One more reason to give up this year

rolltoomer

Well, I'm glad I found out now. That's gonna' save me a ton of money on tickets and going to games and such. It won't be nearly as stressful now that we know the inevitable outcome. :big:

I believe I will put a little more thought into this before I cancel my season tickets.

;)

The Tide is coming off its worst back-to-back seasons in almost 50 years.

Under coach Mike Shula, Alabama is 0-6 against chief rivals Auburn, Tennessee and LSU.

The Tide is also just 3-7 against West rivals over the last two years.

Yes! Perfect timing to start talking about undefeated, championship seasons. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You know, I'd be a little sympathetic with that program if it sounded more like "we're hoping we can stay healthy this year and build confidence and compete" or "we're just hoping for the best and we'll take any good fortune that comes our way". But no, the same ol bammer, "we wear the crimson jerseys", "everyone is out to get us" attitude.

Confidence is one thing...being an asshat is another. They haven't done anything on the football field in the last several years to garner that much respect. Respect is earned when respect is given. Do they not remember the year 2000? I'm pretty sure Auburn remembers 2003 and the lessons learned from that...

And I'm not saying that a team can't go 4-9 to 6-6 to 11-0. That CAN happen. But my God, what's with the attitude? What gave them the attitude in the first place? They've dominated the Mississippi schools and the Vanderbilts and Kentuckys for the last handful of years...absolute kings of self-appointed bowl games...got run over in a legit bowl game. Why the attitude now?

What's wrong with them expecting to play for a championship? Should a team not believe in themselves or have goals? The first step in achieving your goals is believing in yourself. So if they have no confidence, they will never make it to a championship season.

"The most realistic thing we can have right now is going undefeated," Crimson Tide tailback Kenneth Darby of Huntsville said. "That's very realistic for us. We could have done it last year, we think, but certain things happened.

Ya.....ok

What's wrong with them expecting to play for a championship? Should a team not believe in themselves or have goals? The first step in achieving your goals is believing in yourself. So if they have no confidence, they will never make it to a championship season.

169624[/snapback]

That's not what I'm saying...as SL quoted, the most realistic goal now is to go undefeated? How about setting the goal of a winning season first? How about setting the goal of competing for the SEC West crown first? Nooooo...."bammer's goin all the way this year, nothin less." Wtf? :homer:

I must have a weak stomach. I puked while reading the first page and couldn't finish the article.

My hat is off to you AU guys with the iron guts.

WAR EAGLE!!!

169624[/snapback]

That's not what I'm saying...as SL quoted, the most realistic goal now is to go undefeated? How about setting the goal of a winning season first? How about setting the goal of competing for the SEC West crown first? Nooooo...."bammer's goin all the way this year, nothing less." Wtf? :homer:

169628[/snapback]

Well it is the players expecting this not the fans (the level headed ones anyway).

"The most realistic thing we can have right now is going undefeated," Crimson Tide tailback Kenneth Darby of Huntsville said. "That's very realistic for us. We could have done it last year, we think, but certain things happened.

Ya.....ok

169625[/snapback]

"We were going to be undefeated last year, but we lost a few games."

DUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

yadahyadahyadahyadahyadah Bull***t! :au::D:thumbsdown::puke:

...like perhaps, LOSING SIX GAMES?
"We're expecting a championship," Croyle said. "Our group of seniors, we haven't won one. The one year we had a chance to play for it, we were on probation.

"We don't want to be remembered as that group that came through here and didn't get a ring. We're not going to settle for anything less."

Has EVERY class AT bAMA other than this one won a ring? My memory must really suck, 'cause I don't remember that. However, I stand ready for enlightenment if so.
The Tide is coming off its worst back-to-back seasons in almost 50 years.

Under coach Mike Shula, Alabama is 0-6 against chief rivals Auburn, Tennessee and LSU.

The Tide is also just 3-7 against West rivals over the last two years.

Baby steps! Baby steps!

How 'bout a winning season, a SEC West title, or an appearance in the SECCG before declaring yourselves national champions? [A reasonable goal for them is to be in contention for the SEC West until the last game or two of their season.]

"As long as we think we can win, that's all that really matters."
At last, reason! It's okay to think you can win--and it's good that's all that matters--because you're not ACTUALLY going to win as much as you think.

"Auburn went undefeated last year but lost four players to the first round of the NFL draft" I may be wrong but you play with more than 4 players in football? I love how these no talent hacks write of Auburn becasue they lost 4 players, how is brodie going to make it through a season,...he hasn't done it since he was a junior in high school, bammers o-line this year couldn't block the 65 pound football team from Park West.........undefeated??????? :no:

Ya.....ok

169625[/snapback]

"We were going to be undefeated last year, but we lost a few games."

DUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

169633[/snapback]

:lol: Sorry...the "DURRR" just rang in my head so clearly and thought it was hillarious :roflol:

I am gonna have to say though, Bama will have a darn good team this year if injuries dont bother them. But NC quality? Lets take it one step at a time.

As noted on the other (All-SEC team) thread:

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=18130

We're only returning 11 pre-season All-SEC, more than anyone else than Florida (12). TN returns 10 All-SEC & LSU 8. We return the most 1st-string All-SEC picks (6) in the conference and, don't forget, the returning National Coach of the Year.

Obviously we have no chance against Bama (who must play all of the above) with their 9 All-SEC selections and still-unproven coach, many of whom actually have relative little real game-time experience together as a team over the last two years bacause of injuries.

...it's panic time! :o:(

I used to think that I could not go on

And life was nothing but an awful song

But now I know the meaning of true love

I'm leaning on the everlasting arms

2-If I can see it, then I can do it

If I just believe it, there's nothing to it

1-I believe I can fly

I believe I can touch the sky

I think about it every night and day

Spread my wings and fly away

I believe I can soar

I see me running through that open door

I believe I can fly

I believe I can fly

(Oh) I believe I can fly

See I was on the verge of breaking down

Sometimes the silence can seem so loud

There are miracles in life I must achieve

But first I know it starts inside of me

(repeat 2, 1)

Could I believe in it?

(rpt 2, 1...)

"Auburn went undefeated last year but lost four players to the first round of the NFL draft" I may be wrong but you play with more than 4 players in football? I love how these no talent hacks write of Auburn becasue they lost 4 players, how is brodie going to make it through a season,...he hasn't done it since he was a junior in high school, bammers o-line this year couldn't block the 65 pound football team from Park West.........undefeated??????? :no:

169664[/snapback]

Jumbo, You obviously have not been drinkin' the crimson koolaid. :no:

GOOD for you! :D

Look who wrote the article, Paul Gattis=Head Asshat of the Alabama Media. :puke: . My theory about all this NC talk coming from the players at UAT, let them talk. What is going to happen when Florida comes in and beats them in T-town or they lose to UT...again.

Look who wrote the article, Paul Gattis=Head Asshat of the Alabama Media.  :puke: . My theory about all this NC talk coming from the players at UAT, let them talk. What is going to happen when Florida comes in and beats them in T-town or they lose to UT...again.

169750[/snapback]

Why will that stop them from being National Champions? It hasn't in the past...

The thing that seperates Auburn from Alabama after reading crap like this, is the fact that Auburn always said, even after being like 8-0, "well we are going to continue to work hard and try and play our best every game". <<<<< that attitude right there is what wins championships... Campbell, Caddy, Ronnie, Rosegreen.... all of those guys not one time said.. oh we are going to be undefeated... no they said, "i'm gonna play my best and we are going to work as a team and play the best football we know how to play." I LOVE THAT ATTITUDE... much better than...

"why not?... other people do it" - Brodie Croyle

"if we had been healthy, we could have done it..." Kenneth Darby...

if, if, if... if the jews had all carried AK-47's around how many Nazi's would have been killed instead of jews? ... i'm sick and tired of Alabama... what a waste of time..

The thing that seperates Auburn from Alabama after reading crap like this, is the fact that Auburn always said, even after being like 8-0, "well we are going to continue to work hard and try and play our best every game". <<<<< that attitude right there is what wins championships... Campbell, Caddy, Ronnie, Rosegreen.... all of those guys not one time said.. oh we are going to be undefeated... no they said, "i'm gonna play my best and we are going to work as a team and play the best football we know how to play." I LOVE THAT ATTITUDE... much better than...

if, if, if... if the jews had all carried AK-47's around how many Nazi's would have been killed instead of jews? ... i'm sick and tired of Alabama... what a waste of time..

169825[/snapback]

I understand your frustrations. I have found them easier to deal with if I handle them like flies ... they are pests and I try to keep them away from me, by food, and out of my house. I definitely do not give them ... their thoughts or opinions any credibility, nor do other AU people that I know. Their credibility exists among themselves and outsiders that they are able to deceive with their delusions.

169825[/snapback]

Thank you! That's what I was trying to say. Crap like this:

The most realistic thing we can have right now is going undefeated. That's very realistic for us. We could have done it last year, we think, but certain things happened.
...you'll never hear coming out of the mouth of an Auburn Tiger. And I am very grateful for that. EVERY year, you hear Tuberville say something like "we think we have a good team this year and we're just going to go out and give it our best and see what happens." Or most of the time a player is talking about how he's going to prove the media wrong after they've predicted us to finish 3rd in the SEC west or some crap like that.

You want to know the difference between uat and Auburn...you got it right there. Really rubs me the wrong way when I hear crap like what Darby said...."it's very realistic for us to go undefeated this year, could've done it last year" like it is sooooo trivial or something...gahhh. icon8.gif

169825[/snapback]

What he said!! :au:

Not to pick nits..... The AK-47 was designed and accepted by the Soviet army after WWII. The 47 stands for 1947...... :poke:

Archived