Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

42 minutes ago, gctiger said:

My apologies!  I'm a bit aggravated with  a few members that seem to constantly attack me and ask for proof of the content that I post when most of the time it's only an opinion and therefore needs no proof...

Prove it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

“Its not you Tom Herman, its Texas”

”Its not you Dan Mullen, its Florida”

“Its not you Ed Orgeron, its LSU”

Its amazing how Auburn apparently has this perception yet other schools like Florida, LSU, Texas….all who have gone through hirings and firings like Auburn….do not.  🙄

I’m sure articles were written about those schools too.   We just didn’t care.   Same with Auburn.   We see/read/hear about those articles because we care.    Everyone else will either be unaware, or chuckle, shake their head, and then forget about it in less than a week.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

We are not a top-15 job.  We are absolutely not a top-15 job.  The things you mentioned-facilities, resources-they make this a top-10 job.  The other STUFF-the PTB issues that handcuff every coach's ability to be successful dating back to Bowden, make this a top-30 job at best.

Maaaaaan, could you imagine if other people hated Auburn as much as Auburn fans do, lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, Taco said:

I’m an attorney and I think we shouldn’t be a thing half the time so 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Dang we sure have a lot of attorneys posting. Maybe that's what the problem is.............a bunch chasing possible involvement in all this money being thrown around. I'm just kidding.

• Haha 2

Guest MustardSeed
12 minutes ago, Taco said:

This is so false I can’t decide if you’re trolling me or just so far up Harsin’s bandwagon you won’t look otherwise. 

He’s against NIL. He won’t use NIL during recruiting as a pitch (i.e: “hey this is what companies are hiring some of our players”), and actively discourages it among our players. We have the NIL money. We have given our football players NIL money. I’d go out on a limb and say we probably have the highest ranked “free” recruiting class this year. 

Wanna know why M’ba ended up choosing us over Missou? Missou couldn’t get the special talent visa for M’ba they thought they could get for him to get him paid. So he ended up coming to Auburn since he can’t get paid due to his student visa. 

Now before you make any dumb counterpoints “well how do you know.” It’s because I effing do and it’s becoming common knowledge anyways. The more I learned about Harsin’s shortcomings on the recruiting trail the more I’m on the boat of believing this guy in 3 years will be at the same place we are now if not worse. He’s not built for the SEC, he’s not built for a program with donors that are pumping in money for championship results. Can he adjust and mend some relationships on the recruiting trail? Maybe. But he’s stubborn as a mule so that’s very doubtful. 

Hmm. If you “do it” then you’re aware that it’s illegal for coaches to be involved in any way in NILs, right?  Odd

44 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

If they wait until Thursday, who are we sending to the SEC coaches meeting....

What is going to be your response, if CBH waltz right in there with no change in mind? Lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Hmm. If you “do it” then you’re aware that it’s illegal for coaches to be involved in any way in NILs, right?  Odd

Oh wow I didn’t know cheating was illegal. I guess we should let everyone else know.

• Haha 1

Just now, DAG said:

This site will crash

Yeah because we would all be hitting f5 at the same damn time 🤣.

God if that happened I would hope somebody would have a recording of the meeting 🤣 would love to see all the faces in that room. 

Just now, autiger88 said:

Yeah because we would all be hitting f5 at the same damn time 🤣.

God if that happened I would hope somebody would have a recording of the meeting 🤣 would love to see all the faces in that room. 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I feel like it would be something like this as he walked in

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, DAG said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I feel like it would be something like this as he walked in

No no I think more like Good Ol Ric Flair saying whooo whooo as he walked in. 

giphy-1.gif

Edited by autiger88

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

No no I think more like Good Ol Ric Flair saying whooo whooo as he walked in. 

giphy-1.gif

He came out like that with the media frenzy. "Just got back from some sun guys" hahaha

Edited by DAG
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

He came out like that with the media frenzy. "Just got back from some sun guys" hahaha

With the blood and everything 🤣 I guarantee some coaches will be scared of him  lmao. 

10 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

You do understand the NIL provision is illegal if you DIRECTLY talk about NIL

ex: Hey if you come to Auburn we’ll get you an NIL deal with Yellawood. Illegal for two reasons: they made a direct statement saying they’ll get an NIL deal, and Yellawood can’t participate because the owner is on our BoT (state law).

ex: Yeah players on our team have deals with Joe’s BBQ, and whatever else. They’re making on average of “insert amount here.” 

Indirect and fair. Remember when Saban during SEC media days saying Bryce Young had a $1mm NIL deal before even taking a snap? Yeah. Genius recruiting. 

30 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

We are not a top-15 job.  We are absolutely not a top-15 job.  The things you mentioned-facilities, resources-they make this a top-10 job.  The other STUFF-the PTB issues that handcuff every coach's ability to be successful dating back to Bowden, make this a top-30 job at best.

Could be the worst post I've ever seen.

We're easily a top 15 job.  We have elite facilities completed in 4 months.  We have top tier resources financially.  People need to stop being scared of our boosters and money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Could be the worst post I've ever seen.

We're easily a top 15 job.  We have elite facilities completed in 4 months.  We have top tier resources financially.  People need to stop being scared of our boosters and money.

Inject this into my veins 

9 minutes ago, Didba said:

Harsin coming back to AU

walk-like-a-boss.gif

Jimmy Rane meeting him in the AD

Stone Cold Steve Austin gave Vince McMahon a stunner on WWE Raw 25 | Metro  News

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Cool what? We are having a discussion man.  There are several people discussing this topic at hand including yourself.

You are just a target since you are way out front in the number of posts in the thread. Go for it.