Big Time Recruiting: Visitors List Updates

toddc

• Like 1

On3 Consensus 4-star RB Roderick Robinson sets visit to Auburn

Jeffrey Lee•about 2 hours

(Chad Simmons/On3)

Roderick Robinson, one of the top running backs in the 2023 class, has locked in a visit to Auburn.

Robinson, from Lincoln in San Diego, Calif., will be on the Tigers’ campus May 4. It will be an unofficial visit and Robinson’s first to Auburn.

Auburn offered Robinson on March 31. He learned of the offer during a phone conversation with running backs coach Carnell “Cadillac” Williams. The two have remained in contact and the communication will pay off with a visit.

Relationships and communication will be keys in Robinson’s recruitment, he told On3’s Chad Simmons.

“It’s very important to me,” Robinson said. “I want to make sure I have a good relationship with the coaches, make sure the place feels like home and that it’s the right place for me.”

Robinson will visit Tennessee following his Auburn visit in May. His top group, which he released on March 18, includes the Vols, USC, Texas A&M, Miami, Oregon, Stanford, Arizona, Cal and UCLA.

Auburn is working to break into the group.

If size matters it’s Texass! Dang spellcheck.

Edited by toddc

3 hours ago, toddc said:

He appears to have scheduled his visits in order of his school preferences.  Texas being his favorite, Texas A&M 2nd and so forth to #5 Auburn.

3 hours ago, toddc said:

If he’s any good then take out a loan if we need to

• Haha 1

This is a big time deal right here. Tony Mitchel really close to CZEtheridge and CBH.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Like 1

• Like 1

4 hours ago, toddc said:

Its big we get an official visit after his last visit. It is tough pulling somebody from California but from what I have read there is some connection to the stae of Alabama.

• Thanks 1

Elite New Jersey prospect to officially visit in June

ByKEITH NIEBUHR 9 hours ago

Share7 Comments

Please turn off your ad blocker if you wish to view this video.

Late Kick Blitz: Assessing Auburn's QB battle exiting spring

The No. 3 recruit in the state of New Jersey unofficially visited Auburn earlier this year. Now, he plans to return for an official visit and the date appears to set.

Auburn Undercover has learned 4-star defensive tackle Sydir Mitchell of Oradell (N.J.) Bergen Catholic is expected to take an official to Auburn on June 24-26. He is the No. 225 overall recruit nationally in the industry generated 247Sports Composite.

Georgia, Texas and Texas A&M also are expected to get officials, per sources. Mitchell will officially visit the Bulldogs later this month.

Mitchell released a top nine on May 1 of Auburn, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Miami, Rutgers, Tenneseee, Texas and Texas A&M.

"I am thinking August (for a decision)," he told Brian Dohn of 247Sports.

In the same interview, Mitchell said this about Auburn: "The coaching staff is great. I was able to get there for a practice and I like how the defense and offense go at each other. It was really good to be able to see Auburn, and see what they have coaching staff-wise and facility-wise, and see what they are going to change in their program."

7COMMENTS

Mitchell is among the top defensive linemen on Auburn's board. The Tigers recently visited his school.

Here is Mitchell's 247Sports evaluation: Ideal size and length for defensive tackle. Works hands well and understands leverage. Possesses natural strength. Traits exist to be a run stopper in middle. Plays with low center of gravity. Strong and has natural power. Gets off well at line of scrimmage. Shows an ability to stack and shed. Manipulates torso to through gaps. Will benefit greatly as he matures and adds lower body strength. Saw varsity action at high-level North Jersey program.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, tinman1 said:

Any relation to Rodney Crayton who played for us in the early 2000's?

Rodney Crayton was of the Jackson Gap Craytons, a prominent family in that prestigious community. :)

This kid is from Alphretta, Georgia but the timing is about right and Rodney had some brothers as well, so I suppose it's possible.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Rodney Crayton was of the Jackson Gap Craytons, a prominent family in that prestigious infamous community. 🚓

This kid is from Alphretta, Georgia but the timing is about right and Rodney had some brothers as well, so I suppose it's possible.

FTFY. Only brother I'm familiar with is Jerrell. He was killed several years ago and had no children.

I would say it's unlikely there's any relation.

• Like 1

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 11:52 PM, JBiGGiE said:

FTFY. Only brother I'm familiar with is Jerrell. He was killed several years ago and had no children.

I would say it's unlikely there's any relation.

Be careful talking about the Gap. My momma’s from the Gap.

• Like 1

• Like 3

• Like 1