Who do you root for?

PChamp119

Who did you root for in the Music City Bowl?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you root for in the Music City Bowl?

• Alabama
    • Minnesota
    • SEC

Guest Tigrinum Major
So in a sense, you are letting those people define who you cheer for.

169499[/snapback]

Does that mean that I can't be objective and have a decent conversation with a Bama fan? Not at all. I think my posts here and on Crimson Tusks prove that.

I know you are objective. Just making you think about it. I enjoy reading your posts on CT. I look at it from the point that both teams have fans I can't stand & I won't let them influence who I cheer for, Alabama or Auburn. I do pull for Auburn(not against Bama of course), but it behooves me to do so because my fiancee is an Auburn grad. :big:

169512[/snapback]

Congrats on the engagement. I don't know if I ever told you that over at CT.

It was also ingrained in me from a young age to loathe all things Crimson. My dad and older brother were both Auburn grads and there was never any doubt where I would go to school.

I think that Bama success in the 70's made me dislike them more than my elders, but there was a strong foundation there already.

I'm with you Known By The Company You Keep. The redneck Alabama fans are one of the main reasons I never pull for bama. I have many friends that are bama fans (most are graduates) and we get along just fine. One of my best friends is a UA graduate and we understand that we both hate each others schools and we have no problems at all. I know there are some good bama fans but the bad ones ruin my perception of UA fans. I wouldn't be for Alabama if they were playing France. It was mentioned about pulling for bama in instances that help Auburn. In my heart I just can't do it. I see you are from Oneonta. I lived there for a couple of years (1986-88). I really liked it there. They have a pretty good Auburn fan base. Well it was pretty good for what I'm use to.

Any time an SEC team is playing an out of conference game, I pull for the SEC team, (even Bama). But if they loose it does not upset me in the least. If Bama winning helps AUBURN, I want them to win. I would like the SEC to put 7 or 8 teams in bowl games every year and I would like for them all to win. I will go even further and say it would not bother me if Bama won 10 games year in and year out as long as they lost to AUBURN every year. I liked it when both teams were highly ranked and played. It adds even more excitement to the nations NUMBER ONE RIVALRY! :au::au::au:

:au::au::au::au: WAR DAMN EAGLE!!! :au::au::au::au:

With that all said, I have felt many times that I would not care if they ever won another game/match of any kind anywhere. :angry::big:

I hope UAT loses, no matter what sport it is, and I will never ever pull for them, not even if it has implications for the SEC or whatever.  UAT played Minn. last year in the Music City Bowl, we played Wisconsin in that same bowl the year before.

169442[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but anyone who wouldn't pull for Bama if by them winning, it would help Auburn in some way (help us win the West and go to the SEC title game, have a shot at a national title, etc.) is cutting off their nose to spite their face. At some point, love for Auburn and wanting them to acheive as much as possible has to be larger than hate for Bama.

169454[/snapback]

Sorry Titan, I'm with WarDlowe on this one. I try but I can't force myself to pull for bama in any sport, anytime. There is too much history behing these feelings. If it's a situation where bama's winning helps Auburn, I just sit back and enjoy a win-win scenario for me. :D

Well, I'm sorry...it's not win-win if Bama losing hurts Auburn's chances for a championship. Any satisfaction I get out of seeing them lose is overshadowed by how it affected Auburn in a negative way. Like I say, you gotta decide whether you primarily love Auburn or you hate Bama. While those things sometimes overlap, they don't always.

I will now edit my post on the first page. The original Wisconsin thing threw me. I meant to say I was a Gopher, gopher, gopher, gopher..... :big:

And yes, I'd pull for Bama only if it helped AU. I wouldn't actually admit it or yell Roll Tide or anything and I'd lock myself up in a room alone while the game was on and wear a fake mustache and sunglasses and speak with a Russian accent......but yea, I'd do it for Auburn's sake. :lol:

I wouldn't be for Alabama if they were playing France.

169529[/snapback]

:D

I wouldn't root for them if they played the UN and Koffi Annan were the QB!

I wouldn't be for Alabama if they were playing France.

169529[/snapback]

:D

I wouldn't root for them if they played the UN and Koffi Annan were the QB!

169637[/snapback]

I once went to see bama play the Russians in an exhibition basketball game in B'ham. I pulled for the Russians and ..........they won :cheer::cheer:

Well, I'm sorry...it's not win-win if Bama losing hurts Auburn's chances for a championship.  Any satisfaction I get out of seeing them lose is overshadowed by how it affected Auburn in a negative way.  Like I say, you gotta decide whether you primarily love Auburn or you hate Bama.  While those things sometimes overlap, they don't always.

169586[/snapback]

Maybe not win-win for you but it is for me. In this situation if bama wins, it helped Auburn. If bama loses, well that's a win too because anytime bama loses is a win for me. I''m just being honest. Heck my oldest daughter is a bama grad and one of my best friends was a fromer FB team captain under Bear Bryant. They know how I feel and know why. We still love each other :lol:

Once we beat them, I don't mind if they get a littel Music City Bowl win. I watch, but I'm not sure I REALLY care either way. It is good for the SEC to win as many bowl gamse as possible. But whether or not bammer wins does not make my day. That is only after we beat them. The other way around and I surely root against. So I guess you could say there has been complete apathy on this subject for the last 4 years. Here's to the next ten years (at least) of apathy! :D

I don't see how anybody can pull for bama under the "SEC" banner when they have openly said they want out of the SEC :big:

I don't see how anybody can pull for bama under the "SEC" banner when they have openly said they want out of the SEC :big:

169776[/snapback]

Probably a function of age. As one ages and learns more about the dark side its hard to then be for them in anything.

Archived