Buttery soft

pensacolatiger

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

We have zero depth on the DL and LB's are terrible bad combination

Yes, some depth went to the portal and wasn’t made up for.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

You’re crazy. They held Ole Miss to under 450 yards rushing!! What more could you want??!!

Under 400 yards? :dunno:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I am not gonna blame the players. Reality is we don't have a player on D that would start for another BIG 6 team. Hall would be a solid backup.  In the end, it is on Harsin to recruit and bring in guys who can actually compete.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AUCE05 said:

I am not gonna blame the players. Reality is we don't have a player on D that would start for another BIG 6 team. Hall would be a solid backup.  In the end, it is on Harsin to recruit and bring in guys who can actually compete.  

It looks that way because guys are playing almost every play. The defense gonna look like crap at the speed Ole Miss plays with no depth. Then u have to consider the extra possessions Ole Miss had along with them going for 4th down frequently. Steele defense had success because of guys being rotated. Lastly Hall, Colby and Leota can start any where. Owen would benefit if he isn’t the primary linebacker and allowed to roam freely

Edited by e808
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

I don’t think you are correct on Hall at all.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

None of our players would start at bammer that's for sure.

35 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

This defense.  It’s sad to watch.  I can stomach watching a bad team, but a weak defense that lets teams run at will……

We rushed for 301, they rushed for 448. We had three TOs, we did have fewer penalties too however.

Edited by DKW 86

14 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

You're just flat out wrong on a couple of players. The coaching isn't there. The natural talent is there in some places and lacking in others. Coaching and depth is a big problem though. 

• Like 1

I know things are going off the rails but if y’all think some players on the team wouldn’t play or start IDK what to say. Even some of the bad linemen were being recruited by Bama. For example just like a car u could have A1 parts but if one part is bad it makes all the rest look really bad and can’t get the full potential out of the engine 

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

You Sir have figured it out. It really is that simple. 

It's not the Xs & Os, it's the Jimmys & the Joes....

34 minutes ago, e808 said:

It looks that way because guys are playing almost every play. The defense gonna look like crap at the speed Ole Miss plays with no depth. Then u have to consider the extra possessions Ole Miss had along with them going for 4th down frequently. Steele defense had success because of guys being rotated. Lastly Hall, Kobe and Leota can start any where. Owen would benefit if he isn’t the primary linebacker and allowed to roam freely

If Leota could start anywhere, why didn't he transfer to Georgia, Clemson or Alabama? Or, since he was already at Northwestern, why didn't he stay in the Big10 and go start at Michigan or Ohio State?? I'm not putting Auburn down but we are down right now as a team and as a staff. Why take your transfer and come play for a Jeff Schmedding defense when, as you claim, he could start anywhere? I would take my chances at the top schools I mentioned, that regularly send their defensive starters to the NFL. And, if you can start anywhere, getting to the NFL should be your #1 goal and maybe one of your only concerns when you transfer. 

Just my opinion but Hall, Leota and Wooden would be backups at alot more places than they would start. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, e808 said:

It looks that way because guys are playing almost every play. The defense gonna look like crap at the speed Ole Miss plays with no depth. Then u have to consider the extra possessions Ole Miss had along with them going for 4th down frequently. Steele defense had success because of guys being rotated. Lastly Hall, Kobe and Leota can start any where. Owen would benefit if he isn’t the primary linebacker and allowed to roam freely

When did Kobe join the team?

3 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

If Leota could start anywhere, why didn't he transfer to Georgia, Clemson or Alabama? Or, since he was already at Northwestern, why didn't he stay in the Big10 and go start at Michigan or Ohio State?? I'm not putting Auburn down but we are down right now as a team and as a staff. Why take your transfer and come play for a Jeff Schmedding defense when, as you claim, he could start anywhere? I would take my chances at the top schools I mentioned, that regularly send their defensive starters to the NFL. And, if you can start anywhere, getting to the NFL should be your #1 goal and maybe one of your only concerns when you transfer. 

Just my opinion but Hall, Leota and Wooden would be backups at alot more places than they would start. 

Leota transferred when Derek Mason was the DC. Auburn has been putting defensive players in the league for a while now. Hall and Wooden will get drafted . I don’t get all the doom and gloom about them being backups at other places. I know Auburn isn’t doing well but to me this is over the top 

• Like 1

Poor coaching is a part of that also.  Our DES are not coached to protect the edge, poor pursuit angles and over pursue.  I don't believe our coaches know what a tackling drill is but then again you can't expect much more from this FCS DC.

• Like 1

I will say this again. Not ONE of our offensive linemen would start at  another sec team. None. It is that bad  people. Wake up. That and a young QB is our O issue. We have no depth on D, especially LB an D line. Scheme all you want.. bad players make bad plays. Fire the coach, hell yes, but know why we are where we are.

Two things are true at the same time. Our players are woefully under coached. And our talent gap with top teams is widening. Consider this: total AU  players taken in the NFL draft in 2021/2022 combined = 5. UGA in the same period = 24. That means in the 2021 AU-UGA game, Georgia had almost 5 times the amount of future NFL talent on the field than we had.  Hard to compete with that, no matter the scheme or coach. The numbers over recent years with Bama are close to that and LSU too. The gap with TAMU and Ole Miss isn’t as big, but it’s in their favor right now. We need better players and more of them, quickly. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Two things are true at the same time. Our players are woefully under coached. And our talent gap with top teams is widening. Consider this: total AU  players in then NFL draft in 2021/2022 combined = 5. UGA in the same period = 24. That means in the 2021 AU-UGA game, Georgia had almost 5 times the amount of future NFL talent on the field than we had.  Hard to compete with that, no matter the scheme or coach. The numbers over recent years with Bama are close to that and LSU too. The gap with TAMU and Ole Miss isn’t as big, but it’s in their favor right now. We need better players and more of them, quickly. 

This. I'm actually pleasantly surprised with Schmedding and Kiesau's play calls. We just don't have the depth and talent, and we do something good, we turn it over next play. Having said that, it looked like a light came on for Ashford today after he was benched, and we found something in the run game too against an improved OM D. We may not win another game, but RA played the best 3 quarters we've seen from him, and so did the RBs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUCE05 said:

True enough, but Hall wasn’t recruited by Harsin. Our current coach and our prior coach combined, still only equaled a mid level SEC leader. Say what you will about the portal BS which is ruining the game, but we haven’t had a true staff to lead anyone in years. We can all argue the fact that AU is hamstrung by boosters, which is obviously true to every college football prognosticator, but with no AD and no direction, what is the program doing? Everybody knows AU is the Dallas Cowboy equivalent of controlling any coach who comes around. It’s becoming more and more ridiculous each year. 

1 hour ago, TigerHorn said:

This. I'm actually pleasantly surprised with Schmedding and Kiesau's play calls. We just don't have the depth and talent, and we do something good, we turn it over next play. Having said that, it looked like a light came on for Ashford today after he was benched, and we found something in the run game too against an improved OM D. We may not win another game, but RA played the best 3 quarters we've seen from him, and so did the RBs. 

Really a strange game today. We had a total of 3 points in the 1st and 4th quarters combined. We had 31 points in the 2nd and 3rd quarters combined. 

So the lack of d line depth and linebacker depth was last year as well.

I made a thread earlier in the year how talent depleted we were