how much longer until harsin is let go?

aubiefifty

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I say the effect all of this has on recruiting will determine how fast a change is made

I really don't understand this argument.  It's not like the new coach is going to be announced until after the season which is only a few weeks before ESD.  You might as well kiss this class goodbye and hope we can buy an obscene amount of talent in the transfer portal which is unlikely to happen.

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I really don't understand this argument.  It's not like the new coach is going to be announced until after the season which is only a few weeks before ESD.  You might as well kiss this class goodbye and hope we can buy an obscene amount of talent in the transfer portal which is unlikely to happen.

New coach should come in basically Harsin hire time table or maybe sooner. Coaches now realize they need to move quicker.

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

New coach should come in basically Harsin hire time table or maybe sooner. Coaches now realize they need to move quicker.

Coaches are not going to leave their current jobs before their seasons end.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

That may be changing due to ENSD importance. Definitely will b4bowl game.

13 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

That may be changing due to ENSD importance. Definitely will b4bowl game.

Yes, that was my point.  Leaving after the regular season (which will continue to be the norm) only gives 3ish weeks for a new coach to try to salvage a class.  ESD is garbage and was short sighted.

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Yes, that was my point.  Leaving after the regular season (which will continue to be the norm) only gives 3ish weeks for a new coach to try to salvage a class.  ESD is garbage and was short sighted.

To me 3 things need to mesh ( be handled in same way):

-if coaches can be fired b4end of season, no reason why coaches that choose to, can’t leave b4 end of season (last regular season game).

-if coaches can choose to leave b4 end of season, or can be fired, players can choose to leave (or not play in anticipation of leaving) too.

with schools like ASU, Buffalo, Nebraska Wisconsin, etc firing their coaches and getting their hiring process  fired up, I fully expect AU to fire Harsin a week before early signing period starts and after every other school has hired their preferred candidate and AU forms up their infamous "hiring search committee" who can then haggle over the leftovers while they try to decide which no name coach will be easier for our boosters to control. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

I say the effect all of this has on recruiting will determine how fast a change is made

According to Bryan Matthews, we are running out of official visits.  Our new coach will only be able to go see players.  Will we hire him before DEC? 

14 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

According to Bryan Matthews, we are running out of official visits.  Our new coach will only be able to go see players.  Will we hire him before DEC? 

Isn’t there a rule that if we hire a new coach, players can visit again? Maybe I made that up. I thought I heard someone say that once last year. 

• Like 1

Firing Harsin right now is literally the stupidest thing you could possibly do! There’s no other coach on this staff that could do a better job than he’s doing. Can any of these coaches fix the offensive line? Our coordinators are WAY less qualified than he is!

IMO you do what LSU did with Orgeron. You announce that you’ve agreed to mutually part ways at the end of the season, and you negotiate the buyout. That way you can go ahead and begin the coaching search.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

with schools like ASU, Buffalo, Nebraska Wisconsin, etc firing their coaches and getting their hiring process  fired up, I fully expect AU to fire Harsin a week before early signing period starts and after every other school has hired their preferred candidate and AU forms up their infamous "hiring search committee" who can then haggle over the leftovers while they try to decide which no name coach will be easier for our boosters to control. 

Yeah, I’m just not expecting it to be Sanders, Grimes or Deion. Which is part of why I’m pushing who I am, I just think it’d be the best we’ll realistically get. Sorry GWill lol.

If we lose at Georgia, which is a high probability, I think they will fire him. He will have a losing record at Auburn after this weekend.

I agree with others about recruiting. It kills recruiting keeping a dead duck head coach.

2 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

IMO you do what LSU did with Orgeron. You announce that you’ve agreed to mutually part ways at the end of the season, and you negotiate the buyout. That way you can go ahead and begin the coaching search.

I am all for that, but I don’t think that is typical at all. How many of the other programs this year have done that? I think there have already been like five or six coaches fired in the first four weeks of the year. It seems like everybody would want to do that. 

5 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Firing Harsin right now is literally the stupidest thing you could possibly do! There’s no other coach on this staff that could do a better job than he’s doing. Can any of these coaches fix the offensive line? Our coordinators are WAY less qualified than he is!

I think Zac or Schmedding could handle it.

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I am all for that, but I don’t think that is typical at all. How many of the other programs this year have done that? I think there have already been like five or six coaches fired in the first four weeks of the year. It seems like everybody would want to do that. 

Coach O retired.

9 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I wouldn't expect you to

16 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

You're correct but times have change not saying it will happen but I would not be shocked

16 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Good, experienced coaches that are coaching a winning team (which should be the absolute minimum of what AU is seeking) will work out their season before they pull up roots and jump to another job.  Auburn should be canvassing candidates right now and make a strong push to make contact immediately after CBH is terminated. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

It's the Auburn way.

14 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

I wouldn't be opposed to this.

14 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Isn’t there a rule that if we hire a new coach, players can visit again? Maybe I made that up. I thought I heard someone say that once last year. 

This is correct.  Recruits can make a 2nd official visit after a coaching change.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

If we lose at Georgia, which is a high probability, I think they will fire him.

I doubt anyone in college football is gonna get fired for losing to UGA this season....

15 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

You can do Orgeron thing behind closed doors. Hell, it might’ve been told to Harsin already, based on his mannerisms lol 

I think there’s value in seeing which of your supporting coaches have value for the next staff, or just in general. Without O being elevated to interim at USC and later LSU, we never find out what he was about. We could have an O level assistant on this staff, who knows