A needed read...

bigbird

4 minutes ago, alexava said:

And you always do.

Nope in your haste to always defend it never happens you didn't actually read what I said and so you form that opinion because what's important to you is vindicating and absolving all people in any situation of racism. You never see it, it doesn't exist, you don't want to ever see anybody talk of it. You were the ultimate defender

Just now, abw0004 said:

I am not sure it would go that far.  Greene wasn't fired months into his contract.  He had the opportunity to finish his entire contract, even when stepping down it is only three months from the contract expiration anyways.  If Roberts was not satisfied, he has the opportunity to bring in his own person, just like an head coach would with his assistants.  There were many factors leading to Roberts' decision, but I don't think any of them were malicious.  I think after Saturday's game, most will have moved on.

maybe one day we will know the truth. but my point is we are AUBURN and people mostly believe a lot of the negative crap that pops out and it bothers me. hell i am still mad about cam. only a fool would take money right after they got busted with another uni trying to buy cam. to me that is common sense but i do not think cam or his dad took anything but people still think he did and will continue to do so. prove something or shut the hell up ya know
?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

maybe one day we will know the truth. but my point is we are AUBURN and people mostly believe a lot of the negative crap that pops out and it bothers me. hell i am still mad about cam. only a fool would take money right after they got busted with another uni trying to buy cam. to me that is common sense but i do not think cam or his dad took anything but people still think he did and will continue to do so. prove something or shut the hell up ya know
?

Time heals all things.  Just give it time and it will be in the past.  Of course there are exceptions of people who cannot let a particular subject go, but that happened in all facets in life.  In time, we have moved on from Malzahn and have moved on from Jay Jacobs.  This too shall pass.  Outside of Auburn, no one cares about this at all.  

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Time heals all things.  Just give it time and it will be in the past.  Of course there are exceptions of people who cannot let a particular subject go, but that happened in all facets in life.  In time, we have moved on from Malzahn and have moved on from Jay Jacobs.  This too shall pass.  Outside of Auburn, no one cares about this at all.  

you must not have many bama friends or work around them because they jump on every little thing.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you must not have many bama friends or work around them because they jump on every little thing.

Mostly UGA fans here in Georgia, but there is a nice Auburn presence too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

do you ever hear the big boys look at nick and kirby and say we are doing it wrong and seriously looking to change the way we do thing?

Well, first of all let me say that I have absolutely no clue what goes on amongst "the big boys", but let me point out one very glaring hole in that philosophy: Auburn isn't UAT or UGA. Not that we aren't formidable in our way, but both of them are state name universities, and with that carries a certain amount of weight that we're just never going to have. We can't follow the blueprint that gives UAT and UGA their advantages because our advantages are different. Again, we aren't less than them, we just kinda gotta find our own way, I think. I'm hoping that we do so with Harsin at the helm, but whether that happens in his time or not, I really don't think we can go about things in the same way as the two examples given and expect to duplicate their results.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Mostly UGA fans here in Georgia, but there is a nice Auburn presence too. 

Living with Georgia fans was worse than living with bammers. At least bammers have the history to back up the arrogance, even if the arrogance is a huge part of why living with them is so intolerable. Georgia fans, at least the majority of them I interacted with when I lived in Macon, are every bit as arrogant and intolerable as bammers were pre-Saban without anyone who can scratch the Bear's jockstrap with regard to national championships at UGA.

Pretty sure I've told this story on here before, but when I started working at Hobby Lobby in Warner Robins, I went to lunch at the Momma Goldberg's that's right close to there (this is summer 2011, if memory serves me properly). Cashier/sandwich maker sees my Auburn shirt and made a crack about it. I don't remember, now, how we got around to it exactly, but he seemed to tone down the rivalry attitude a little, and then he said something indicating that UGA was our biggest rival. I stopped in my tracks, just stared at him for about 10 seconds.

"You realize that a nutjob Bama fan just poisoned centuries old oak trees in retaliation for our national championship run last year, right?"

*Gets faraway look in eyes, half smiles* "Oh yeah. That was pretty funny."

"I grew up playing under the branches of those trees."

He just looked at me with this cocky grin on his face. It was all I could do not to rip his throat out. For some odd reason, I started to sour on Momma Goldberg's after that. I know, he was just an employee, and the owner is an Auburn grad who opened the fledgling restaurant chain originally in Auburn. . . but it just hasn't tasted the same since then. I've eaten it a couple of times at different intervals, but I haven't rediscovered my taste for the Momma's Love. Do still like the nachos, at least, but the only sauce on them is cheese.

Edited by Rednilla
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

Leath knew how to blow smoke.  I wouldn't trust the fellow.  Of course, he is going to say good things about a new hire.  Greene was a good AD in some aspects, but we "have to get our proud house in order." 

One of those quotes was from Q Riggins and there are other articles with other quotes from different BOT members. They said equally glowing things about Leath when they hired him, even knowing he was in a current controversy at ISU while they were hiring him. Getting our house in order is going to be hard without better decision makers. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

Nope in your haste to always defend it never happens you didn't actually read what I said and so you form that opinion because what's important to you is vindicating and absolving all people in any situation of racism. You never see it, it doesn't exist, you don't want to ever see anybody talk of it. You were the ultimate defender

Never and always are pretty  big words. You went first.

CD852270-23FC-42FB-8058-6B003CF4F9FC.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, alexava said:

99C24679-52B7-4E79-8963-545354E341BF.gif.4e9bc58f9d0724c38b273f5a234addf4.gif

34 minutes ago, alexava said:

Exactly. And that's what makes people like you the biggest problem. You're not worried about the racist, you actually give them a blanket of protection trying to silence the people that will stand up to the racist. Actually pretty sad

But once again you didn't actually read what I said because you put on your cape so fast, to even realize nobody was called racist

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I am not sure it would go that far.  Greene wasn't fired months into his contract.  He had the opportunity to finish his entire contract, even when stepping down it is only three months from the contract expiration anyways.  If Roberts was not satisfied, he has the opportunity to bring in his own person, just like an head coach would with his assistants.  There were many factors leading to Roberts' decision, but I don't think any of them were malicious.  I think after Saturday's game, most will have moved on.

Thanks abw. Looks like way way more trying to be read or written into this than it ever deserved. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Thanks abw. Looks like way way more trying to be read or written into this than it ever deserved. 

You are welcome.  A lot of what is being said is still true, but I have not seen one person say he was not nice or a kind person on this forum or the Eagles Nest.  He was a great face for us.  Even his letter sent to alumni a few minutes ago was all class.

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 1

Catching up. There were some really good points brought up in these past few pages, but I've noticed that there seems to be a disturbing trend of assumptions of the racial demographics of this message board.

Unless there was a poll question posted at some point asking everyone to identify their race, we don't know the breakdown. This is an anonymous message board. It's faceless. Assuming each others races is a very dangerous thing to do, imho.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, au302 said:

Catching up. There were some really good points brought up in these past few pages, but I've noticed that there seems to be a disturbing trend of assumptions of the racial demographics of this message board.

Unless there was a poll question posted at some point asking everyone to identify their race, we don't know the breakdown. This is an anonymous message board. It's faceless. Assuming each others races is a very dangerous thing to do, imho.

Unless a person have been around long enough and knows because there is literally a thread that talks about it and thru conversation. All that's on this thread, that's what's disturbing? 😂

Edited by cole256

What's wild is how those 2 crazy statements about race nobody is appalled or care one way or the other but you have multiple people that still needed to voice that it's not racial. I mean this thread speaks for itself really

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Unless a person have been around long enough and knows because there is literally a thread that talks about it and thru conversation. All that's on this thread, that's what's disturbing? 😂

What I think is disturbing is that we assume each others races on the internet. That just seems like a dangerous can of worms to open and unfair thing to do. 

We don't know the racial breakdown of this board. It could be 90% white/10% other, 70/30, 50/50, etc. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, au302 said:

What I think is disturbing is that we assume each others races on the internet. That just seems like a dangerous can of worms to open and unfair thing to do. 

We don't know the racial breakdown of this board. It could be 90% white/10% other, 70/30, 50/50, etc. 

It's possible to make some strong logical inferences but generally I agree that its not good to assume

• Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 7:34 AM, au302 said:

Where is your proof? If you have some and can provide it, I'll gladly accept it and change my tune. And not "an insider/my sources said so". Until then it has not merit.

The proof is my eyes and ears.

9 hours ago, au302 said:

Yeah I understood that. And I think out of all the stuff written in this thread that's what disturbing to you is pretty funny

Race could definitely play a role in Allen Greens exit. Could be donors weren't so giving to a guy that doesn't look like them but as I type that I realize I don't know their race. I only assume they are white because the only two I've seen or know by name are white. Could it also be that Allen Green was allowed to finish his contract because of the optics of firing a black man at a major university? I'd say both things are possible and would explain some of the head scratching info that has come forth. Don't know what to believe.

• Facepalm 3

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

Yeah I understood that. And I think out of all the stuff written in this thread that's what disturbing to you is pretty funny

It appears you have not read my posts in this thread. I literally told the guy that I thought it was horrible to tear down a good Auburn man in ex-ADAG's character on his way out with a bunch of unfounded rumors about him showing up to work or not.

Multiple things can be disturbing to a person at once. 

2 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Race could definitely play a role in Allen Greens exit. Could be donors weren't so giving to a guy that doesn't look like them but as I type that I realize I don't know their race. I only assume they are white because the only two I've seen or know by name are white. Could it also be that Allen Green was allowed to finish his contract because of the optics of firing a black man at a major university? I'd say both things are possible and would explain some of the head scratching info that has come forth. Don't know what to believe.

Nah. Race is unimaginable, it makes more sense that he just randomly stopped showing up for work and all of his previous accomplishments were actually the old white guy using him as a puppet. Literally like the old Scooby doo cartoons....taking the mask off and everything😂

Your posts already got face palms by mods but the dude saying there are few biggots existing but the people that people that point them out are just as bad and more of them exist and that probably got likes. The guy saying if you find racism you're the racist certainly did. Then look and see who liked it, then read the political board 😂

Edited by cole256