Press saying: "Bama 11-0 in 2005!"

DKW 86

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow...that man writes a great fictional story. And Did he just list our wide receivers and leave out Courtney Taylor?

:au:

169411[/snapback]

This guy would probably write the story of WWII and leave out Patton, Bradley, and the rest of the GOOD GUYS. :rolleyes:

Alex, you are quickly becoming a very respected part of the aunation.  Your posts are always well thought out, provacative and interesting, not to mention well-written.  Keep it coming, man!

169289[/snapback]

Known by the Company you Keep,

Thanks for the compliment and I am thoroughly glad to know that my opinions are useful to the various members on this website. As a member, my responsibility is to offer useful insight, and give everyone who is willing to read a glimpse of my opinions on Auburn football. And yes, I can be provacative at times but only when the situation requires. I expect no less from everyone else. That's the whole basis of this forum, to exchange ideas and offer insights. Let it all hang out there baby!! More importantly, this forum gives me an opportunity to understand the Auburn nation opinions on the nature of Auburn football today and other Auburn sports as well. It always helps to know where your fellow brethren stand on certain issues.

I enjoy the posts made by yourself and the other members of this forum as well. Although I don't often admit this, you guys and gals help me better understand the X's and O's of college football. What I apparently lack in rudimentary knowledge, I make up for by reading the posts offered on this site. I get an education here that I don't get through Paul Finebaum or the Sporting News.

Thanks again and I'll keep feeding ya'll more provacative posts in the future.

War Eagle!

Alex

I live in Albertville in the "Heart of Sand Mountain", and I do not subscribe to this lousy excuse for a news publication.  This guy is one of the many reasons why.

I believe Felkins will write about any junk the editors will allow. 

For example: 

Last month my wife took my 3 yr old nephew to the Albertville Rec swimming pool, and Felkins was there interviewing kids about their summer swim and taking pictures.  Wow, what an assignment!  Felkins noticed my nephew jumping off the diving board for his first time, and took a picture of my nephew.  He proceeded to to talk to my wife and nephew, then told them my nephew would be in the paper's article.

Big mistake! :P

My nephew got all excited.  Then the paper comes out...and no mention and no picture.  My wife emails Jared and rips into him :poke:   for crushing my nephew's hopes of being in the paper. 

Needless to say, the next publication had his picture and name.  :big:

Last month writing about the local swimming pool and now about UAT's 05 championship.  Next month he'll do an article on "Back to School".  What a joke!

169337[/snapback]

Are you sure he was taking pictures for a news article??? B)

Bama to go 11-0? Wow, they'd sure love that. Those UAT fans sure have gone through a lot. They deserve it.

Maybe Felkins can suit up and block for Brodie, he is going to need all the help he can get with the o-line that the bammers are going to have this year! I love it when people speculate on what if's. Most teams in country could take 5 plays out of there season and they would have had a better year, but guess what you can't, thats why they still line up and play the games,..... I wouldn't be so fat if I would quit eating Big Mac's :homer:

You guys are pretty quick to shoot down the notion of :ua: having a good season. If you recall, just a few weeks ago this very subject was debated on here with quite a few :au: people (myself included) saying pretty much the same thing this Sand Mountain reporter wrote.

I am orange and blue to the marrow of my bones, but I have to give credit where it's due. Bama has all the ingredients for a very successful season. Don't be suprised when :au: faces a 1 or 2 loss :ua: squad in this years Iron Bowl. This Iron Bowl will be the first in a loooooong time that will actually have something hanging in the balance (other than ruining the day of Bubba, the Bert's Quick Stop cashier).

No offense taken.

I can't rightly say that reporters who like stirring things up are rare, though.

169401[/snapback]

So, wanna name a paper or something?

You guys are pretty quick to shoot down the notion of :ua: having a good season. If you recall, just a few weeks ago this very subject was debated on here with quite a few :au: people (myself included) saying pretty much the same thing this Sand Mountain reporter wrote.

I am orange and blue to the marrow of my bones, but I have to give credit where it's due. Bama has all the ingredients for a very successful season. Don't be suprised when  :au: faces a 1 or 2 loss  :ua: squad in this years Iron Bowl. This Iron Bowl will be the first in a loooooong time that will actually have something hanging in the balance (other than ruining the day of Bubba, the Bert's Quick Stop cashier).

169564[/snapback]

TIS, I agree. but not 11-0 and the mistakes in the piece were just over the top.

:ua: and :au: are very similiar teams. Both will live or die on qb play. Said that all along. Strong Ds, Good WR corps, sound RBS, We have an experienced o-line and they are likely a bit tougher on D.

The BC-BC Factor may determine our seasons.

I can't say 11-0, but Bama's gonna have a damn good season this year. They have been steadily building depth. As much as I hate Bama fan's clinging to Shula, he will make them all look a tad bit smarter next year. I see Bama having the potential for a 10 win season, but more likely 9 regular season wins and a good bowl game (Cotton?).

OMK

You guys are pretty quick to shoot down the notion of :ua: having a good season.

I haven't seen anyone say Alabama doesn't have a shot of a good season.

We are talking about an 11-0 season

What ever happened to a media person being impartial and unbiased? I'm so damn sick of the Finebaums, Dunaways, Felts, Carlie's at. al of the world. Can't

we ever get equal time???? I say raise Hell until somebody at these stations notice t ey are losing audience..... :angry::au:

Just remember Shug, It is all about AU folks bein' "paranoid". B)

I am orange and blue to the marrow of my bones, but I have to give credit where it's due. Bama has all the ingredients for a very successful season. Don't be suprised when  :au: faces a 1 or 2 loss  :ua: squad in this years Iron Bowl. This Iron Bowl will be the first in a loooooong time that will actually have something hanging in the balance (other than ruining the day of Bubba, the Bert's Quick Stop cashier).

169564[/snapback]

ok, this post is the first halfway logical post i have seen on this thread (yes, including the original article). I, as an UA fan, believe that this will be a much better season. We finally have some depth at a few of the key positions we have been so desperate for depth at, mainly QB (Croyle, Johns, Wilson, Barnes), RB (Darby, Johns, Upchurch). We will have a good/great Defense this year, mainly depending on how well the secondary comes together.

I know y'all are waiting on it, so here comes the IF... If Croyle and Darby can stay healthy, i see us being 8-2 (most likely), 9-1(still a stretch here) when the Iron Bowl rolls around. I honestly think we we will beat one of the Big Three this year. This will most likely be Florida. LSU and uThug have too much talent. In order to be 9-1, we will have to beat LSU. And we will have to have one HECK of a problem free day to accomplish that. I don't see us overcoming uThug's talent. Their only concerns, and the only way they aren't in the SECCG, imo, is if their QB situation doesn't work out (seems like a common theme amongst SEC teams, don't it?) So, i'm gonna say 9-2 season's end, counting an Iron Bowl win (would you expect anything else from an UA fan?)

Oh no. We would expect nothing less. Thanks for delivering. B)

AUwho, when you listed that Alabama has a shot at winning 8-9 games because of depth, you glossed over the fact that that depth is made up of true freshmen.

You guys are pretty quick to shoot down the notion of :ua: having a good season.

I haven't seen anyone say Alabama doesn't have a shot of a good season.

We are talking about an 11-0 season

169570[/snapback]

OK...I'll say it. Alabama's NOT going to have really good season. And my reasoning is thus:

In the last two years they've beaten NO ONE...they have essentially the same team this year, that has beaten NO ONE for the last two years. What makes anyone think that things will change for the better?

They have a questionable offensive line...their all world "D" was pounded by MINNESOTA in the Bowl game last year...someone will go to school on that tape. And Brodie, who I respect for his intestinal fortitude, has done little up to now to merit the hype, EVEN if he does manage to stay upright this year.

SO there...I said it...7, maybe 8 wins. "So let it be written...so let it be done!"

:au::homer:

Bama 11-0 in '05? Come on guys, we see this every year w/ Bama, Notre Dame and a few other college teams that have broad-based, loud, mag-buying fans. The last time Bama was the thinking man's (or woman's) pre-season pick, Barry Kraus and Major Ogilvie were NFL rookies. The rematch w/ Tenn in Atlanta stuff sounds strangely like what happened...6 months ago. At least these clowns could get original. If AU has a 9-2 record and Bama doesn't beat AU, Shula's GONE.

• 10 months later...
OK...I'll say it. Alabama's NOT going to have really good season. And my reasoning is thus:

In the last two years they've beaten NO ONE...they have essentially the same team this year, that has beaten NO ONE for the last two years. What makes anyone think that things will change for the better?

They have a questionable offensive line...their all world "D" was pounded by MINNESOTA in the Bowl game last year...someone will go to school on that tape. And Brodie, who I respect for his intestinal fortitude, has done little up to now to merit the hype, EVEN if he does manage to stay upright this year.

SO there...I said it...7, maybe 8 wins. "So let it be written...so let it be done!"

:au:   :homer:

170157[/snapback]

lol

28-18 11 sacks...Any Questions?

:au:   :homer:

170157[/snapback]

lol

239224[/snapback]

GOOD GRIEF !! Was it really necessary to resurrect an entire 3-4 page thread almost a year old just for some feeble attempt at "I told you so"?

I knew Bama fans like to live in the past, but this is ridiculous! It's 2006! Try living in the present for a change! :huh:

Archived