how much longer until harsin is let go?

aubiefifty

1 hour ago, Stephen66 said:

And what coach is going to want to come here to a place where he can't even pick his own assistants?

Harsin was in a unique circumstance when he came in because neither he nor any of the coaches in his coaching circle had SEC experience. There is the perception, especially when it comes to recruiting, that "things are just different here." I'm not arguing for or against this view: I'm merely pointing out that this is why he was encouraged to hire SEC-experienced coordinators.

If whoever replaces him, such as Aranda or Grimes, already has SEC experience and coaching contacts, this becomes a null point. 

8 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Chizik also had a huge synthetic weed issue on the team that kind of got glossed over at the time but many talked about

Number of teams had that issue during the synthetic craze.........Ole Miss comes to mind

8 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

You need evidence that times are changing?  Wisconsin just fired Paul Chryst.  He's 67-26 with 3 division titles.  That is not a program known for making moves during the season.

Just furthers my belief that we won't wait much longer.

I know your somewhat younger me and the older crowd should certainly get this.

Ole Miss got Lane Kiffin

Ms State got Craig James' brother in law😆 name escapes me

Auburn got Bryan Harsin

Let that sink in........Something needs to be done quickly.

Man, Whisky ain't messing around.  That cat won at least 10 games 4 years.. Won 9 last yr and won most of his bowl games.. Meanwhile, back at the AU ranch.....

Edited by NWALA Tiger

17 hours ago, shabby said:

We have had interim coaches before. Thats the route we take

The only interim coach we've had during the regular season was Bill Oliver.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Viper said:

Yep and only reason was because Bowden quit when he found out he would not be retained the next season. 

Auburn has never fired a coach mid season, but the early signing period, etc is changing what colleges are doing in regards to coaching searches. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Auburn has never fired a coach mid season, but the early signing period, etc is changing what colleges are doing in regards to coaching searches. 

If Harsin had us respectable in recruiting between #15 - #30, I would say wait till 11/27/22 to fire him in order to salvage the class, but not currently sitting at #55, which has to be the worst recruiting ranking in AU history.

We're not going to drop much further by firing him after the GA game.

5 hours ago, kevon67 said:

I know your somewhat younger me and the older crowd should certainly get this.

Ole Miss got Lane Kiffin

Ms State got Craig James' brother in law😆 name escapes me

Auburn got Bryan Harsin

Let that sink in........Something needs to be done quickly.

I know what you're going for here, but Lane Kiffin doesn't move the needle for me and Mike Leach sure as hell doesn't.  Leach especially has always been at schools like MS State (Texas Tech and Washington St).

Harsin is not good.  But those guys aren't the examples I'd hold up.

1 hour ago, Viper said:

The Dec signing period should change that now. Alot of coaches getting the axe earlier 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

The Dec signing period should change that now. Alot of coaches getting the axe earlier 

I know. Was just correcting shabby saying we've had interim coaches (plural). Steele coaching the 2020 bowl game was because Gus was let go after the regular season.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

They synthetic weed issue was quite funny and i felt like it was overblown rather than glossed over

we had a kid kill himself on that crap and a couple of people had to be hospitalized. there was not pot to be found and i smoked less than half a joint and both my legs started shaking uncontrollable so i flushed that crap. and i am a pot head right now so trust me i know what i am talking about. i am not sure what chiz said or did or got lucky but that stuff was nasty and dangerous. i am not getting on you i just wanted you to be aware.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Yep and only reason was because Bowden quit when he found out he would not be retained the next season. 

i heard tater tot was dating one of the big cats daughters and he was going to be outed. was he black mailed or scared of what i have no idea. i have seen a photo from the club he used to get up and sing at and he seemed awfully hugged up with some young lady. i am a bowden fan. my fav memory was he getting ready to run out on the field of a huge game and he was so nervous a couple of players had to calm him down. i am not sure why but i have always loved that.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i heard tater tot was dating one of the big cats daughters and he was going to be outed.

Lowder's daughter, who worked for Bowden.

Just now, Viper said:

Lowder's daughter, who worked for Bowden.

i knew that. i saw a photo before photoshop was popular. i was trying to keep her name out of it to save her some embarrassment.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

we had a kid kill himself on that crap and a couple of people had to be hospitalized. there was not pot to be found and i smoked less than half a joint and both my legs started shaking uncontrollable so i flushed that crap. and i am a pot head right now so trust me i know what i am talking about. i am not sure what chiz said or did or got lucky but that stuff was nasty and dangerous. i am not getting on you i just wanted you to be aware.

Oh for sure i totally agree. Alabama needs to legalize the real deal but thats for a whole other discussion. I agree the synthetic crap is insidious.

He will probably make it to the end of the season. Apparently there is no viable interim on staff.  

• Sad 1

Sooner the better -- they should have worked out a deal with him over the summer.  He is too damaged.

If I am the new AD, I am loading up the AU plane with Chuck, Bo, Takeo, Caddy, Ronnie Brown, and BP and heading to Mississippi to recruit Prime.

• Like 2

I think we let everyone know that he will not be retained sometime after the Western Ky game but before alabama, and think he gets to coach the alabama game.   That way should he pull the miracle of all miracles and somehow beat the turds it will not matter.

1 hour ago, api1957 said:

He will probably make it to the end of the season. Apparently there is no viable interim on staff.  

image.thumb.png.235fa10b1b2d9e2fd4bfcf8de914f0c9.png

Boom. Let's roll.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

image.thumb.png.235fa10b1b2d9e2fd4bfcf8de914f0c9.png

Boom. Let's roll.

I'm down, couldn't be much worse. You KNOW Joyce ain't putting up with any bulls...

And Ms. Bianco could recruit me for anything!

• Haha 1