Big Time Recruiting: Visitors List Updates

toddc

A competitive visit for Noland

Prentiss “Air” Noland was planning to take another unofficial visit to Auburn Friday, but learned recently that the Tigers were holding their first Elite Camp of the summer that same day.

He had a choice.

He chose to compete.

The Class of 2024 quarterback didn’t merely compete Friday, however. He was named “Top Quarterback” for his work, which included a series of impressive throws during 1-on-1 drills. The lefty showed an ability to throw short with authority, but also knows how to throttle down on routes that require a more nuanced delivery.

Noland was awarded an Auburn cap for winning “Top Quarterback” honors at the Tigers’ Elite Camp on Friday afternoon.
Noland was awarded an Auburn cap for winning “Top Quarterback” honors at the Tigers’ Elite Camp on Friday afternoon. (Jay G. Tate/AuburnSports.com)

“I was already on campus. Why not compete with other guys,” Noland said. “Most guys would have sat out for their unofficial visit. I wanted to take coaching from Coach (Bryan) Harsin and (offensive coordinator Eric Kiesau) and take it from there.”

Noland has visited Auburn a few times — most recently with teammate (and Auburn recruit) in April. The rising junior said Friday that he’s still taking his recruitment slowly, but is planning to begin whittling down his options at some point this fall.

Auburn is all but assured of being in that group.

“I love Auburn a lot,” Noland said. “My family loves it. I plan on coming back.”

Noland says he’ll soon attend a camp at South Carolina, but that probably will be the end of his camp tour for the summer. He’ll instead spend the time visiting more campuses in a more relaxed setting and getting to know coaches better.

“Building a relationship not only on the field but off the field — that’s a big thing,” he said.

icons_rivalsdatabase_modal_icon-7f81eaad159f68dda2a1cb9e46f24b8969cc8ace21937f305991261fc7959215.svg

6'3" | 190 lbs | PRO QB | 2024

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hall fired up after first visit to the Plains

z9iiqwhpyxzslk8xsdul
Jay G. Tate • AuburnSports
Publisher

1653905250612-7809.jpg

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Dae’Vonn Hall was almost 1,000 miles from home when he competed at Auburn’s first Elite Camp of the summer Friday afternoon.

Still, he had his own cheering section.

The Class of 2024 wideout played high school ball with 

Micah Riley-Ducker, a tight end who signed with Auburn earlier this year. Riley-Ducker kept a close eye on his friend throughout the day, which gave him an opportunity to see Hall earn commendation from the Tigers’ coaching staff. He was the best route-runner on the field Friday, caught all but one catchable pass and hopes his performance will yield a long-term relationship with the program.

“I’m hoping to get an offer from them,” Hall said. “It would mean a lot — especially with my teammate here. Coming here would be cool. I’m going to have (Auburn) on the map for sure.”

cvt1qtlf9bubyv05tcuo

Hall, who stands 6-foot-2 and weighs 183 pounds, has been barnstorming through the Southeastern during the past week. He flew from his home in Nebraska to Florida, visited the Gators, drove to Clemson, competed in a camp there and then competed at Auburn on Friday.

He’s visiting Alabama this weekend.

Hall, a Rivals four-star prospect, doesn’t yet have a favorite school. Still, he said Riley-Ducker’s glowing reports about life at Auburn — both as a football player and as a student — have him very intrigued.

“He loves it here — the energy, the drive that everybody has, everybody wants to win,” Hall said. “I love what I hear. I think this is a great place. All of (the coaches) bring a lot of passion.”

Hall said he hopes to attend an Auburn game this fall.

• Like 2

Austin Ausberry recruiting younger brother Jaiden Ausberry 'very hard' to Auburn

Jaiden Ausberry Auburn official visit 4-star LB Jaiden Ausberry on Official Visit to Auburn (Photo Credit: Jeffrey Lee On3)

Jaiden Ausberry, a 4-star LB from Baton Rouge, La., wrapped up his official visit to Auburn on Sunday. He helped his older brother move in just a week ago, and returned to the plains for a deeper look for himself. 

His player host was none other than his older brother, Austin. 

“It was real nice. Being here with my brother just moving in. He’s actually in college now so it was really kind of weird at first.”

The two are similar, but have different personalities. The approach to the game remains the same, however.

“He’s more outgoing, I’m kinda quiet. We’re both dogs.”

The younger Ausberry got to see more of Auburn than he ever has.

“Everything went well, just the culture and the vibe. Everything was great and I really had a good time.”

Ausberry will return multiple times

Ausberry’s official visit this weekend was his third time on campus. He has not yet been to a game, but plans to attend multiple games in the fall. He not only wants to see the atmosphere for himself, but also wants to see his brother in action.

“Definitely coming to a few games. I want to see my brother play, too.”

The campus tour and the new facility stood out.

“I took a campus tour. It was my first time actually going around the whole thing. The business school is really nice and the new facility is probably going to be one of the best in the nation.”

With more official visits on the horizon, Auburn is in great shape

Auburn stands in a good spot for the top 100 LB recruit. The pitch from the Auburn staff feels genuine and works well for him.

“They stand in a real good spot. I spent a lot of time here this weekend. They really emphasized how much they want me and how it’s not going to be just the Ausberry brothers. It’s going to be Jaiden Ausberry, and then Austin Ausberry. It’s not just a package deal. I really like that.”

Christian Robinson is key in this recruitment. 

“It was real good with Coach C-Rob (Christian Robinson). He recruited me at Florida, so we already have a previous relationship. Even if I don’t come here, he’s always going to be my guy. He recruits on a personal level.”

Ausberry will take some more visits and then take it easy for a while. He will have plenty to think about and wants to see some games in the fall.

“I have Notre Dame next weekend, Texas A&M, then Michigan. I’ll visit those, and after that I should probably know. I will wait until December, because I don’t want to second guess myself.”

LSU and Oregon are also possibly official visit destinations for the 4-star LB. If those happen, it will be in the fall for a game day atmosphere more than likely.

How hard is big brother pushing for his younger brother?

“Hard, very hard. He texts me every day. When I got here, he was like, ‘you’re committing after this weekend’. I was like, we gotta wait, bro.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Auburn leads for big offensive lineman after official visit

3 hours ago

Wiltfong Whiparound: Auburn hosting several high-profile 2023 prospects

Auburn made quite the move for offensive lineman Ian Geffrard during his official visit. Enough so that Auburn now stands at the very top of his recruitment.

“After speaking with Coach Harsin and Coach Friend, said that they were interested in me even up to this point still and I’d say they’re probably at the top of my list right now,” Geffrard said.

So, why does Auburn lead for Geffrard?

“Just because of the interactions that the staff had with one another and with other recruits and their families as well,” Geffrard said. “The experience that I had here with other recruits, like I just had a lot of bonding time with a lot of players like Jah (Jamaal Jarrett) and Brock (Glenn).” 

Out of Mableton, Georgia, Geffrard has been to Auburn several times including once this spring to watch an Auburn practice. He’s seen how the coaches are on the field, but now was his chance to see what it’s like off the field.

He wasn’t disappointed.

“Coach Friend, it was fun,” Geffrard said about spending time with offensive line coach Will Friend. “I got to know a lot about him and who he was and who he was off the field. Because I’ve seen him on the field, I went to a spring practice one time, so you see him on the field and now off the field. Him and Coach Bernardi. It was fun and interesting to kind of experience and just observe who they were.”

10COMMENTS

Checking in at 6-foot-6, 370 pounds, Geffrard says most schools are looking at him to play guard in college.

Geffrard has official visits to Boston College and Arkansas set up for the next two weekends, but says he’s in “no rush” to make a commitment and won’t do so until December close to the Early Signing Day.

Auburn visit 'literally perfect' for QB Brock Glenn

66 minutes ago

Brock Glenn's visit to Auburn couldn’t have gone any better. He’s been to Auburn before, named after the school with his full name being Auburn Brock Glenn, but his official visit was everything he was hoping for.

“It was amazing,” Glenn said. “It was great. My family and I got lots of information, it went literally perfect. Couldn’t have went better. I enjoyed all three days. Great family feel, great feel. Obviously Auburn is Auburn, it’s always going to have a good feel to it. So it was amazing.”

Auburn offered Glenn back in April and has been involved in his recruitment for awhile now, which is something that makes an impact for Glenn. 

Glenn’s recruitment has started to take off with other schools like Florida and Florida State getting involved recently, but Auburn’s been there from the jump. He won’t forget that when it comes time to make a final decision.

“It just means that they don’t care about the rankings, they don’t care about the stars, they don’t care about your name or who you are,” Glenn said. “They care about who you are as a person, who you are as a player. If they see that in you and they like that, they don’t care whoever else has offered. 

“They don’t care if you’re a 5-star or 2-star, if they see it in you, then they’re going to offer you and they’re going to believe in you. That’s what I appreciate about them, they believed in me before really a lot of attention came to me.”

Now, even with schools just starting to get involved, it’s the home stretch for Glenn. After competing in the Nashville Elite 11 regionals and punching a ticket to the Elite 11 Finals in Los Angeles, California, Glenn is aiming to have his recruitment done by then.

The national competition starts on Tuesday June 28, lasting through the 30th, and Glenn is planning a commitment the week or weekend before that starts. Part of it is to focus on Elite 11 and part of it is to start going to work.

“Start recruiting, because I really want to get involved in that, get some top guys in this class to come with me,” Glenn said. “Really just enjoy my senior season, get this out the way, know where I’m going, feel comfortable about it.”

Before making that decision he has an official visit to Florida State planned for next weekend and “maybe” an official visit to Virginia, too. He’ll unofficially visit Florida on the 13th and Mississippi State on the 17th. TCU is also a factor in his recruitment.

When it comes down to it a lot of factors will end up playing into Glenn’s choice, but the offense that he’ll be in plays a big part of that. And Auburn’s offense under Bryan Harsin and Eric Kiesau is exactly what Glenn is after.

5COMMENTS

“The information that I took in this weekend was insane, like it’s insane,” Glenn said. “We actually watched film for about two hours. Talked about the offense, everything from pass pro to concepts to hots to kill plays to everything. Drops, fundamentals, Coach Kiesau’s philosophy, Coach Harsin’s philosophy, cadence, everything. 

“We went over everything and I loved it. It’s everything that I’m looking for because I ultimately want to be prepared for the NFL. I know coming from a pro-styleish system helps your stock a lot. So I do look forward to that and that’s something that’s very important to me, honestly.”

• Like 3

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toddc said:

I hate that his recruiter for Alabama is Travaris Robinson.

I understand him going to Alabama... good for his career... but him being there is still unsettling.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Edited by toddc

Two 5-stars schedule official visits to Auburn

Keith Niebuhrabout 17 hours
bryan-harsin-details-landen-king-moving-wide-receiver-tight-end-during-auburn-spring-game Michael Chang via Getty Images.

Two of the top targets on the Auburn recruiting board have locked in official visits with Auburn. Both will be on campus June 24.

The players are:

-Five-star defensive tackle James Smith of Montgomery (Ala.) Carver. He’s the No. 1 prospect in the state of Alabama and the No. 6 overall player nationally in the On3 Consensus. At this time, Alabama is the favorite (49.9 percent) in the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine with Georgia (39.5) next, followed by Auburn (8.1).

-Five-star edge rusher Qua Russaw of Montgomery (Ala.) Carver. Russaw is the No. 4 player in Alabama and No. 23 recruit nationally in the On3 Consensus. Georgia (49.5) is favored in the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine with Alabama (34.5) next, then Auburn (13.1). 

These two standout recruits not only are teammates at Carver, but both train at Madhouse Athletic Training in Montgomery. Each has visited the Tigers multiple times this year.

Get to know Auburn target James Smith

Here is Smith’s On3 bio: James Smith is back in Alabama after transferring from G.W. Carver High School in Montgomery, Ala., to IMG Academy. At the time, Smith said “business- and experience-wise,” the move made sense for him. However, he returned back to Alabama and is now one of the top overall prospects in the state. Smith plans on majoring in engineering in college. He lists basketball as his hobby. His father, Charles, is a firefighter. His mother, Malecia Smith, works as a beautician. Smith’s sibling is Jaylen.

Get to know Auburn target Qua Russaw

Here is Russaw’s On3 bio: Qua Russaw was a finalist for Alabama’s Class 6A lineman of the year award as a junior after a season that saw him rack up 130 tackles and more than 27 tackles for a loss. Russaw played his freshman season at Charles Henderson High School in Troy, Ala., before moving to Carver. It was shortly after his freshman year that he landed his first three SEC offers. He said the offers were like “badges of honor” for everything he did to get to this point. “It was amazing,” said Russaw, who also runs track and was timed at 11.70 seconds at 6-foot-3 and 230 pounds during his sophomore season. “I was waiting for those offers, and I worked so hard to get to this point. It’s hard to put into words. But I also know I have a lot of hard work still ahead. This is just the beginning of a great journey for me and my family.” Russaw also has one of the higher On3 NIL Valuations in high school football listed at more than $24,000.

16 hours ago, toddc said:

Two 5-stars schedule official visits to Auburn

Keith Niebuhrabout 17 hours
bryan-harsin-details-landen-king-moving-wide-receiver-tight-end-during-auburn-spring-game Michael Chang via Getty Images.

Two of the top targets on the Auburn recruiting board have locked in official visits with Auburn. Both will be on campus June 24.

The players are:

-Five-star defensive tackle James Smith of Montgomery (Ala.) Carver. He’s the No. 1 prospect in the state of Alabama and the No. 6 overall player nationally in the On3 Consensus. At this time, Alabama is the favorite (49.9 percent) in the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine with Georgia (39.5) next, followed by Auburn (8.1).

-Five-star edge rusher Qua Russaw of Montgomery (Ala.) Carver. Russaw is the No. 4 player in Alabama and No. 23 recruit nationally in the On3 Consensus. Georgia (49.5) is favored in the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine with Alabama (34.5) next, then Auburn (13.1). 

These two standout recruits not only are teammates at Carver, but both train at Madhouse Athletic Training in Montgomery. Each has visited the Tigers multiple times this year.

Get to know Auburn target James Smith

Here is Smith’s On3 bio: James Smith is back in Alabama after transferring from G.W. Carver High School in Montgomery, Ala., to IMG Academy. At the time, Smith said “business- and experience-wise,” the move made sense for him. However, he returned back to Alabama and is now one of the top overall prospects in the state. Smith plans on majoring in engineering in college. He lists basketball as his hobby. His father, Charles, is a firefighter. His mother, Malecia Smith, works as a beautician. Smith’s sibling is Jaylen.

Get to know Auburn target Qua Russaw

Here is Russaw’s On3 bio: Qua Russaw was a finalist for Alabama’s Class 6A lineman of the year award as a junior after a season that saw him rack up 130 tackles and more than 27 tackles for a loss. Russaw played his freshman season at Charles Henderson High School in Troy, Ala., before moving to Carver. It was shortly after his freshman year that he landed his first three SEC offers. He said the offers were like “badges of honor” for everything he did to get to this point. “It was amazing,” said Russaw, who also runs track and was timed at 11.70 seconds at 6-foot-3 and 230 pounds during his sophomore season. “I was waiting for those offers, and I worked so hard to get to this point. It’s hard to put into words. But I also know I have a lot of hard work still ahead. This is just the beginning of a great journey for me and my family.” Russaw also has one of the higher On3 NIL Valuations in high school football listed at more than $24,000.

It is sad I have to say this but need to get the NIL money for these two as that is only way we could beat out bama or UGA for these two who both are game changing type players that Auburn does not normally get.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

It is sad I have to say this but need to get the NIL money for these two as that is only way we could beat out bama or UGA for these two who both are game changing type players that Auburn does not normally get.

Agree it's a sad situation. We did get Brown and Davidson some years back, but that was, indeed, some years back. Tank and Pappoe are the standouts that are still on the team, but two recruits of that level aren't enough.

• Like 2

Previewing an important official visit weekend at Auburn

Keith Niebuhrabout 5 hours
top-100-ol-bo-hughley-stands-on-his-commitment-to-georgia Photo by Jeremy Johnson/On3

It’s a big recruiting weekend for Auburn as eight prospects, including five 4-stars, are officially visiting Bryan Harsin’s program beginning Friday. Here’s a quick overview of each …

CJ Allen, Barnesville (Ga.) Lamar County: Georgia is the Recruiting Prediction Machine favorite by a lot and word is he’s definitely someone the Dawgs want in their class But Auburn, led by the efforts of linebackers coach Christian Robinson, has the Tigers in the mix. Tennessee probably is the third team to watch here. With a mid-summer decision likely, this is a hugely important weekend for Auburn. 

Rueben Bain, edge, Miami (Fla.) Central: Family ties have put Miami in a strong position, but more and more intel suggests Auburn may very well be among his top two or three teams. Oklahoma, which he officially visited last week, is another to watch. Ditto for Alabama, which hosts him June 24. Bain has a great relationship with Auburn edge coach Roc Bellantoni and that gives the Tigers a shot.

DJ Chester, OL, McDonough (Ga.) Eagle’s Landing Christian: Auburn has emerged as the Recruiting Prediction Machine favorite for Chester, who will play inside in college. Florida State, Ole Miss and South Carolina appear to also be in the mix. Michigan could be another to watch. Chester recently released a top 12 that included each of the aforementioned programs.

A top in-state defender will be in town this weekend

Keldric Faulk, edge, Highland Home (Ala.): The Tigers lead slightly over Florida State in the Recruiting Prediction Machine for the nation’s No. 62 recruit in the On3 Consensus. Faulk had a great visit to Auburn this spring and returns for his official this weekend. FSU has long been thought to be a contender. You can put Clemson up there, too. Additionally, Florida will get an official. But right now, Auburn appears to be in a strong position. — possibly the strongest of anyone.

Joshua Horton, DT, Fairborn (Ga.) Langston Hughes: Many view Auburn as the favorite for this 3-star recruit, including the On3 Recruiting Machine Prediction, which projects him to the Tigers right now with 95.7 percent confidence. UCF, which he visited last weekend, and North Carolina also are in the mix. Georgia, too … and now Florida has ramped things up.  

Tigers trying to flip elite Georgia Bulldogs verbal

Bo Hughley, OT, Fairborn (Ga.) Langston Hughes: A long-time Georgia commit, Hughley is the No. 6 recruit in Georgia and No. 94 prospect nationally for the On3 Consensus. If anyone is capable of giving Hughley something to think about or possibly flip him, it might be Auburn. One is his teammates is Tigers 4-star safety commit Terrance Love. Hughley has made two known visits to Auburn this year.

Ja’Keem Jackson, CB, Kissimmee (Fla.) Osceola: Jackson will announce his college choice Oct. 22. At this time, the Recruiting Machine Prediction favors Tennessee (25.8 percent), but Auburn is close behind (17.1). He is scheduled to officially visit Penn State next weekend and the Vols the weekend after that.

Jelani Thurman, TE, Fairborn (Ga.) Langston Highes: Per Chad Simmons of On3, Thurman is competing in a 7-on-7 event in Las Vegas this week but early Friday morning he will fly to Auburn for an official visit. He then plans to return late early Sunday morning (to Las Vegas) to the OT7 to play in the elimination games Sunday. Simmons sees Michigan State as the current leader but Auburn is very much in this. In fact, the  Recruiting Machine Prediction projects the Tigers as the current favorite. 

• Love 1

Jaren Woods 4*

• Like 1

• Like 1

Fired up? Yep! Excited? Yep.

Let me know when any of them actually commit - OR SIGN - with Auburn.

Sorry - I'm waiting to see Harsin actually put some elite recruits on the roster and on the field.

I'm not pessimistic or optimistic yet. I'm just waiting.

Because his first recruiting class was ..... um ..... uninspiring.

I'm really excited and eager to see some (or ALL) of these recruits join the AU Family!

WDE!

• Like 3

4-star LB Karmelo Overton 'proved I was one of the top names' with camp performance

ByCHRISTIAN CLEMENTE 6 hours ago

Share3 Comments

Corvallis Super Regional Preview: Auburn Tigers vs. Oregon State Beavers

A 4-star linebacker in the 247Sports Composite rankings out of Carroll High School in Ozark, Alabama, Karmelo Overton has been searching and hoping for an Auburn offer for a while now. 

He has 19 offers, including several SEC schools, but has yet to receive one from the home state school. Working to land that offer, he competed in Auburn’s Elite Camp on Friday and impressed, landing an MVP award while working with linebackers coach Christian Robinson.

“Overall it went well,” Overton told Auburn Undercover. “This is my second camp this summer but I feel like I did good, did what I was supposed to do. I proved I was one of the top names out there today. It felt good. Got me a new hat. Got recognized out of Lord knows how many guys were here, so, you know, talent speaks for itself.”

Overton remains in contact with Robinson, and feels like he’s getting closer to landing an offer.

“I feel like it’s long overdue, but me and Coach Rob, we getting real tight,” Overton said. “I’m loving the new staff so hopefully, in the future, everything works out how it’s supposed to be.”

If Overton does land an offer, it’s something that could change his recruitment entirely.

“It would be big because in-state, Auburn U, another SEC school,” Overton said. “It’d be something big, something I could think about, too.”

Just a couple of hours away from campus, Overton doesn’t have any set plans for an official decision or official visits yet, saying he’s not looking to rush to a decision and will make one “whenever I feel like it’s going to be right.”

Of all of the schools in his recruitment, Auburn stands out for a few different reasons.

“Culture — that’s the first thing I think about,” Overton said. “Tradition, family, something that’s tight-knitted. Hard-working, all that.”

247Sports' national recruiting analyst Cooper Petagna had this to say about Overton:

"Verified at 6-foot and 200-pounds, appears to possess growth potential to add additional weight to his frame. Displays above average athleticism at the weak side linebacker position.

3COMMENTS

"Appears to have above average key and diagnose ability. Flashes some instincts and read / react ability on tape. Possesses adequate play speed, flashing some range to play sideline to sideline. Moves efficiently, plays with very little wasted motion. Shows the ability to bang between the tackles and play in space. Strong at the point of attack, will strike you. Demonstrates above average play strength, showing the ability to stack and shed blocks consistently. Limited sample size as a defender in pass coverage and as a blitzer. Plays with some feel to his game, more of a throwback player.

"Projects as a potential multi-year starter at a Power Five program with the ability to add value on multiple special teams units."

• Like 1

• Like 1

Free article!

• Thanks 1