Who Should Be AUs next AD?

aucanucktiger

1 minute ago, AUgrad2013 said:

Auburn is required to compete with other schools for recruits with compliance departments that are not worried about making themself famous. Rich is more worried about telling students working for the athletic department they can’t give a player a pencil in class than helping auburn be competitive. 

Well apparently this is just a Segway so he probably will be it in name only . But this goes to my main issues with Auburn…if we knew for the last 18 months that AG wasn’t a fit and not showing up to work, why don’t we have a permanent AD ready? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well apparently this is just a Segway so he probably will be it in name only . But this goes to my main issues with Auburn…if we knew for the last 18 months that AG wasn’t a fit and not showing up to work, why don’t we have a permanent AD ready? 

That’s a great point. I just know rich McGlynn getting anymore power is bad for auburn. Also not good for the next AD trying to come in and hit the ground running. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AUgrad2013 said:

That’s a great point. I just know rich McGlynn getting anymore power is bad for auburn. Also not good for the next AD trying to come in and hit the ground running. 

But then I also think this could be a due diligence tactic to name this guy as an eventual permanent AD

• Facepalm 1

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

We couldn't have someone lined up before we have a new president. Then we just have the same issue of a guy running yhe AD whom isn't what the new Pres wants

17 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We couldn't have someone lined up before we have a new president. Then we just have the same issue of a guy running yhe AD whom isn't what the new Pres wants

We have had a president since February (Apparently a guy who was the obvious favorite) and AG just got showed the door in September (Mutually supposedly). That is about a six month span of the elephant in the room. Ample of time IMO.  All this to say, this doesn't pass the sniff test. I am sure Roberts and the BOT know who exactly they want. No way AG walks away and they are just now setting up a national search after the elephant in the room has been going on this long.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

We have had a president since February (Apparently a guy who was the obvious favorite) and AG just got showed the door in September (Mutually supposedly). That is about a six month span of the elephant in the room. Ample of time IMO.  All this to say, this doesn't pass the sniff test. I am sure Roberts and the BOT know who exactly they want. No way AG walks away and they are just now setting up a national search after the elephant in the room has been going on this long.

I could have sworn he was like June.

But yeah I hope there would be a short list

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I could have sworn he was like June.

But yeah I hope there would be a short list

I think his actual official day was may 16th but he was hired in early February. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DAG said:

BOT just needs more time to spin this guy to us.

9BD5BF21-387A-4522-9EE1-0255DDDCA30B.jpeg

Edited by AUDevil
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

image.gif.39f3bac5f49c29ce098c9831cb58ebe9.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

He is a man that does not chase style, but convenience.  Love that sweatshirt around the waist.  It would only be better if it were around his neck on his shoulders.  Don’t know why he didn’t put the sweatshirt on though, it looks a bit nipply out.  Either that or it’s because he is next to Cam Newton.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DAG said:

I think his actual official day was may 16th but he was hired in early February. 

He had zero authority until July 1. 

Question for someone in the know. What's Mcglynns relationship with the shot calling boosters? IF a change was made. I can't see Mcglynn doing it. Wouldn't it make sense to have a permanent AD on board first? Unless the board already has a " yes" man lined up to be the AD..... If that is the case, and a change we're made...... expect someone like Champ to be named coach

12 hours ago, DAG said:

U sure about that? This is Auburn, u know

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Question for someone in the know. What's Mcglynns relationship with the shot calling boosters? IF a change was made. I can't see Mcglynn doing it. Wouldn't it make sense to have a permanent AD on board first? Unless the board already has a " yes" man lined up to be the AD..... If that is the case, and a change we're made...... expect someone like Champ to be named coach

Will isn't going to come no where near AU with Rich in charge of the AD. No coach worth the damn will. People have no idea how many problems Rich has caused over the years. I'm talking about things that aren't even illegal. Then the asshat gets all the credit for Cam and he did everything in his power to sit Cam before the uga game. Jay made the call to play Cam. 

People better wake up and start paying attention if they want to have competitive football and yes basketball teams. 

Edited by WarDamnEagleWDE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Will isn't going to come no where near AU with Rich in charge of the AD. No coach worth the damn will. People have no idea how many problems Rich has caused over the years. I'm talking about things that aren't even illegal. Then the asshat gets all the credit for Cam and he did everything in his power to sit Cam before the uga game. Jay made the call to play Cam. 

People better wake up and start paying attention if they want to have competitive football and yes basketball teams. 

Which goes back to my point.  Don't seem like any change in the coach is made till permanent AD is hired....Don't AD like to get " their" guy to be head coach... Like most things in AU administration,  this one smells like a big ol cluster 

McGynn had all of Auburn's ducks in order or else we'd have been skewered in the Cam Newton fiasco. He does deserve credit for that. However, I don't think that makes him a desirable pick to be Athletic Director, interim or otherwise. In this day and time when the NCAA is a toothless ghost of what it once was a compliance guy is pretty much useless. He'll probably do more harm than good.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

McGynn had all of Auburn's ducks in order or else we'd have been skewered in the Cam Newton fiasco. He does deserve credit for that. However, I don't think that makes him a desirable pick to be Athletic Director, interim or otherwise. In this day and time when the NCAA is a toothless ghost of what it once was a compliance guy is pretty much useless. He'll probably do more harm than good.

Wrong, wrong wrong wrong. I can tell you with 100% fact certain that is incorrect. Biggest myth in AU history. Sure he helped navigate AU with the NCAA but he didn't keep AU from getting skewered. Rich knew AU did nothing wrong but still wanted to sit Cam for the uga game to appease the NCAA. Absolute madness. 

I

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1