how much longer until harsin is let go?

aubiefifty

IMO he is not getting fired until the AD situation is resolved.  There is no way that an interim AD will be given the reigns to hire a new head coach.

3 minutes ago, causeyjt said:

IMO he is not getting fired until the AD situation is resolved.  There is no way that an interim AD will be given the reigns to hire a new head coach.

That's not necessarily true.  A new coach won't be seriously negotiated with or hired until a new AD is hired, but there's literally zero stopping interim AD Rich McGlynn from being the hatchet man on Harsin.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

That's not necessarily true.  A new coach won't be seriously negotiated with or hired until a new AD is hired, but there's literally zero stopping interim AD Rich McGlynn from being the hatchet man on Harsin.

Actually, this would be preferred as the new AD will come in with no drama to handle before he puts his mind to hiring a new HC.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Actually, this would be preferred as the new AD will come in with no drama to handle before he puts his mind to hiring a new HC.

I'd go so far as to say it's not only preferred, but it's highly likely.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I think this is 100% correct. I think they know who the A.D. will be already, or who they want. I think they are going to wait a game or two and then fire Harsin, bring in the A.D., and look for a coach. 
That is of course unless he beats Georgia and then ole miss. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I think this is 100% correct. I think they know who the A.D. will be already, or who they want. I think they are going to wait a game or two and then fire Harsin, bring in the A.D., and look for a coach. 

Is it just me, or is there anyone else out there that thinks that we should actually have a couple of coaches lined up before we fire Harsin and show our desperation to the world again? Heck 90% of this board (including me) want the coach fired cause he has no plan B in recruiting when plan A doesn't materialize. Yet we fire coaches and don't even have a plan. Much less a realistic plan A or B. We just get six coaches raises and settle for whatever we can get cause it gets embarrassing. Why don't we get organized for once and come up with a plan? A process , if you will. This early recruiting period is toast anyway. Let's get an AD and let him fire BH if we're gonna and announce the new coach the next day. How cool would that be?

55 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Is it just me, or is there anyone else out there that thinks that we should actually have a couple of coaches lined up before we fire Harsin and show our desperation to the world again? Heck 90% of this board (including me) want the coach fired cause he has no plan B in recruiting when plan A doesn't materialize. Yet we fire coaches and don't even have a plan. Much less a realistic plan A or B. We just get six coaches raises and settle for whatever we can get cause it gets embarrassing. Why don't we get organized for once and come up with a plan? A process , if you will. This early recruiting period is toast anyway. Let's get an AD and let him fire BH if we're gonna and announce the new coach the next day. How cool would that be?

Well yes we should , the same way we should’ve had an AD lined up yesterday 

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

He needs to go even if they win their next two. It's way more than wins and losses.

7 minutes ago, woodford said:

He needs to go even if they win their next two. It's way more than wins and losses.

Well I agree with you 100% on that as well. People that know the true story about recruiting and know where this program is actually headed realize that there is no going back now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DAG said:

Well yes we should , the same way we should’ve had an AD lined up yesterday 

And that's what JABA actually means. I have seen this crap since they replaced Shug. I was young, but I remember. We learn nothing, it seems. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

And that's what JABA actually means. I have seen this crap since they replaced Shug. I was young, but I remember. We learn nothing, it seems. 

Dominoes have to be lined up correctly. First was President, then AD agreement to leave ( they expedited that by several months). All lining up for new AD hire then new coach hire.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Dominoes have to be lined up correctly. First was President, then AD agreement to leave ( they expedited that by several months). All lining up for new AD hire then new coach hire.

After 6 decades, I hope you are 100 % correct. I'll believe it when I see it.

A reason to cut the ties. Lame Duck coaching.  Don't want to lose this guy when Harsin likely not coaching next year.  

• Like 1