Orange -Out Game Against PSU

toddc

At no point in 2015 did we think “oh man, just blew a seemingly guaranteed CFP spot last season to an unranked A&M, got virtually shutout by our rival the next week, was the preseason favorite to win the conference and get our fourth heisman, now those are both gone…maybe we should try orange jerseys” 

but for some reason…the most logical explanation going into what has been largely thought of as our most raucous home game of the season…going to need orange jerseys to bring the butts to the seats

alright then. 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

At no point in 2015 did we think “oh man, just blew a seemingly guaranteed CFP spot last season to an unranked A&M, got virtually shutout by our rival the next week, was the preseason favorite to win the conference and get our fourth heisman, now those are both gone…maybe we should try orange jerseys” 

but for some reason…the most logical explanation going into what has been largely thought of as our most raucous home game of the season…going to need orange jerseys to bring the butts to the seats

alright then. 

The team captains are asking for it publicly. They’re asking for alternate unis for one game like pretty much every other CFB team. Why does a request from our team leaders bother you that much?

28 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Why would you list a multitude of years that didn’t fit in the range I clearly listed? Yeah we look real bad right not compared to when we were consistently successful..we hadn’t been consistently successful in quite a while 

If you are saying that we are starting to show some noticeable downtrend, one that would require some desperate intervention, and I can provide you a span of time where we were just as average, then it doesn’t exactly make sense to say we’re in a noticeable down trend. If potentially 3 straight meager seasons is what you are calling a span of alarm, we already had that (in the time I listed). I don’t see how we are more irrelevant in the 2 1/6 years of football we’ve played in the 2020s, than how we were from 2014 to 2016. 

There were worse starts in 2015 (if you want to depict a 2-0 team that struggled mightily against a bad team) and in 2016 (1-2 out the gate, with one of the losses being the most embarrassing offensive display had by the then head coach at that point).

All in all, there’s no logical reason to believe that there’s more of a reason to do something desperate than there would’ve been at virtually any point from 2015 on 

We’re on the verge of a significant downturn, one we haven’t experienced in a long while. More severe than what you cite. 2014 was a year removed from a national title game - a year we were in the CFP’s top four into November. That’s not irrelevant. Neither was 2016. We went into Athens ranked in the top 10. Those years didn’t end well, but relevancy is factoring into title races. 

But we’re getting in the weeds on how to define irrelevancy.

Point is, whatever you want to call it, what we are on the verge of now is different. We are now 4 years removed from a season of 10+ wins or a title (division, conference, or national title). That’s already the longest gap since 74-83, which most consider to be one of the worst eras of Auburn football. And I doubt we get 10 wins this year.

We aren’t officially in an Auburn recession yet, but we’re close.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

alright then. 

It’s not butts in the seats. It’s more for the players.

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

See, you’re gonna lose me. People can’t just have a one-off. Now it’s “who cares about tradition”? Most Auburn fans do.

If you want to mention baseball, the Yankees, Dodgers, and most all the big MLB brands will have one-off uniforms every now and then. But their default uniforms have remained basically the same for 100+ years.

The Traditionalist I am talking about do NOT want one-offs. That is why they are traditionalist. The baseball fans who say we SHOULD NEVER USE replay because it takes away from human error.  This is the vegetarian vs pescatarian argument. Secondly I didn't say anything about not caring for tradition. I said who cares about traditionalist? There is a HUGE difference. Big difference between tiger walk/eagle flight/rolling toomers corner/yelling war eagle as a greeting which is Auburn's DNA versus whether we wear orange jerseys, have orange shoe laces or god forbid have a white or orange face mask. 

Edited by DAG

So going into the Archives, it looks like the last orange was during the Barfield days. Players would wear blue than run out in orange causing the fan base to go crazy. Repeat it this Saturday.

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, DAG said:

So going into the Archives, it looks like the last orange was during the Barfield days. Players would wear blue than run out in orange causing the fan base to go crazy. Repeat it this Saturday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

We’re on the verge of a significant downturn, one we haven’t experienced in a long while. More severe than what you cite. 2014 was a year removed from a national title game - a year we were in the CFP’s top four into November. That’s not irrelevant. Neither was 2016. We went into Athens ranked in the top 10. Those years didn’t end well, but relevancy is factoring into title races. 

But we’re getting in the weeds on how to define irrelevancy.

Point is, whatever you want to call it, what we are on the verge of now is different. We are now 4 years removed from a season of 10+ wins or a title (division, conference, or national title). That’s already the longest gap since 74-83, which most consider to be one of the worst eras of Auburn football. And I doubt we get 10 wins this year.

We aren’t officially in an Auburn recession yet, but we’re close.

A dude just like you cost me thousands in the stock market a few years ago ago. I pulled out of the stock market cause there was no doubt, none , I mean none!......no freaking way, that it was gonna do anything but tank.

His advice and me taking it took me out of one of the biggest market surges in history. 

But you could be right. I'll just pull for my Tigers and wait and see, if you don't mind. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

The team captains are asking for it publicly. They’re asking for alternate unis for one game like pretty much every other CFB team. Why does a request from our team leaders bother you that much?

You should look at the prior messages in this conversation. You would understand the tone of that post much better.

• Like 1

I can't wait to hear all the people gripe if it doesn't happen.  

Can you believe CBH? Obviously he doesn't care what the players want. He's got to go!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I can't wait to hear all the people grip if it doesn't happen.  

Can you believe CBH? Obviously he doesn't care what the players want. He's got to go!

Right! Not sure who makes the final decision on this anyways but I don’t remember the hype ever being this high on wearing them

• Like 1

This game is going to be raucous for sure!

7 minutes ago, toddc said:

This game is going to be raucous for sure!

I want our crowd to be down right disruptive. I'm talking I want Penn State to struggle to talk during timeouts

Edited by AUFightingSoldiers
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

On 9/14/2022 at 8:14 PM, bigbird said:

I can't wait to hear all the people gripe if it doesn't happen.  

Dammit CBH doesn't care about us or the team. 😁 I'll just go ahead and get ahead of it. 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

Dammit CBH doesn't care about us or the team. 😁 I'll just go ahead and get ahead of it. 😂

He's gotta go!

• Haha 1

I'm all for orange-out in the stadium. I'm fine with orange face masks, although I really don't care and to me it doesn't really fit with my image of Auburn football.

But the only thing worse than orange jerseys would be orange jerseys with orange pants!  Yikes! Double yikes!

Just gimme a game filled with mean, nasty, effective play, surgical passing on offense, concussive running game, murderous DL/LB, eagle-clawing secondary play, angry plays for loss, stifling special teams. Tear the panthers to pieces. Make them limp home licking their wounds.

Uniforms will have nothing to do with any of that. Will it happen? I sure HOPE so! WDE!

Edited by AURex
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, AURex said:

I'm all for orange-out in the stadium. I'm fine with orange face masks, although I really don't care and to me it doesn't really fit with my image of Auburn football.

But the only thing worse than orange jerseys would be orange jerseys with orange pants!  Yikes! Double yikes!

Just gimme a game filled with mean, nasty, effective play, surgical passing on offense, concussive running game, murderous DL/LB, eagle-clawing secondary play, angry plays for loss, stifling special teams. Tear the panthers to pieces. Make them limp home licking their wounds.

Uniforms will have nothing to do with any of that. Will it happen? I sure HOPE so! WDE!

And be sure to hold the hydration until they are at least 14 pts. Ahead. lol (old school)

On 9/14/2022 at 3:13 PM, BigBlueWDE said:

Orange endzones like the Rose Bowl would be cool

I really liked that endzone look.