I'm a Dad!

texaubie

My wife and I adopted a newborn baby girl, Camille Renee, last night.  It was an open adoption and we met the birth mom about 2 weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon through our agency.  We had not heard from her since then but she called on Wednesday afternoon and asked us to meet her at the hospital in Houston.  We were in the delivery room with her and Camille was born at about 6 PM Wednesday.  The state will not allow the birth mom to sign over her parental rights for 48 hours after birth.  Therefore, she signed the paper work last night and we were given the baby at about 7 PM.  She is home with us now.  God works in mysterious ways because yesterday was my wife's birthday!

If anybody is considering adoption, I highly recommend the agency we used in San Antonio.  We went to adoption orientation on May 21 and took our baby home 2 months later.  They only accept married couples who can not have children on their own.  We tried to get pregnant for 3 years but my wife had some problems and had to get a hysterectomy last January.  Therefore, we started looking into adoption.  If you want any information on the agency, I'll be happy to share my experience.

If y'all want to see pictures, send me an e-mail address where somebody can post them - I have no clue how to do it...

WAR EAGLE!!!

171614[/snapback]

Congrats and enjoy...the time goes by faster than you can even

imagine.... :rolleyes:

:au::homer:

Congratulations! I am married to a wonderful wife that was adopted at birth. She has a huge heart for others and always finds praise for them. We have three children of our own. We are very blessed and we say our prayers daily. Enjoy the childhood as they do indeed fly by too fast. May God bless your family!

What wonderful news! Congratulations on the new addition. Looking forward to pictures.

I love the name! We were considering Camille had Ethan have been a girl and Renee is my middle name but I don't think we ever considered the two together! Give her a hug from all of us at AUnation!

She is beautiful! Congrats again.

WOW!! She is just beautiful!! I am so thrilled for you both - nothing like the bonding that takes place at 4am and again at 5:30 am and then at 7am... :D Getting their days and nights turned around is NOT easy, but it will happen eventually - only took us ten months... :big:

And yeah, green poopie stains all those pretty little pink and white outfits - may I recommend Clorox bleach for Colors? Been there!!!

Best wishes for the whole tex family - so glad we've got us another Houston AU Girl!!!

The people who adopt are putting a special touch on someone's life. When we have our own, love is sometimes taken as a given. But to choose to love another is a special gift. You have that gift. God bless you and your family.

The people who adopt are putting a special touch on someone's life. When we have our own, love is sometimes taken as a given. But to choose to love another is a special gift. You have that gift. God bless you and your family.

172065[/snapback]

Thanks! :bigblush:

Our decison to adopt was easy. The birth mom who decided to give her child a better life (hopefully) than she could provide made the tough decision. I asked her if she was comfortable with her decision to give her child to us. Her response was that "nothing about it was comfortable but it was the right decision for her baby". She then said "Camille will get to go to college and I could never get her there". That takes guts.

172065[/snapback]

Thanks! :bigblush:

Our decison to adopt was easy. The birth mom who decided to give her child a better life (hopefully) than she could provide made the tough decision. I asked her if she was comfortable with her decision to give her child to us. Her response was that "nothing about it was comfortable but it was the right decision for her baby". She then said "Camille will get to go to college and I could never get her there". That takes guts.

172092[/snapback]

Tex, you are welcome, and may God bless your new family and keep you together always.

Congratulation on your new baby. She is precious.

I would like to know the name of your adoption agency. My son has just adopted from China because they didn't want to wait 2 or 3 years they thought was necessary for an American adoption. You can respond in private to:

war-eagle@juno.com.

You had a question about how to post your pictures. If you go to webshots.com you can download a program that is fairly easy to understand. There you can upload pictures to a web page and invite friends to view. I used it for my new grandchild.

Thank you for your post.

Quiet tiger

What is the name of the clinic?

My wife and I adopted a newborn baby girl, Camille Renee, last night.  It was an open adoption and we met the birth mom about 2 weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon through our agency.  We had not heard from her since then but she called on Wednesday afternoon and asked us to meet her at the hospital in Houston.  We were in the delivery room with her and Camille was born at about 6 PM Wednesday.  The state will not allow the birth mom to sign over her parental rights for 48 hours after birth.  Therefore, she signed the paper work last night and we were given the baby at about 7 PM.  She is home with us now.  God works in mysterious ways because yesterday was my wife's birthday!

If anybody is considering adoption, I highly recommend the agency we used in San Antonio.  We went to adoption orientation on May 21 and took our baby home 2 months later.  They only accept married couples who can not have children on their own.  We tried to get pregnant for 3 years but my wife had some problems and had to get a hysterectomy last January.  Therefore, we started looking into adoption.  If you want any information on the agency, I'll be happy to share my experience.

If y'all want to see pictures, send me an e-mail address where somebody can post them - I have no clue how to do it...

WAR EAGLE!!!

171614[/snapback]

Sorry for the delay in responding to the past few posts...

We used the Abrazo Adoption Agency in San Antonio.

Abrazo

I was very pleased with them. My wife did a lot of research and looked into international adoption as well before deciding on this agency. I think their average placement is in about 6 months. We placed in 2 months but were the first to place in our orientation group. Out of the 12 couples in our orientation group, 3 were from TX, the rest were from around the US and one couple was from Germany. Let me know if I can help with any advice. I'll be happy to share my experience.

Archived