I'm a Dad!

texaubie

My wife and I adopted a newborn baby girl, Camille Renee, last night. It was an open adoption and we met the birth mom about 2 weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon through our agency. We had not heard from her since then but she called on Wednesday afternoon and asked us to meet her at the hospital in Houston. We were in the delivery room with her and Camille was born at about 6 PM Wednesday. The state will not allow the birth mom to sign over her parental rights for 48 hours after birth. Therefore, she signed the paper work last night and we were given the baby at about 7 PM. She is home with us now. God works in mysterious ways because yesterday was my wife's birthday!

If anybody is considering adoption, I highly recommend the agency we used in San Antonio. We went to adoption orientation on May 21 and took our baby home 2 months later. They only accept married couples who can not have children on their own. We tried to get pregnant for 3 years but my wife had some problems and had to get a hysterectomy last January. Therefore, we started looking into adoption. If you want any information on the agency, I'll be happy to share my experience.

If y'all want to see pictures, send me an e-mail address where somebody can post them - I have no clue how to do it...

WAR EAGLE!!!

My wife and I adopted a newborn baby girl, Camille Renee, last night.  It was an open adoption and we met the birth mom about 2 weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon through our agency.  We had not heard from her since then but she called on Wednesday afternoon and asked us to meet her at the hospital in Houston.  We were in the delivery room with her and Camille was born at about 6 PM Wednesday.  The state will not allow the birth mom to sign over her parental rights for 48 hours after birth.  Therefore, she signed the paper work last night and we were given the baby at about 7 PM.  She is home with us now.  God works in mysterious ways because yesterday was my wife's birthday!

If anybody is considering adoption, I highly recommend the agency we used in San Antonio.  We went to adoption orientation on May 21 and took our baby home 2 months later.  They only accept married couples who can not have children on their own.  We tried to get pregnant for 3 years but my wife had some problems and had to get a hysterectomy last January.  Therefore, we started looking into adoption.  If you want any information on the agency, I'll be happy to share my experience.

If y'all want to see pictures, send me an e-mail address where somebody can post them - I have no clue how to do it...

WAR EAGLE!!!

171614[/snapback]

Congratulations, texaubie! That's great news! :)

Tex, as an adopted person, I have to say:

Way to GO!!!!

Congrats on your new family member. I am happy for you, and BLESS YOU!!

Congrats!!! Parenthood is the greatest and toughest job there is, but the rewards are too many to number.

It is going good so far. It is still pretty surreal to me. Friday night she slept all night except for 2 feedings which my wife and I took turns doing. Yesterday, I was telling everybody how easy she was on us. Well, she paid us back last night. We were going to bed at about 11:30 and she was getting up. She decided we could go back to bed at about 6 AM this morning. She is doing good tho. Eating and pooping well. I never thought I would have an eat/poop journal...

Congrats and prayers of thanks for you and the wife.

I pray that the girl will get on with her life and be at peace with it all as well.

Tex, why not put this on the main forums? The rest of your AU Family would love to know as well.

My wife and I adopted a newborn baby girl, Camille Renee, Friday night. It was an open adoption and we met the birth mom about 2 weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon through our agency. We had not heard from her since then but she called on Wednesday afternoon and asked us to meet her at the hospital in Houston. We were in the delivery room with her and Camille was born at about 6 PM Wednesday. We brought her home Friday night. God works in mysterious ways because Friday was my wife's birthday!

If anybody is considering adoption, I highly recommend the agency we used in San Antonio. We went to adoption orientation on May 21 and took our baby home 2 months later. I'll be happy to share my experience.

WAR EAGLE!!!

Tex, why not put this on the main forums? The rest of your AU Family would love to know as well.

171675[/snapback]

Good idea! I haven't hit earth yet!! :roflol:

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

Congratulations texaubie. I think maybe finding a way to work the picture into your sig is a great idea. Hope all goes well and don't worry your sleep schedule will be back to normal in only...18 years!

Guest Tigrinum Major

Congrats. Children are a wonderful blessing from the good Lord. May your new life be filled with softball games, reading books at bedtime, hugs and kisses, joys and heartaches (makes you appreciate the good times), love and happiness from this point forward.

Congrats tex!

Congrats!!! And don't worry too much, the middle of the night feedings don't go on forever :big: My fourth is just about to the "sleep through the night phase" :lol:

Congrats! May God Bless you and your family. Raise her right. We need new :au: Tigers!

Congrats Tex I am still waiting on my little one. He is still baking in my oven, he was due yesterday. But hopefully this time next week I will have him in my arms.

Thanks everybody.

I'll try and figure out the picture thing this afternoon.

Now if I could just figure out how to keep the dang LSU bib off her that my BIL brought over...the AU outfits are in the mail...

Archived