Tiger Takeover

aubiefifty

I love what I am seeing even hitting schools that normally don't have our level of players.  Every now and then these schools have that one player and having visited even for just a quick in and out since you were already in the area gives you the shot at that one player when he comes along. Also don't forget some of these coaches may move on to bigger and better schools and they will remember this and remember Auburn. 

This staff is working hard and have learned from last year.  We all make mistakes but some never learn and repeat same mistake year after year. 

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I love what I am seeing even hitting schools that normally don't have our level of players.  Every now and then these schools have that one player and having visited even for just a quick in and out since you were already in the area gives you the shot at that one player when he comes along. Also don't forget some of these coaches may move on to bigger and better schools and they will remember this and remember Auburn. 

This staff is working hard and have learned from last year.  We all make mistakes but some never learn and repeat same mistake year after year. 

Definitely and I really like what I'm seeing. Now, we need the NIL boys to back up the effort CBH/staff are making and we'll have something.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Well.... I don't recall them ever having  Power 5 player or D1 for that matter. I get it, but just seems like we could put that time and effort elsewhere but that's JMO .Maybe it will make the naysayers happy

Neither did John Carroll before Tom Banks and Pat Sullivan.  Neither did McAdory before Bo.  I could go on and on.  Cudos to the staff for the time and effort they're putting in.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

My old HS well lookie here hitting NW AL.........

I live in Athens and my best fishing buddy is from Florence 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, toddc said:

I live in Athens and my best fishing buddy is from Florence 

Golf went to high school with Helen Keller. That's kind of the same thing.

• Sad 1

It is not just building relationships with the schools, it is also the coaches.  A small school coach moves up to a big program and we have already established a relationship with the coach.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Man alive, they hitting all the schools. I know Colbert Heights ain't ever had a Power 5 player. Unless it was during leather helmet days

Well it's true

This what winning looks like. Hugging mommas and kissing babies.

this is what recruiting in the south looks like. Oh yeah and paying players. The staff is doing work and doing everything they can to be successful. War Eagle 

• Like 1

Maybe I'm just pumping sunshine but last year up until bowl practices Harsin seemed kinda distant and passive with exception to the firing of Cornelius Williams. I now wonder if that was by design - to sit back and analyze. It would fit into his narrative of "wanting it done now, or done right". Seems like Harsin and the recruiting staff have really stepped up their game

I have faith that Harsin knows what he's doing, after all, he's been around at least two seasoned program builders in Chris Peterson and Mack Jones and maintained the success at Boise State that Dan Hawkins and Peterson built up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This what winning looks like. Hugging mommas and kissing babies.

this is what recruiting in the south looks like. Oh yeah and paying players. The staff is doing work and doing everything they can to be successful. War Eagle 

Lets hope the paying players part is coming along. Because if we can't match or at least be close with NIL money all this hard work will lead to a lot of close misses.

• Thanks 2

• Like 1

• Love 1

45 minutes ago, toddc said:

I believe Coach Roc is going to surprise a bunch of people and be really good.

Just now, bigbird said:

I believe Coach Roc is going to surprise a bunch of people and be really good.

I totally agree. Seems to be really liked by his players while coaching them hard, also letting them know it’s for their own good, and he truly cares for them as young men.

• Like 2

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toddc said:

Are ppl supposed to know who's desk that is?

13 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Are ppl supposed to know who's desk that is?

VIP 😆 

34 minutes ago, toddc said:

VIP 😆 

Saw someone at North Jackson HS replied back and google tells me someone named Joe Hollis Jr. is the HC there?  He was a grad assistant here?

Need to get these coaches working with our social media team to start tagging coaches and school to make them feel important. 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2