how much longer until harsin is let go?

aubiefifty

does the damage get worse than it is if we wait? do we continue to let him destroy recruiting? the sooner we change coaching staffs the sooner most of the negatives go away right? well for the most part. do we try to be honorable and let him ride the rest of the year and maybe even next year even though it hurts us? there is not enough pot in the world to get me to watch the jawja game. right now i just hope we at least play hard the rest of the season. so many of us got tired of the gus mess and adding in the harsin thing i think we are more wore down and weary than i have ever seen auburn fans. lots of anger among the auburn fans.

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

Harsin isn't getting fired. This board needs to come to grips with it. 

At least not this week. I almost feel like Auburn won't fire him to the end of the season anyhow.

6 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

Bye week or end of season but Harsin isn't the coach next season...

21 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

The only way that guy stays is if we can't raise the money to pay him off. With his lack of recruiting, next year will make this year look positively sunny in comparison and I don't think the boosters are so cynical as to send the program into the tank for a decade or more to prove a point. 

It might have to wait until Harsin loses the team similar to how Chizik did in 2012.  Harsin has a propensity for holding a lead and going for it on 4th down that blows up in his face and is the catalyst for our opponent to come back for a win.  He did it at SC last year, in the IB last year, he would have another bone headed move in the Missouri game if they would have made that chip shot of a field goal and, of course, last night that lead to the go ahead TD.  

The team is behind him, but if he keeps it up and greatly puts the defense in a no win situation the questions will start to rise in the one group he is counting on.  That is when, in 2012, the possibility of firing Chizik just two years removed from a NC started to become a reality.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

does the damage get worse than it is if we wait? do we continue to let him destroy recruiting? the sooner we change coaching staffs the sooner most of the negatives go away right? well for the most part. do we try to be honorable and let him ride the rest of the year and maybe even next year even though it hurts us? there is not enough pot in the world to get me to watch the jawja game. right now i just hope we at least play hard the rest of the season. so many of us got tired of the gus mess and adding in the harsin thing i think we are more wore down and weary than i have ever seen auburn fans. lots of anger among the auburn fans.

You aren’t getting a new coaching staff in middle of season.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

yes hank i understand that. but they can give us hope in the middle of the season.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

True. But if the decision has been made. Need to get on with it and start seriously vetting other candidates 

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

yes hank i understand that. but they can give us hope in the middle of the season.

Sorry, just don’t understand what the hope would be your putting forth. Wont get a replaced named until December for sure unless we talked with someone who is not coaching now or maybe an analyst.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

True. But if the decision has been made. Need to get on with it and start seriously vetting other candidates 

The only vetting that can be taking place now is discussion with agents. Noone else is going to talk unless they are analyst somewhere.

It depends on how the UGA game goes down 

If we get curb stomped, it’s the bye week.

If it’s another close game at half and another second half collapse bye week.

If we have a strong showing in the second half and it’s close, end of season 

8 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Sorry, just don’t understand what the hope would be your putting forth. Wont get a replaced named until December for sure unless we talked with someone who is not coaching now or maybe an analyst.

An interim, especially if it’s a position coach like Zach or Caddy, can re-energize a team. In addition, with recruiting being almost entirely done by December, we absolutely cannot afford to let Harsin finish the season. We can’t.

If we have an interim like Caddy, the president/acting AD can likely give him assurance they’ll fight hard for him to stay on the next staff - that way he can tell recruits he’ll be with them regardless of who the HC hire is.

We need a new coach hired like a day after the Iron Bowl. That will give us a tiny amount of time to close for ENSD. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

An interim, especially if it’s a position coach like Zach or Caddy, can re-energize a team. In addition, with recruiting being almost entirely done by December, we absolutely cannot afford to let Harsin finish the season. We can’t.

If we have an interim like Caddy, the president/acting AD can likely give him assurance they’ll fight hard for him to stay on the next staff - that way he can tell recruits he’ll be with them regardless of who the HC hire is.

We need a new coach hired like a day after the Iron Bowl. That will give us a tiny amount of time to close for ENSD. 

You can certainly get an interim (certainly not caddy, more probable the Asst. HC and recruiting coordinator). That gives no hope (to team), maybe the fans would be glad to see Harsin  go, but most of the time the team just dog paddles through the rest of the season and in this new world most transfer (no hope there). I don’t see us getting a replacement b4 iron bowl. Actual coaches that are coaching wont publicly talk about it or meet. Your only option is Meyer( which would make some on here happy). The only way anything like that happens is if someone (individual) is given full authority to hire and agree to terms. When has that happened at AU. We do committee’s.

Edited by Hank2020
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

The only vetting that can be taking place now is discussion with agents. Noone else is going to talk unless they are analyst somewhere.

U basically just reposted what I said

34 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

it will immediately stop the slide of recruiting. that is big to me.it is big to the team as well.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

You can certainly get an interim (certainly not caddy, more probable the Asst. HC and recruiting coordinator). That gives no hope (to team), maybe the fans would be glad to see Harsin  go, but most of the time the team just dog paddles through the rest of the season and in this new world most transfer (no hope there). I don’t see us getting a replacement b4 iron bowl. Actual coaches that are coaching wont publicly talk about it or meet. Your only option is Meyer( which would make some on here happy). The only way anything like that happens is if someone (individual) is given full authority to hire and agree to terms. When has that happened at AU. We do committee’s.

Nah. Just not true. There have been lots of examples of kids rallying around an interim - Coach O at USC and Dabo started as an interim at Clemson. The kids know that it’s a huge career shot for that coach, and also a chance to refresh the season. They’ll play hard if it’s Zach or Caddy. Especially since Harsin only recruited a small number of the current team. They’re mostly there for Auburn. They aren’t going to transfer or quit once he is out.

We absolutely 100% need and will have a coach before ENSD. We’ll have someone to point to while recruiting and say “this guy is gonna be here”. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

I'm thinking right after the OM game, giving a full week for the interim to adjust before Arkansas prep

It sounds like that is the most likely scenario. Two full weeks for the kids to absorb the change and redirect. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Nah. Just not true. There have been lots of examples of kids rallying around an interim - Coach O at USC and Dabo started as an interim at Clemson. The kids know that it’s a huge career shot for that coach, and also a chance to refresh the season. They’ll play hard if it’s Zach or Caddy. Especially since Harsin only recruited a small number of the current team. They’re mostly there for Auburn. They aren’t going to transfer or quit once he is out.

We absolutely 100% need and will have a coach before ENSD. We’ll have someone to point to while recruiting and say “this guy is gonna be here”. 

Agree with Zach, not Caddy due to actual coaching experience. Also agree (if they decide to fire snd hire will try to have one in place just before ENSD, more than 3 weejs after last game for AU (unless we go to bowl game). You named a couple that have been successful (interims). There  are typically 15-25 coaches fired every year with most of them having some type of transition coach involved. Highest percentage are not effective for that season ( Steel actually became a professional transition coach).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

It would show recriuts he's gone and change is comming.........actually does it matter, not like Harsin recruits and if he did he can't coach so either way it's dark times.