Why wouldn’t you start Ashford in Week 2?

RunInRed

Underthrow on the 2nd INT.  Also Finley balls had 2 or 3 drops.  Sucks for TJ, as it on my drags the narrative, but still over 60% with those drops. Over 70% without. 

Screenshot_20220905-135157.png

Johnson let up a little thinking he was clear...hence his disappointment after catch. 

Screenshot_20220905-135320.png

Incomplete deep ball (PI call) by Robby into double coverage with Moore wide open on the out.  

Screenshot_20220905-135411.png

The BS fumbled punt...amazing he got.it through that gap, but still...fumbled ball  should be a free target.  

Screenshot_20220905-135507.png

Ball Robby fit between defenders to Shenker...again Moore wide open at the bottom.  Good throw, but not the smart one.  That ball is picked or batted down in sec play.

Screenshot_20220905-135605.png

Robby underthrow receiver on out and up single man coverage.  Could be miscommunication.

Screenshot_20220905-135701.png

This one just feels to me like a Bo Nix play.  Maybe it was designed that way, but 2 receivers and open field to the left.  May have been a boot.  Have to rewatch. 

Screenshot_20220905-135733.png

I'm cheering for both to have continued success and run a two QB system a la Leak/Tebow.  

Nobody should ever dog an Auburn player unless their attitude is out of balance, and they're causing I ternal stress.  

Tese are very fixable issues.  Let's see how they respond in game 2

Both have minor issues to fix.  Repetition and confidence.  Special Year 

Don't waste your time hating and arguing.  Enjoy Auburn how you like to enjoy it...just don't start s*** because you're insecure and need to engage.  

War Damn TJ

War Damn Robby

WAR DAMN EVERYBODY 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

All I can say is I called this

What exactly did you call?

15 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

Underthrow on the 2nd INT.  

Screenshot_20220905-135157.png

This the full game?  Link to it on youtube? or watching on ESP+?

Lmao look how underthrown this ball is.  How far was this throw?  Should have been a TD.  I still don't understand ppl faulting him for making this throw or saying it was the same read as his 1st pick.  Horrendous throw, but the WR was open

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

TJ had a real healthy amount of timing passes that were: A. Open and B. Generally accurate. A receiver getting separation and TJ completing throws to open receivers is something you have to at least commend 

but I personally figured there'd be at least 2 deep balls completed by Finley, at least I hoped for such if he was gonna have a "good" game. 

Kinda funny that we're a top 25 program in the country and the bare minimum is commendable in regards to quarterback play. 

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Lmao look how underthrown this ball is.  How far was this throw?  Should have been a TD.  I still don't understand ppl faulting him for making this throw or saying it was the same read as his 1st pick.  Horrendous throw, but the WR was open

Film quality of this game is blah wherever you find it.  Most of the full games on YT omit the first quarter or half.  This is off the 19 minute highlight.

Edited by kennypowers
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kennypowers said:

Harsin wanted Robby to have the chnc to throw but coming in later and throwing would be seen as poor sportsmanship, so they just let him ride a little earlier.  

I understand your point but can’t see that as the case, or we ( Auburn) are just too nice as a team. I remember all too well Tua coming in early in his career against Vandy, I think, and throwing it all over the place when they were way up. We have to stop this if it’s the case, because other teams don’t give a rats a$$ what the score is. They let their QB2 get REAL reps. We should too. It’s the other team’s responsibility to stop us, as Spurrier used to say

T.J. will start based on the tea leaves shown in the comments. The coaching staff fully trust T.J. as he earned it and I believe he should get the benefit of a doubt. I expect a resounding response and for Robby to also participate in his role as well.

• Like 2

2 was an arbitrary number that was just something personal I set, but the general idea was: we needed the deep ball to look vastly improved more than anything in these two burner games. At least to make Penn St and LSU think it's something that'll be part of the gameplan, if not for personal improvement. 

No matter how long TJ is out there vs SJSU, I hope we draw up at least...4 of those type of plays? Four feels like a good amount of attempts if he's only in for 2 complete quarters 

1 hour ago, HabitualChiller said:

Kinda funny that we're a top 25 program in the country and the bare minimum is commendable in regards to quarterback play. 

I don't think we're a top 25 team this season (currently) if you look at who's the projected top 25 going into next week. You get disappointed when you have unreasonable expectations

Now, if you're looking at this in some long dated historical context (which I wouldn't understand why, as Auburn isn't QBU, WRU, or passing game U by any stretch of the imagination), that maybe why you are disappointed. But the fact of the matter is, Auburn hasn't had a guy who's consistently hit open receivers in four years no matter the competition, so you have to take baby steps where they are 

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

If you look at the other. 

image.png

He didn't recognize the MoF robber.  The receiver had the corner trailing and the play side safety would've been on his back.  A deeper, over the top of the MoF safety, throw makes it very catchable.

Problem is he didn't see the MoF saftey robbing and stared down his target.

• Like 5

Beginning of the year gonna be a bunch of mistakes. The one thing I'm hoping isn't the case is that he's not seeing it in practice.

I hope our secondary haven't been horrible. You need iron to sharpen iron

57 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Good Lord!! Nobody’s crying for Calzada to be the starter.

Literally this thread is calling for another starter.....you guys are hilarious

• Like 1

For me, I think TJ through everything has earned the week 2 start, tho I think Robby's play in week 2 will increase, but if TJ doesn't wow and Robby makes some dynamic plays, I think he's the starter for penn state 

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, bigbird said:

image.png

He didn't recognize the MoF robber.  The receiver had the corner trailing and the play side safety would've been on his back.  A deeper, over the top of the MoF safety, throw makes it very catchable.

Which teams has been scouting us the last 4 years as to not being able to attack a defense deep. It's going to bevery hard for us to hit intermediate stuff in the middle of the field right now. But slowly and surely as we start hitting some deep passes things will open up for us and it won't be as hard to make those passes. 

It's crazy to be judging a guy this harshly this early. I say he needs at least 3 games to be evaluated fairly. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bigbird said:

image.png

I don't disagree on the first pick. That was a bad read/decision 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's crazy to be judging a guy this harshly this early. I say he needs at least 3 games to be evaluated fairly

Coaching staff seems to feel the same. Let's say he has a similar performance next week, drops lessen/doesn't throw into 4c coverage and makes a good 2nd deep ball. Finishes 75% a few TDs, 10ypa....maybe he grows?

I'll be worried next week if we have a similar performance and PSU will be influx. But this guy is going to grow each week and already looks better than last year.

He could barely complete a forward pass

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

stared down his target.

This was an issue.  The fundamentals CBH mentioned in the interview can be fixed. It looks like it’s a confidence thing that once something doesn’t work he gets in his own head. 

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

All I can say is I called this

You are this board’s Nostradamus, at least according to you. Any thread you’re in seems to have that same sentence in it. Self righteous,any?

12 minutes ago, jluvah said:

You are this board’s Nostradamus, at least according to you. Any thread you’re in seems to have that same sentence in it. Self righteous,any?

Ok. And after your butt hurt, I still called this

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Coaching staff seems to feel the same. Let's say he has a similar performance next week, drops lessen/doesn't throw into 4c coverage and makes a good 2nd deep ball. Finishes 75% a few TDs, 10ypa....maybe he grows?

I'll be worried next week if we have a similar performance and PSU will be influx. But this guy is going to grow each week and already looks better than last year.

He could barely complete a forward pass

He completed like ten passes in a row makes the bad throws and it's get rid of this guy 😂  sheesh. From the same people who blamed everybody but the QB and beat their chest for a QB making a 7 yard completion last year.

It's not like we had this super high bar of play that we're used to.....like give it a break

Edited by cole256
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He completed like ten passes in a row makes the bad throws and it's get rid of this guy 😂  sheesh. From the same people who blamed everybody but the QB and beat their chest for a QB making a 7 yard completion.

It's not like we had this super high bar of play that we're used to.....like give it a break

I've also only seen 1 other person do a "drop adjusted Comp%" that Bo was famous for.  We'd have everyone claiming he was really 12-14 if you take away the two drops and the last INT shouldn't count b/c JSS drop.

s***, I'd probably be doing some of it.

Like we're having ppl say he hasn't grown at all. Same old TJ.  Like, y'all effing watching this same game???  Ppl have an agenda they told themselves all offseason that Calzada was going to be the man and TJ wasn't good....now they have to twist the narrative to fit it.