For all the Coach Prime fans …

RunInRed

1 hour ago, Hay Field 101 said:

I have enough in savings to cover the cost of fuel for the jet to go get him and bring him back. I will have to sell my season tickets but maybe I can apply that as my contribution. 

I’ll hit the thrift stores for 80s club gear & gold blingage…

deion-sanders.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/29/2022 at 7:38 PM, JDUBB4AU said:

Prime come to AU. AU needs discipline and New blood. 

It would be so amazing and shocking at the same time. 
we need a positive light on auburn 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

This group pining for AU to hire Sanders is reaching cult status!

I won't hate it if he's hired but I do think it's high-risk, high-reward decision. It could blow up just as sensationally as it could succeed.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I won't hate it if he's hired but I do think it's high-risk, high-reward decision. It could blow up just as sensationally as it could succeed.

You mean like every other hire we have ever made?  When have we have ever hired somebody that was a home run, and we knew it from the day they agreed to come here?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I won't hate it if he's hired but I do think it's high-risk, high-reward decision. It could blow up just as easily as it could succeed.

I believe most agree that he could drive elite recruiting and could assemble an elite, senior coordinator staff. He already has national momentum. To you, is the high-risk his persona and how it rubs the PTB or is it his lack of administratively running a big time program, or something else?

Edited by auburnatl1

1 minute ago, miscram6 said:

You mean like every other hire we have ever made?  When have we have ever hired somebody that was a home run, and we knew it from the day they agreed to come here?

You mean like Texas A&M with Jimbo? Florida with Mullen? That's what those schools thought they did. Hiring a head coach at this level is a crap shoot. The average school goes through four to five coaches before they hit on a keeper. Lets hope AU gets lucky and we'll find our guy on just the second try.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

his lack of administratively running a big time program,

That's it, boiled down in a nutshell.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

That's it, boiled down in a nutshell.

Got it. I was assuming he could attract some senior coordinators who’ve been there/done that. But I understand your concern.

4 hours ago, miscram6 said:

Most everyone thought Pat Dye was a home run hire, but that was probably way before your time.

Edited by autan
typo

18 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Would War Prime become a thing because I don't know if I like that or not? 🤣

I don’t know, but “prime time on the plains” should be a thing. 

• Like 3

Just now, Auburn Tiger said:

I don’t know, but “prime time on the plains” should be a thing. 

I'd say just let Prime come up with his on thing... 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, autan said:

Most everyone thought Pat Dye was a home run hire, but that was probably way before your time.

Back when Dye was hired I was still plugged in very well on campus and with "people that did things". Several coaching prospects were interviewed and the committee was unanimous that Dye was the best of the lot. He simply blew the competition away. That surprised a number of people but in the end everybody that mattered was in agreement.

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

I do think it's high-risk, high-reward decision. It could blow up just as sensationally as it could succeed.

You rang?

malzahn.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, autan said:

Nope, not before my time.  And don't misunderstand me, I understand and appreciate the haloed position of Pat Dye.  But Dye was NOT our first choice, at the time. We only offered him after Vince Dooley turned us down:

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1980/12/03/Georgia-Coach-Turns-Down-Auburn/2218344667600/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

You rang?

malzahn.jpg

Yes I did. Eight years without a losing season. One SEC championship and an appearance in another SEC game. An appearance in the National Championship game. No NCAA troubles or other disasters. We all wanted more wins but Coach Malzahn's time at Auburn was a long, long way from being a disaster.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, miscram6 said:

Nope, not before my time.  And don't misunderstand me, I understand and appreciate the haloed position of Pat Dye.  But Dye was NOT our first choice, at the time. We only offered him after Vince Dooley turned us down:

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1980/12/03/Georgia-Coach-Turns-Down-Auburn/2218344667600/

As I recall, Vince was never really a serious candidate. He did use the AU vacancy to pry a raise and concessions from UGA but I don't think anybody really thought he'd take the job.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mikey said:

That's it (his lack of administratively running a big time program) boiled down in a nutshell.

Gus had a single season as a HC…in the Sun Belt.

FAR less than the guy who got canned yesterday. 

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

Gus had a single season as a HC…in the Sun Belt.

FAR less than the guy who got canned yesterday. 

Gus also had several years of experience as an OC in the SEC. He knew who was who and what was what. Sanders will have to learn those ins and outs. As for the guy who just got fired, his experience at Boise apparently didn't make up for his being a total jerk.

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Gus also had several years of experience as an OC in the SEC. He knew who was who and what was what. Sanders will have to learn those ins and outs. As for the guy who just got fired, his experience at Boise apparently didn't make up for his being a total jerk.

Of course all of those facts are well-documented. Just noting that outside of high school, Gus had one single solitary season as a HC.

But no…let’s not give Prime the reigns.

• Like 1

Might want to take a listen to this...they talk about how after the firing of Harsin and they contacted recruits, several recruits would flip to come play for Prime...

• Like 1