For those that doubt Prime Time

Potatooooooes!!

I feel like we are really setting ourselves for disappointment, which really sucks

Prediction:

Months on in..after a Long process we keep Rich or Hire the dude from Utah State (Duh)

Fire CBH after the ironbowl

Prolonged period with lots of fake news >>>> Grimes is hired (Duh)

I tell you what though, Roberts will really impress me if he doesn't do the same ole song. We will see

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

I feel like we are really setting ourselves for disappointment, which really sucks

Go big/prime first, settle later.

image.gif.9f0ee616ceaa5ba20f8c478dc6fd24b5.gif

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

If you just watched the 60 mins segment on Deion and you still dont have him as #1 candidate. I can’t help you

You have to a complete idiot to make yourself look bad in a long interview dedicated just to you. 

Edit: It could also be total propaganda as well fwiw

Edited by woodford
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, woodford said:

You have to a complete idiot to make yourself look bad in a long interview dedicated just to you. 

I don't follow what you're saying here

Just now, Taker said:

I don't follow what you're saying here

He is saying that 60 minutes interview did nothing for him to suggest that Deion Sanders is a good candidate for Auburn. But to be fair, he has never liked DS for Auburn.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

He is saying that 60 minutes interview did nothing for him to suggest that Deion Sanders is a good candidate for Auburn. But to be fair, he has never liked DS for Auburn.

Gotcha, so it is basically if deion had come out and said "Surprise snitches I'm headed to the plains" then he would have still said the same thing... 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, woodford said:

On the other hand, how many people on our list of coaching candidates have the notoriety to receive a 60 Minutes interview?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tony Robbins infomercials aren’t as compelling. He just has “it”.  He’s a force of nature. If people chose to be cynical and grumpy about him. Have at it. But if you think things are down now, imagine having him to compete/recruit against as well at another nearby program.  

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Tony Robbins infomercials aren’t as compelling. He just has “it”.  He’s a force of nature. If people chose to be cynical and grumpy about him. Go at it. But if you think things are down now, imagine having him to compete against as well at another nearby program.  

Then those same people will be complaining about "why can't the PTB make a home run hire like that" 

In a shrill whiney voice 

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

If you just watched the 60 mins segment on Deion and you still dont have him as #1 candidate. I can’t help you

For those that missed it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/deion-sanders-jackson-state-university-hbcu-60-minutes-2022-10-16/

I’ll say this, he was way more impressive than I expected.

• Like 8

57 minutes ago, tsande07 said:

On the other hand, how many people on our list of coaching candidates have the notoriety to receive a 60 Minutes interview?

True. Last AU coach on 60 minutes was Pat Dye. Well, sort of.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Dear lord that’s a great post. I’ll throw in one more:  Pat Dye: HC at Wyoming and east Carolina..

I’m actually shocked there’s even hesitation on Prime.  There are risks, but holy smokes, I’ve never seen an opportunity like this.

My question concerning Prime is he even slightly interested in the Auburn job?

26 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

My question concerning Prime is he even slightly interested in the Auburn job?

This has been discussed at length on other threads. The short answer - he’s an alpha competitor who wants to “dominate”… A fixer upper…The SEC..Bama’s biggest rival… If we don’t putz it up,  I like our chances

image.gif.32d2ac35c9a1cc5874deacce627fff24.gif

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 3

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

This has been discussed at length on other threads. The short answer - he’s an alpha competitor who wants to “dominate”.

image.gif.32d2ac35c9a1cc5874deacce627fff24.gif

Was an interview with him preseason about not playing someone like bama. He stated why put his kids in position to fail just for a check that he can get that money elsewhere. Foreshadowing? Time will tell

We need a coach. Develop these players. Build a team. The hard way. Mold the offense to the players' strengths. A guy who knows his x's and o's. Experience. Can exploit our opponents, and make good adjustments at half time. That way we can win 9 games and a bowl while the top recruiters win 11-12 and a playoff.

Get it done......please get it done.

• Like 1

After watching that clip on 60 minutes I was impressed. I was especially impressed with him saying he not only wanted to win, he wanted to dominate because that's what he does. The last head coaching candidate with that kind of bravado was Pat Dye. How did that turn out?

I say if we can get him, let's get him. I mean we could have had Kirby Smart but instead ended up with Gus Malzahn. Now, with the program headed in the same direction as the Titanic it's time to take action.

Edited by milehighfan
  • Like 4

Who do yall think is making this hire? Who has the final say so... Hint.... the last AD who went solo on hiring a coach is unemployed right now...This is a yellow fella hire. If he wants Sanders, then Sanders it will be...If not, then it's someone else. All this talk about waiting on an AD to fire Harsin and hire the next coach is a bunch of bull flip

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Who do yall think is making this hire? Who has the final say so... Hint.... the last AD who went solo on hiring a coach is unemployed right now...This is a yellow fella hire. If he wants Sanders, then Sanders it will be...If not, then it's someone else. All this talk about waiting on an AD to fire Harsin and hire the next coach is a bunch of bull flip

Everyone needs to begin flooding Jimmy's email with "Hire Prime" you yellow bellied........oh wait, be nice.

• Like 1

I'll admit I was against the thought of hiring Deion when his name was first being brought up mainly because of the inexperience running a big time program.

I'm starting to warm up to the idea however. 

I think just on name, and reputation alone kids will listen to what he has to say, and I think a lot of momma's will as well. 

Bo Jackson used to say that during his recruitment that kids would come over to his house just to see the telephone that Bear Bryant called him on. Can you imagine the buzz Deion would generate in the neighborhood, or at the high school of a top recruit?

At least give the man an interview, and listen to his plan, and what he has to say. 

That's my $.02.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

This is a yellow fella hire.

That’s a sentence you don’t hear often.  You may be right, and massive donors have massive pull (which  is understandable). But ultimately AU is a public university and public sentiment matters, I’ve seen it, no matter how whacky the BOT are.

Side note - Tim Cook (au alum) is worth way way way more than Jimmy. 

4 hours ago, cctiger said:

Why didn't Arkansas hire him then?

Right. He coaches at a school barley above a Div.2. Not even a G5. He signs 1, I mean 1 5star recruit that he beat Fla.St. out for, talked him into signing with a HBCU school and folks think that he is the answer to all recruiting woes. Yep, he's gonna go head to head with Napolean and bowl cut and they are going to be gift wrapped automatically...LOL! Again, if he is so great, and intreviewed so very very well, then WHY DIDN"T ARKANSAS HIRE HIM? 

I will say, Arkansas has a hell of an impressive foundation, and I like Pittman as their type of coach. But he’s been there what, 3 years? And the defensive talent looks about as bad as they have his first year? 

I don’t love their coordinators, which is his thing. I like the mold of what he’s built, but I’m not sure if his staff has the recruiting chops to build it into a real winner. Pittman was the right hire for Arkansas, but I don’t know if he’s performed so much better that we can say he was a far away better candidate than Deion for most teams 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1