The Harsin Question

Malcolm_FleX48

There is nothing new under the sun. If you can't block their guys, and they can block your guys, you are toast. We were toast early. Our LBs run to the line of scrimmage and engage O linemen while the rb runs in the space they vacated. I try desperately to be positive, but I can't find anything to be excited about. 

Edited by JuscAUse!
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Honestly, I was betting on either Freeze or pulling Kellen Moore from Dallas. 

Art Briles needs a job I hear...lol I am just throwing names out. I know nothing.

• Haha 1

When i check the Auburn score now, i have to go to the SEC pages on the sports sites. We no longer make the first take cut...

• Like 1

Just now, aucanucktiger said:

If ref calls hold on Bama for obvious Ironbowl safety at end of regulation are we even having this conversation? 

Yes. We just got beat by 29 at home by a non-conference opponent, that to be fair, is at least mediocre. We arent even mediocre anymore.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, AU-24 said:

😂 Harsin hasn’t proved one way or the other? 😂 Another difference between you and me…  I believe what my eyes have seen the past two years.

Exactly.

I'd say the Harsin fans have refused to understand what a bad hire he was from the very beginning. He was given an underserved and unearned pass.

Now we're being called out for always seeing him for what he is......

That really is something. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Exactly.

I'd say the Harsin fans have refused to understand what a bad hire he was from the very beginning. He was given an underserved and unearned pass.

Now we're being called out for always seeing him for what he is......

That really is something. 

Spot on!

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Spot on!

I definitely gave him the benefit of the doubt.  I hoped he was going to be one of those surprise coaches. He said the right thing s. He was arrogant with a questionable resume,  but that is ok if you can back it up.  But……it appears he was all hat and no cattle. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tigerrules said:

I definitely gave him the benefit of the doubt.  I hoped he was going to be one of those surprise coaches. He said the right thing s. He was arrogant with a questionable resume,  but that is ok if you can back it up.  But……it appears he was all hat and no cattle. 

Good for you, admitting it and moving on. I would rather be totally wrong about him and he be the next Urban Meyer, but I wasn’t impressed with him from the opening press conference through today’s ball game.

Just now, AU-24 said:

At least we can laugh about it.

I have a sick, twisted sense or humor and find a lot of comedic value in the tragic. If you can't laugh, especially about Auburn, then you're relegated to a really dark, resentful place. Everybody makes mistakes, people and institutions. The worst thing is when they do not admit, learn, and make a genuine attempt to not repeat them.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Good for you, admitting it and moving on. I would rather be totally wrong about him and he be the next Urban Meyer, but I wasn’t impressed with him from the opening press conference through today’s ball game.

Concerning that elite coaches do not seem to be willing to deal with the “Auburn overhead” and come to Auburn. Hopefully an new AD will be the difference. I am not optimistic. 

4 minutes ago, AUx said:

I have a sick, twisted sense or humor and find a lot of comedic value in the tragic. If you can't laugh, especially about Auburn, then you're relegated to a really dark, resentful place. Everybody makes mistakes, people and institutions. The worst thing is when they do not admit, learn, and make a genuine attempt to not repeat them.

Nothing wrong with that, I thought it was funny.

4 minutes ago, AUx said:

Everybody makes mistakes, people and institutions. The worst thing is when they do not admit, learn, and make a genuine attempt to not repeat them.

Herein lies the problem

2 hours ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Honestly, I was betting on either Freeze or pulling Kellen Moore from Dallas. 

Kellen Moore?! 

1 minute ago, tigerrules said:

Concerning that elite coaches do not seem to be willing to deal with the “Auburn overhead” and come to Auburn. Hopefully an new AD will be the difference. I am not optimistic. 

I posted before at one time Jimbo, Freeze, Smart, Steele and others all wanted to be HC at Auburn. We just didn’t hire them. Hopefully the Auburn money people have learned, they can open the vault to get rid of coaches, they need to open the vault to bring in the right one.

3 hours ago, tsande07 said:

~$7.25 million a year through 2025

We’ve stolen Ole Miss’s Coach before. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AUwent said:

So you're in the Freeze camp?

I'm in the camp that thinks there are people on the AU ;payroll who are getting paid six-figure salaries to know how to go about identifying and hiring successful coaches. Just like with Harsin, when the time comes I'll support the new guy until he proves he's not a good fit. As for my personal favorite, I don't have one.

• Haha 1