Are Democrats Really Going To Cross the Rubicon?

AUFAN78

While the world focused on Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine last week, little attention was paid to the ineffably consequential decision by Democrats to go all-out in their assault on American democracy.

Just as Julius Caesar invited civil war by crossing the Rubicon, the partisan House committee investigating the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol let it be known that it will recommend bringing two sets of criminal charges against former President Donald Trump regarding the 2020 election. One allegation is that that he tried to obstruct the lawful counting of votes. The other is that he engaged in a conspiracy to defraud the United States through his false claims of a stolen election.

Given how divided our country is, and the wide support Trump still enjoys, his indictment would be an incalculably reckless act.

Politics in free nations is necessarily rough and tumble. It is a contest of ideas that often lack scientific precision. It makes room for debatable claims that may contain falsity as well as kernels of truth. The best evidence shows that Trump did not win as many votes as Biden in 2020, but also that it was a highly unusual contest filled with troubling irregularities. Prohibiting people from making that case is un-American.

The incendiary path Democrats are heading down is unimaginably destructive, not just to the United States but to the world. As Putin continues his war in Ukraine and China’s saber-rattling regarding Taiwan intensifies, united American leadership is indispensable. Instead of bringing us together, criminal charges against Trump would burn down our house.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2022/03/07/democrats_cross_the_rubicon_in_war_against_america_147294.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

that was a funny article. 

Breaking News: "People who screamed "Lock Her Up" for a decade now concerned about Trump being prosecuted for crimes he admits he committed." 

Got anymore of these spicy hot takes? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

I always believed NOT prosecuting Nixon was the right thing to do.  I was wrong.  It emboldened generations of progressively more corrupt politicians.  They have almost made successful prosecution impossible.

If we cannot even bring members of the political and capital classes to trial, our future is either an oligarchic, fascist system or, violent revolution, maybe both.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

that was a funny article. 

Breaking News: "People who screamed "Lock Her Up" for a decade now concerned about Trump being prosecuted for crimes he admits he committed." 

Got anymore of these spicy hot takes? 

Trump being prosecuted for crimes he admits he committed." 

Not speculative or contrived, but what crimes? I see the giddy hopes and desires, then reality hits. At least my perception of criminal reality. 

8 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

I always believed NOT prosecuting Nixon was the right thing to do.  I was wrong.  It emboldened generations of progressively more corrupt politicians.  They have almost made successful prosecution impossible.

Politicians (some) were corrupt before and after Nixon and they always will be.

I feel you have to prove criminal intent. Politics aside.

8 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

If we cannot even bring members of the political and capital classes to trial, our future is either an oligarchic, fascist system or, violent revolution, maybe both.

Trump was impeached twice and all appearances are it was political. Certainly not criminal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So they should just ignore the fact that Trump wants to run for office AGAIN after he attempted to flush the entire electoral system down the toilet to maintain power? Republicans chose to not participate, other than the few that believe country comes before party.

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

So they should just ignore the fact that Trump wants to run for office AGAIN after he attempted to flush the entire electoral system down the toilet to maintain power? Republicans chose to not participate, other than the few that believe country comes before party.

Once again you leave me to believe you failed to read the article. 

10 hours ago, AU9377 said:

The same thing can be said of Democrats who see party before country and act on it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Example?

LMAO! I have a job....not enough time on my hands but there's decades of examples. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

LMAO! I have a job....not enough time on my hands but there's decades of examples. 

Decades of examples and you cannot quickly list one or two?  That sounds less than genuine, far less.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

Decades of examples and you cannot quickly list one or two?  That sounds less than genuine, far less.

No sir there's so many that even the leftist of left can read, watch or see what has happened over the years. The right has their fair share as well. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

No sir there's so many that even the leftist of left can read, watch or see what has happened over the years. The right has their fair share as well. 

Yet,,, you cannot list even one.  Duly noted.

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Yet,,, you cannot list even one.  Duly noted.

Tulsi Gabbard explains it well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

:rolleyes:  Right.  No time.  (Not even one, just off the top of your head?)

Edited by homersapien
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, homersapien said:

Not even one, just off the top of your head?

Watch the video homes......

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Tulsi Gabbard explains it well. 

So you're a Tulsi Gabbard fan?

What is it about her you really like?  Her intellect, her honesty, her values, or just her patriotism?

Edited by homersapien
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Watch the video homes......

Sorry, "I don't have time" to listen to the likes of Tulsi Gabbard.

How about providing us a brief summary?

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Th

13 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Once again you leave me to believe you failed to read the article. 

The reason that the committee was forced to specify criminal or likely criminal conduct is that the former President believes that he is somehow beyond or above being questioned by a Congressional committee.  If there is nothing to hide, why not appear or at the very least turn over all documents?  When Hillary Clinton was accused of imaginary criminal conduct, she at least had the balls to go and sit and answer the questions of crazy House Republicans. She made them look like fools, but that is the chance they knew they were taking.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Sorry, "I don't have time" to listen to the likes of Tulsi Gabbard.

How about providing us a brief summary?

No thank you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

Maybe you should refrain from making arguments you are not willing to back up?

Maybe to coin has two sides and some people need to act like it?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Maybe you should refrain from making arguments you are not willing to back up?

Now that's funny

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Maybe to coin has two sides and some people need to act like it?

Do you know the two sides?  It is not the Democrats and the Republicans.

• Facepalm 1