2022 5* Wing/Big Julian Phillips Commits to Vols

ellitor

1 minute ago, Cardin Drake said:

The one part AUBBguru's information that doesn't quite ring true to me is that Phillips gave a verbal to UT last night.

Would be kinda hard to do since he was having fun with our team on his visit last night & texting back & forth with Traore.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

He was quoted in an article today about his visit to Auburn that sounds more Auburn bound than anything I’ve read so far.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, toddc said:

He was quoted in an article today about his visit to Auburn that sounds more Auburn bound than anything I’ve read so far.

Link or it didn't happen 😂

45 minutes ago, ellitor said:

1. This is old info. Even most UT sources on their message boards are conceding him to AU.

via GIPHY

Do you mean volnation insiders?

New situation. They seem more optimistic now:

"Both his parents like Barnes. They told him they’d like to be at UT if they could meet the NIL deal that USC met. I think we’ll hear in the next ten days. I’d say sooner, but the Ignite invite is a weird curveball. The only new information I have is that the coaches are MORE optimistic after his Auburn visit. Of course they could be wrong, but I think they’re encouraged that he didn’t melt and sign this morning."

Edited by AUreo
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AUreo said:

Do you mean volnation insiders?

New situation. They seem more optimistic now.

It could turn out to be true but still looks fishy ATM.

Just now, ellitor said:

It could turn out to be true but still looks fishy ATM.

Yeah, I don't believe that he gave his verbal to UT last night. He was still on campus hanging with AU players.

10 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Link or it didn't happen 😂

VIP 

• Like 1

FWIW JLee made a pick 3 days ago for JP to AU with 65% confidence. He hasn't shyed away from that to this point.

• Like 1

Phillips also hinted he may not even visit anywhere else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AuburnbasketballGuru said:

I just view this forum occasionally and go on.

So you joined AUF 4 hours ago out of the goodness of your heart to give us this heads up. Very thoughtful.... you and bird need to get together

• Haha 9

21 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

you and bird need to get together

Man! I just had lunch.

• Haha 3

Obviously some feelings hurt here. Just because he was on campus last night doesn’t mean he can’t text someone on the Tennessee coaching staff. This all happened last minute. Massive NIL deal was offered late last night that we just can’t match. My source isn’t some random guy. It’s someone actually on the Tennessee staff. A verbal 100% happened, The interview this morning with Phillips is all Smoke. He’s already made his mind. 

9 minutes ago, AuburnbasketballGuru said:

Obviously some feelings hurt here. Just because he was on campus last night doesn’t mean he can’t text someone on the Tennessee coaching staff. This all happened last minute. Massive NIL deal was offered late last night that we just can’t match. My source isn’t some random guy. It’s someone actually on the Tennessee staff. A verbal 100% happened, The interview this morning with Phillips is all Smoke. He’s already made his mind. 

No one's feelings are hurt, you're just a complete unknown telling us something contrary to what our insiders have been saying. Did you expect us to buy what you said without any clue as to who you are or who your source actually is? Seriously?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

No one's feelings are hurt, you're just a complete unknown telling us something contrary to what our insiders have been saying. Did you expect us to buy what you said without any clue as to who you are or who your source actually is? Seriously?

None of the AU insiders have Tennessee sources.. They are obviously oblivious to what is happening inside of the Tennessee side of things. Literally nobody knows this info outside of a handful of people. And again I don’t care who believes me. Simply just the messenger 

Excited to see this one play out. Either we have an insider with tennesse connections or we get a big time basketball commit. WIN WIN!!

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, AuburnbasketballGuru said:

None of the AU insiders have Tennessee sources.. They are obviously oblivious to what is happening inside of the Tennessee side of things. Literally nobody knows this info outside of a handful of people. And again I don’t care who believes me. Simply just the messenger 

You're going a long way to try to convince us of the very first insider tidbit you've shared on this board if all you are is a messenger. Are you sure your feelings aren't hurt because we are slow to believe you?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AuburnbasketballGuru said:

None of the AU insiders have Tennessee sources

1 does & had been saying his Vol sources have heard AU recently. Hasn't given an update in a couple days though.

• Like 1

OK OK can we shut this ish down already from this troll?! This dude accomplished his goal SOMEHOW and got a few people to bite. This is a successful troll. JP might still go to the vols but aint no got damn way he committed to them last night while still on his Auburn OV. I cannot believe some of yall are entertaining this clear troll of a dude trying and BECAUSE SOME OF YALL LET HIM succeeding with one of the most obvious trolls I have ever seen on here. 

I am sorry I find it very hard to believe rocky top all of sudden came away more confident after JP's OV to AU. Especially when he stayed a extra night. Again he still could go there but I def do not think it is because of something that happened with Phillips and ut in the past 24 hours. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

OK OK can we shut this ish down already from this troll?! This dude accomplished his goal SOMEHOW and got a few people to bite. This is a successful troll. JP might still go to the vols but aint no got damn way he committed to them last night while still on his Auburn OV. I cannot believe some of yall are entertaining this clear troll of a dude trying and BECAUSE SOME OF YALL LET HIM succeeding with one of the most obvious trolls I have ever seen on here. 

I am sorry I find it very hard to believe rocky top all of sudden came away more confident after JP's OV to AU. Especially when he stayed a extra night. Again he still could go there but I def do not think it is because of something that happened with Phillips and ut in the past 24 hours. 

And let's be real someone named "auburnbasketballguru" just now makes an account and his first post is this info...... The post, paired with the name just screams "troll" to me, it's obvious. I'm like you, Phillips could go anywhere, dude has been hard to read since his decommit, but I refuse to believe a guy with that name, after several years now of basketball of success decides to make an account right now and his first post to be about Phillips info from the UT side....

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

People that don’t like any sort of negative news are quick to call the other person a troll. Very childish if you ask me. Keep living in fantasy land all you want though. Y’all will find out soon enough 

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, AuburnbasketballGuru said:

People that don’t like any sort of negative news are quick to call the other person a troll. Very childish if you ask me. Keep living in fantasy land all you want though. Y’all will find out soon enough 

And the way you have responded to people this entire thread is exactly how a "troll" responds. If you only visit this site "occasionally" and don't care about what people here think, then why have u constantly been in this thread since making your post? Be better at this lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

And the way you have responded to people this entire thread is exactly how a "troll" responds. If you only visit this site "occasionally" and don't care about what people here think, then why have u constantly been in this thread since making your post? Be better at this lol

Clown responses= replies. Pretty common sense. 

• Facepalm 1

image.gif.5ee7f59c1100fe38af77e6b0d31e0246.gif

• Haha 1