A needed read...

bigbird

14 minutes ago, alexava said:

Did the guy seriously not show up at work?

That's the thing, not showing up for work is one thing and not working is another. So much can be done remotely and out of office. Who's to say? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gr82be said:

That's the thing, not showing up for work is one thing and not working is another. So much can be done remotely and out of office. Who's to say? 

To know this, you would have to find out what was asked of him and what were the other SEC ADs doing. Again I have no opinion on AG. But if people were put off by him not coming to work if he was asked to and his peers were... that’s not tearing his character, that’s telling it like it is. I’m assuming he’s a 400-500k$ salary guy? The least you can do is show up. 
       Still though, this has to be a secondary issue. There has to be much more to the story. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

No you miss the point entirely, or actually you make it but on the wrong side. Point is when he wrote stuff that most didn't like about Auburn he was a bum and a fraud. Now he writes something most want to hear and he's the glimmering light on what's actually is

Seems irrational to me herald thoughts that do not agree with your thoughts. Guess it may depend on how you voice your disagreement.  If you voice it by making it personal and attacking the individual (as you brought up above) you definitely sound 2faced with any agreement. It stands as a bright light to the adage “discuss ideas not individuals”.

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

What's more worn out and detrimental to this school is the term Auburn man. Nothing has hurt us more imo. This notion that we are better than everybody else has really set us back

That’s not what that term means at all. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

I haven't even begun to talk about the biggest elephant in the room........it's crazy how as far as African American men in leadership how they have impeccable references and credentials but when they get here they don't show up for work and stuff like that. And nobody questions it or anything.....the wr coach same stuff happened to him....and when the rumors start up everybody just believes it. 

Then the young talented coaches they always can't coach or are behind mentally. Remember what's his face trooper or whatever his name? Then we had Kodi who is an absolute rock star but when he was here he wasn't that good.....The crap show last year but the one coach let go was the coach that had the most inexperienced group and least talent. 

But I know how it is on here I'm just telling people what's being said and how people are starting to view Auburn slowly but surely. And how teams are negatively recruiting us. 

I know I'm not working at a place where I can go my entire life of doing everything right and somebody can make up the dumbest rumor and nobody says well that goes against his entire career.....but instead everybody will just say well that's not hard to believe

Not every African American person is a fit in every situation. As usual you bring race into it. This isn’t about his race. I’m sorry you can’t bring yourself to separate race from every other discussion. 

• Like 6

On 8/28/2022 at 1:32 PM, cole256 said:

I haven't even begun to talk about the biggest elephant in the room........it's crazy how as far as African American men in leadership how they have impeccable references and credentials but when they get here they don't show up for work and stuff like that. And nobody questions it or anything.....the wr coach same stuff happened to him....and when the rumors start up everybody just believes it. 

Then the young talented coaches they always can't coach or are behind mentally. Remember what's his face trooper or whatever his name? Then we had Kodi who is an absolute rock star but when he was here he wasn't that good.....The crap show last year but the one coach let go was the coach that had the most inexperienced group and least talent. 

But I know how it is on here I'm just telling people what's being said and how people are starting to view Auburn slowly but surely. And how teams are negatively recruiting us. 

I know I'm not working at a place where I can go my entire life of doing everything right and somebody can make up the dumbest rumor and nobody says well that goes against his entire career.....but instead everybody will just say well that's not hard to believe

I'll address the elephant. The most scurrilous, unfounded and disgusting rumors I've ever seen were directed towards Bryan Harsin who happens to be white. It was shameful and for the first time in a long time I found myself ashamed of some of the people in and around my university. We still don't know to this day who did this by name and we should know. So no, I don't think the AG episode had anything to do with race.  

It had more to do with AG bucking the system and hiring his own man in CBH. I personally liked the decision but for them,  it was the straw that finally broke the camel's back when added to their other perceived little things and set this in motion. So, the people who went after Harsin finally got their pound of flesh in the form of AG. Maybe that will placate them for awhile but I doubt it. It remains to be seen what the final outcome will be when it comes to our head coach. 

Edited by IronMan70
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

37 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Not every African American person is a fit in every situation. As usual you bring race into it. This isn’t about his race. I’m sorry you can’t bring yourself to separate race from every other discussion. 

How did I know you were coming with this.....how about you do me like I do you. Just ignore me and don't write me

I literally showed a pattern and of course you will still jump in and matter of factly say there's no racism as if you could really even know.

We get it, nobody has had it harder than you, and your ancestors never did anything wrong. You worked hard for everything and never had any privileges granted to you 😒

Edited by cole256
  • Dislike 10

22 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

I'll address the elephant. The most scurrilous, unfounded and disgusting rumors I've ever seen were directed towards Bryan Harsin who happens to be white. It was shameful and I was ashamed for my university. We still don't know to this day who did that and we should. So no, I don't think the AG episode had anything to do with race.

It has more to do with AG bucking the system and hiring his own man in CBH. I personally liked his decision but for them, it was the straw that broke the camels back and set this in motion. The people who went after Harsin finally got their pound of flesh in the form of AG. Maybe that will placate them for awhile but I doubt it. I remains to be seen what the final outcome will be when it comes to our head coach. 

So I didn't just say his being fired was about race, what I did is showed a pattern that has been at Auburn and what is being whispered about Auburn and what's being said as far as recruiting right now.

Now your second paragraph idk, you have to admit even in this very thread people are saying a bunch about Greene besides he bucked the system. It's the African American usual, lazy, didn't show up, in over his head, the good stuff wasn't even him it was another guy......almost the exact stuff that was said about the wr coach and half of the stuff that was said about Kodi......What's the odds of that?

• Facepalm 4
  • Dislike 2

5 hours ago, AUwent said:

Say what you want about Scarb, he NAILED it. 

Since I can't read the rest of the article, I wonder if you'd be willing to say what you think Scarbinsky "nailed" in the article (& I hope that doesn't break the rules about paid content). I've liked Greene a lot, but I also always figure there's more to such a story than what's on the surface. So, I'd be glad to know whatever you are willing to comment on. Same for anyone else who read the whole article.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TigerTennis80 said:

Since I can't read the rest of the article, I wonder if you'd be willing to say what you think Scarbinsky "nailed" in the article (& I hope that doesn't break the rules about paid content). I've liked Greene a lot, but I also always figure there's more to such a story than what's on the surface. So, I'd be glad to know whatever you are willing to comment on. Same for anyone else who read the whole article.

I’m just sick of the phrase “JABA,” and thinking literally anything that happens is the boosters meticulously plotting to destroy the football program while simultaneously supporting every other program (i.e. giving Pearl whatever he wanted to stay).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

It's the African American usual, lazy, didn't show up, in over his head, the good stuff wasn't even him it was another guy......almost the exact stuff that was said about the wr coach and half of the stuff that was said about Kodi......

This may be a naive/dumb question, but is this really a stereotype of men/women of color?

7 hours ago, gr82be said:

I may be one of the few but I always liked Scarbinsky and have posted as such, specifically when he retired from his daily beat with al.com. I didn't always like what I read but it always seemed to be correct. He sometimes held up a mirror to Auburn fans and they didn't like what they saw. You can't fault a man for that, though some like to because it's easier than facing the truth. I don't know AG but until I have a reason to not respect someone I will always give them that. Parting ways doesn't mean there was a bad guy, could be just circumstances that were not conducive to continuing the relationship. 

He didn't pander to bamrfan either. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

This may be a naive/dumb question, but is this really a stereotype of men/women of color?

Fit a lot of people when I was in the work force. Only thing about AG was did not show up to office during covid. Most

of it message board fodder. Trying to digest why all the hoopla when everyone knew he was gone

Sounds like he was hired for a position he wasn’t qualified to handle…hired to fail….hopefully the next person is qualified and can get the job done….wish Allen The best…

• Love 1

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

How did I know you were coming with this.....how about you do me like I do you. Just ignore me and don't write me

I literally showed a pattern and of course you will still jump in and matter of factly say there's no racism as if you could really even know.

We get it, nobody has had it harder than you, and your ancestors never did anything wrong. You worked hard for everything and never had any privileges granted to you 😒

Cole you keep stirring this stuff yourself. I’m just not one to take it lightly. 

• Facepalm 1

New here. Very confused.  I have no inside sources or knowledge or really any idea what has or hasn’t gone on in the athletic department recently.  I do know a lot of our sports programs are up and coming including an SEC basketball championship and another College World Series appearance.  

What I also know is football looks like it’s falling further behind and I have zero clue if Harsin is to blame for that or Greene or Gus or Yella Fella or Biden 🤷‍♂️.

Wish I knew who on here to trust 😂

• Like 1

13 hours ago, abw0004 said:

No

13 hours ago, AUwent said:

I’m just sick of the phrase “JABA,” and thinking literally anything that happens is the boosters meticulously plotting to destroy the football program while simultaneously supporting every other program (i.e. giving Pearl whatever he wanted to stay).

I hate the JABA stuff, it's lazy and lame.  People that use this term think every other program doesn't have things going on and everything is so smoothly run, which is entirely false. 

You can dislike the way things are run or how things develop but to excuse it as JABA is garbage.  It's a self-defeatist term.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, cole256 said:

I genuinely don't think his departure has anything to do with race.

• Like 4