Another new support staff hire

au302

Mods, feel free to combine with the Fabianich thread if need be. Figured I'd at least start it out here so that folks could see. Another intriguing hire imo

Edited by au302
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• au302 changed the title to Another new support staff hire

8 minutes ago, au302 said:

Mods, feel free to combine with the Fabianich thread if need be. Figured I'd at least start it out here so that folks could see. Another intriguing hire imo

It appears they will be upgrading personnel and in turn replacing some folks, the next few months should be interesting. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, au302 said:

I like this new direction. Certainly cant see any negatives.

Edited by AU80cruiser
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

It appears they will be upgrading personnel and in turn replacing some folks, the next few months should be interesting. 

Interesting. I remember Jhead on on3 saying a while back that Harsin had retained some of the personnel guys from the previous regime for last year, but that they moved on this offseason. Whether they did so voluntarily or not I do not know. Regardless, it doesn't matter. We're rolling with these new guys for better or worse.

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

Interesting. I remember Jhead on on3 saying a while back that Harsin had retained some of the personnel guys from the previous regime for last year, but that they moved on this offseason. Whether they did so voluntarily or not I do not know. Regardless, it doesn't matter. We're rolling with these new guys for better or worse.

Rolling with a much more professional group from what I see which is s huge positive for the operation. 

• Like 1

Hoke says that we are also in the process of hiring another guy, Sam Beckenstein. He comes from the Miami Dolphins, but also has experience at Bama. Trying to be Saban Jr., lol. Anyways, Hoke says that Beckenstein will focus on the transfer portal if/when we hire him.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Getting the pieces in place for managing what will become semi-professional football (big time college football). Good moves afoot 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

Getting the pieces in place for managing what will become semi-professional football (big time college football). Good moves afoot 

Agree very good moves recently with the hires

• Like 2

The more I think about these personnel hires, the more sense it makes. 

Auburn doesn't have "throw it around" money, regardless of how organized we get with NIL. When we do need contributions, it will certainly be advantageous to be more targeted and methodical with asks and information will be key. 

I hate this direction for college football, but if you're forced to go there, it appears Auburn is approaching it as well as you could hope from a staffing perspective. 

• Like 1

Auburn Live can also report that Auburn football is in the process of hiring former Alabama and Miami Dolphins scouting assistant Sam Beckenstein for a role within the player personnel department.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

CBH is going in the right direction by getting the pros involved on the personnel side. Having people with experience in that world is very valuable.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IronMan70 said:

CBH is going in the right direction by getting the pros involved on the personnel side. Having people with experience in that world is very valuable.

He's a part of it, but to be fair it's more of a move from the AD. Think of it as what you see on a smaller scale with NFL franchises. Head coaches come and go but player relations and scouts stick around a good bit. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

He's a part of it, but to be fair it's more of a move from the AD. Think of it as what you see on a smaller scale with NFL franchises. Head coaches come and go but player relations and scouts stick around a good bit. 

This seems to fit with what I said the other day about the Chris Landry podcast. These evaluaters can also evaluate coaches when the time comes.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

My guess is that it was a co-decision between the admin and CBH. The admin wanted it, but so as to ensure efficiency and being on the same page, asked/told Harsin to make the hire himself, and he chose Fabianich, who he's known for a long time.

The worst thing they could've done would've been to go above BH's head, bring in some rando without BH knowing, causing even more issues. This seems to have been well handled and executed by all parties. Yay for communication and working together. Do it more, Auburn!

Edited by au302
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

It seemed it was presented more as a Harsin hire/restructuring but, to your point, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he and Greene coordinated things. They seem to have a good working relationship.