Big Time Recruiting: Visitors List Updates

toddc

We're loading up on kids for early June visits.

I'll be interesting to see how it works out getting most of the kids 1st or early visits. 

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We're loading up on kids for early June visits.

I'll be interesting to see how it works out getting most of the kids 1st or early visits. 

For years the conventional wisdom has been to angle for the last visit. Wondering if this is a new approach or if we're taking the early visits because we can't get the later, more desirable ones?

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

For years the conventional wisdom has been to angle for the last visit. Wondering if this is a new approach or if we're taking the early visits because we can't get the later, more desirable ones?

We're seeing more an more summer OVs which used to never happen.  They were always for games.  I think it's just moving the recruiting calendar forward with December being NSD for 90% of kids.

I just find it odd to get kids here when campus is dead vs a game atmosphere. 

Edited by W.E.D

40 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We're seeing more an more summer OVs which used to never happen.  They were always for games.  I think it's just moving the recruiting calendar forward with December being NSD for 90% of kids.

I just find it odd to get kids here when campus is dead vs a game atmosphere. 

well they can still take unofficial visits on game days....I suspect they are getting the OV from high value kids when they can get them.   Collect a commitment whenever possible and roll the dice in hopes of keeping them in Dec.  

I like that idea more than hoping to get the OV during the season, but the OV not actually happening.

I suspect that may be the thought....I don't know anything tho.

Big one here folks. Oline Georgia commit.

Edited by toddc

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Big one here folks. Oline Georgia commit.

This is a very important visit. He is committed to UGA but there has been some talk that he likes Auburn and might switch. He is a 3* with a lot of offers.  I believe I read that he and Joyner are close so if we could get him to switch it would give us to solid beginning to our 2023 HS O-Line class with him and Joyner. 

We need momentum in our 2023 class especially with O-Line. 

We need a minimum of 4 HS O-Line in this class and at least 2-3 Portal O-Line in this class

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1

4-star DL sets official visit to Auburn

3 hours ago

AUC Podcast: What's the excitement level for the Auburn-Penn State rematch?

A highly touted defensive line recruit has locked in his fifth official visit -- and it will go to Auburn.

Darron Reed of Columbus (Ga.) Carver revealed Friday on Twitter he will officially visit the Tigers from June 21-23. Four other officials -- FSU, LSU, Miami and Ohio State previously were scheduled.

Reed is set to announce his college choice July 4.

He is the No. 31 recruit in the state of Georgia for the industry generated 247Sports Composite. At this time, the 247Sports Crystal Ball is split between FSU and Ohio State. Our latest intel suggests the Buckeyes may be the team to beat at this time.

When Reed visited Auburn this spring (April 1), his first trip to Auburn since the 2021 Iron Bowl, it seemed to have given the Tigers a much-needed boost in his recruitment.

“They helped themselves a lot,” Reed said. “They helped themselves get to be one of the top schools on my list. They did their thing. It went great. I got to put the name with a face with (defensive line coach Jimmy) Brumbaugh. I like the way he teaches the stuff. He doesn’t make it hard. The way he talks, he makes stuff easy — the defensive stuff. When I was talking to the coaches — the way (Brumbaugh) teaches the D-Line. That stood out.”

1COMMENTS

According to Reed, Auburn’s need at his position is significant.

“That’s a big deal for me,” Reed said. “I’m trying to enroll early, somewhere I can get in and start early — that’s where I’m trying to be at.”

4-star DL sets official visit to Auburn

ByKEITH NIEBUHR 9 hours ago

AUC Podcast: What's the excitement level for the Auburn-Penn State rematch?

A highly touted defensive line recruit has locked in his fifth official visit -- and it will go to Auburn.

Darron Reed of Columbus (Ga.) Carver revealed Friday on Twitter he will officially visit the Tigers from June 21-23. Four other officials -- FSU, LSU, Miami and Ohio State previously were scheduled.

Reed is set to announce his college choice July 4.

He is the No. 31 recruit in the state of Georgia for the industry generated 247Sports Composite. At this time, the 247Sports Crystal Ball is split between FSU and Ohio State. Our latest intel suggests the Buckeyes may be the team to beat at this time.

When Reed visited Auburn this spring (April 1), his first trip to Auburn since the 2021 Iron Bowl, it seemed to have given the Tigers a much-needed boost in his recruitment.

“They helped themselves a lot,” Reed said. “They helped themselves get to be one of the top schools on my list. They did their thing. It went great. I got to put the name with a face with (defensive line coach Jimmy) Brumbaugh. I like the way he teaches the stuff. He doesn’t make it hard. The way he talks, he makes stuff easy — the defensive stuff. When I was talking to the coaches — the way (Brumbaugh) teaches the D-Line. That stood out.”

1COMMENTS

According to Reed, Auburn’s need at his position is significant.

“That’s a big deal for me,” Reed said. “I’m trying to enroll early, somewhere I can get in and start early — that’s where I’m trying to be at.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Like 2

• Like 1

• Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 9:26 AM, Mikey said:

Kids are just scheduling officials earlier now.

• Like 4