sorry if you thought it was towards you 😘

I’m just tired of the dumb articles and nashing of teeth about booster interference and hiring/firing that supposedly makes Auburn some kind of bad job when every single major program has the SAME dynamic and would have and have taken the same actions in similar situations. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, AEAugirl said:

I was agreeing with you…sorry if you thought it was towards you 😘

I’m just tired of the dumb articles and nashing of teeth about booster interference and hiring/firing that supposedly makes Auburn some kind of bad job when every single major program has the SAME dynamic and would have and have taken the same actions in similar situations. 

I apologize too. I feel you on that but we have to know, this is what is about to come lol. Heck are own fanbase spreads things like this.

Some quotes from the SDS article that I think are pertinent here.  First, a former AU assistant says AU is highly dysfunctional:

“I’ve coached everywhere and have seen everything,” a former Auburn assistant coach told me. “But I’ve never seen a more dysfunctional place.”

A person inside AU's athletic department said essentially this is a coup attempt by money brokers who have wanted Harsin gone since "Day 1."

“This had been brewing,” a source within the Auburn athletic department told me. “This was Day 1.”

One of Harsin's coaching friends weighs in saying Harsin told him he was shocked by how AU had idea you can "do things the wrong way" and win:

“He was shocked by a lot of things,” one of Harsin’s close friends in the coaching fraternity told me. “He was blown away with the pervasive idea that you can be successful by doing things the wrong way. He’s not a shortcut guy and will push back hard on anyone who tries to sell that, on or off the field.”

Another power 5 coach said he doesn't buy anything he's hearing about Harsin:

“I’ve known (Harsin) for a long time. I know who he is and what he’s about,” a Power 5 coach told me. “What I’m hearing now? It’s like you’re telling me a story about a guy I’ve never known.”

For all you Harsin haters, I know you don't want the truth.  But the truth is that the PTB are ruining the football program. They have been meddling since at least the Bowden years, but this is beyond the pale.  They have resorted to character assassination and spreading rumors on social media. It's utterly shameful and I don't want any part of it.  

The rest of America sees it.  All the coaches in the industry know it.  Every media outlet is reporting the same thing. The sports world is absolutely destroying Auburn over it. But we have people here who believe there is nothing wrong and Harsin suddenly turned into a monster once he got to AU.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1