For those that doubt Prime Time

Potatooooooes!!

Lol notice how the people who don't like him all of a sudden keeps bringing up his health? Now ask any of them to explain about his medical condition and see what you get.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Kiffin -  he is a good X&O offense wise but struggles in the D philosophy.  That will never change.  He isn't concerned with recruiting as much and may have some off field issues that are being covered up.

Another issue with kiffen would be his ridiculous cost. After  paying harsins buyout, then there’s ole miss’s to get him. Plus he’s already making over $7/yr. It’d be epic. He’s my second, plan b choice behind prime. But it would hurt.

Edited by auburnatl1

3 minutes ago, cctiger said:

Why? He's not a proven commodity in P5 football. As I've stated before, he's a coach at a school that's just a bit above a Division 2 school. What he's done at Jackson State is impressive and for the SWAC. Can he really do the same at Auburn and in the SEC? And a more important question is: Do you really think that the PTB actually really give him full autonomy over and with the football program? I don't think so because Deion is still all about Deion and his own personal interests just like he's been since his days at Fla. St. and his time in the pros. He still wants everything to still focus soley on him and what he's doing. He still wants ALL the attention. Don't let that smoke screen that he threw out there on 60 minutes the other night fool you. Maybe it's his alter-ego Leon Sandcastle still lingering in him somewhere. Now, that's just my opinion. Feel free to blast away. I'm fairly well thick-skinned....LOL!

Of course he was selling himself in the 60 Minutes interview. He would have declined the interview if it was 100% about just Jackson St. 

Despite almost losing his leg, I’m glad he still oozes confidence galore. That’s what AU NEEDS desperately. 

So what he’s all about himself? Does anyone truly believe Saban bleeds houndstooth & crimson?? Hell to the no. Saban is ALL about winning regardless of where he’s at. He could not care less about exchanging row tahd’s with another hick. Alabama was an open, good landing spot / recruiting hotbed after his failure in the pros. Had he never entertained the NFL, it is my belief he would still be dominating at LSU because they can recruit just as well as Alabama.

Now AU is an open, good landing spot for Prime. Of the current openings and 100% for-sure future openings at season’s end, it is my opinion we are Prime’s most logical landing spot. 

But we have to make a solid offer. Yes he only has D2 HC experience, BUT he knows he’s of WAY more value than your average non-P5 HC.

There is simply no way anyone can convince me whichever P5 program (other than your Vandy’s, Georgia Tech’s, Wake Forest’s, etc) he winds up at, that he won’t pull in Top 10 classes year after year after year. THAT is his value. And the better the program he ends up at, the higher in those recruiting rankings he’ll be. Because of our past success with Bo, Cam and every other NFL player in between, IMO, AU would be Top 5 in recruiting with Prime.

There is no better time to strike while the iron is hot. If we land Prime, hiring Harsin and his 2-year window of failure will turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

Autonomy at AU? I believe that has to be earned and with Prime launching us square in the middle of daily media conversations with the likes of Saban, Kirby, Dabo, Day & Riley, it won’t take long to earn it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

They’ll pay harsin (and Gus) way way oven $10m/yr when you include buy outs.  Harsin alone will average out at over $15m/yr.  Its just an auburn thing.  Saban is a steal.  We’re morons at thinking we save money this way.

Reminder Deion is worth an estimated at $40-60m and has a zillion other ways to make money if he wanted to.  He’s giving half his current salary back to jax st. This wouldn’t be normal hire and it won’t be all about money. And there’s a solid chance he says no.  I’m not sure we’re in nearly the power negotiation position some people think we are.  We’ better be selling to Deion as much as negotiating.

THIS.

Just because Prime is at a SWAC program, 500K/yr is NOT his value at a P5 program or anywhere close to it. He will not come to AU or any other P5 program if he is low-balled. He will gladly perch at Jackson St until the $$$$$$$ comes calling. It’s about pride for Prime.

How much I am worth to you to make me leave a low-pressure program for a high-pressure program?

We’re not talking Vandy and scrapping with MTSU over a recruit. We’re talking scrapping with Saban 365/24/7. He’s already scrapped with him over an O-Lineman at Jackson freaking State. It’s obvious he relishes that kind of a challenge.

Imagine what he could do with the name Auburn on his cap in a top recruit’s living room and telling that kid he can be the next Bo or the next Cam or the next Prime.

As you said, we’re already going to pay Harsin 15 freaking million to GTFO. Get off the damn pocketbook and make Prime a Top 10 paid P5 HC from the start. 

• Like 1

The true cost of jaba. Private equity firms include the probability of something significant failing (not about coaches - but the same idea) into their financial modeling. It can be a devastating hidden cost. Basically, the higher the probability of a failure, the more you should include the total cost of the failure (ie coaching buy outs) into your yearly cost thinking. With regard to coaching, auburn has been doing lower salary, higher risk of failure hires, Bama and other elites have done the reverse. The result as was mentioned earlier: AU’s avg annual HC loaded costs (with buyout) - $15m, Bamas (saban) - $10m.  (Include staff buyouts and it gets much, much worse).

So we’re paying 50% more to suck 10 times as much. Candidly, you’d have to make it a goal and plan for years to be as stupid as we’ve been.

The point is, going with standard Jaba hires is just  bad business (not even considering torturing fans). Specifically - Deion has no real buyout from jax st and imo his success probability is higher, just pay him, and if fsu ever came after him (insecure fear of some, I’m less concerned about it) , they’d actually have to pay us a buy out.  That’d be kinda… new.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's my understanding Deion has or had blood clots which interrupted blow flow to his feet causing the need to amputate some toes. Not sure on the cause of the clots. He was in hospital for close to a month.  So it was serious at 1 time. Hopefully,  not so anymore

• Like 1

I wonder the cholesterol level of EVERYcandidate. I wonder their family history of cancer or better yet alcoholism......I wonder how long did everyone's parents live.....

Good to see Deion dancing and playing with his sons this past weekend. Must be in pretty good shape to recover so fast. I wonder if you lined up all the coaches who is probably in the best shape

13 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

They’ll pay harsin (and Gus) way way oven $10m/yr when you include buy outs.  Harsin alone will average out at over $15m/yr.  Its just an auburn thing.  Saban is a steal.  We’re morons at thinking we save money this way.

Reminder Deion is worth an estimated at $40-60m and has a zillion other ways to make money if he wanted to.  He’s giving half his current salary back to jax st. This wouldn’t be normal hire and it won’t be all about money. And there’s a solid chance he says no.  I’m not sure we’re in nearly the power negotiation position some people think we are.  We’ better be selling to Deion as much as negotiating.

After all the water under the bridge these last few years, Auburn is not negotiating from a position of power.  Our historical internal "issues" with the AU Administration significantly impacts pool of HC talent we can swim with. 

That's why the options are Jeff Grimes & Hugh Freeze both of whom would walk over broken glass to get the HC job.  And more experienced and established HC's seem to be off the table of consideration. 

At this point I believe Deion provides the highest ceiling and opportunity to get this thing on the correct course to build up the roster AND he'd do it with the positive energy and flash that's been sorely missing. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, JerryAU said:

That's why the options are Jeff Grimes & Hugh Freeze both of whom would walk over broken glass to get the HC job. 

2 o’clock in the morning, last 2 girls in the bar. The buyout party continues.

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

AU’s avg annual HC loaded costs (with buyout) - $15m, Bamas (saban) - $10m.  (Include staff buyouts and it gets much, much worse).

So we’re paying 50% more to suck 10 times as much. Candidly, you’d have to make it a goal and plan for years to be as stupid as we’ve been.

THIS cannot be overstated enough.

Pay Prime 9M/yr and you won’t have to worry about paying another average HC 15M to GTFO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Lol notice how the people who don't like him all of a sudden keeps bringing up his health? Now ask any of them to explain about his medical condition and see what you get.

cole, I never said that I didn't like him, or hated him, or such. And as for his medical condition, all one has to do is google, Bing, or whatever search engine you prefer to use to see exactly what his condition is/was, I did, and at 55 with the medical condition that he has, as I've stated before, I just don't think that it is in Auburn University's best interest at this time to hire him because of  that being one of the top reasons. I respect yours and others opinion of him being hired. I have a very different opinion and reason for mine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

THIS cannot be overstated enough.

Pay Prime 9M/yr and you won’t have to worry about paying another average HC 15M to GTFO.

Amen.  Or give him $8 with some really fun incentives.  $2 million for each recruiting title.  $2 for a SEC title.  $5 for a natty.  And $500K for every touchdown you beat Midget and Bowlcut by.  

As other have said, Midget is way underpaid.  Hell, how many Prime AU shirts do you think the University sells the first month?

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, cctiger said:

at 55 with the medical condition that he has, as I've stated before, I just don't think that it is in Auburn University's best interest at this time to hire him because of  that being one of the top reasons.

We have a health & physical nut as our HC currently. How’s that working out for Auburn’s best interest?

1 minute ago, Viper said:

We have a health & physical nut as our HC currently. How’s that working out for Auburn’s best interest?

Yep, he's a regular ole "Yul Gibbons" in those old "Grape Nut" commercials. Remember what happened to Him?(if you're that old).And i know exactly what you mean. But it seems like that with the condition that Deion has that he is much likely to pass on sooner than later or than Harsin will. But still, Harsin could end up like the "Grape Nut" man. And then again Deion may live to be a hundred. 

14 minutes ago, cctiger said:

cole, I never said that I didn't like him, or hated him, or such. And as for his medical condition, all one has to do is google, Bing, or whatever search engine you prefer to use to see exactly what his condition is/was, I did, and at 55 with the medical condition that he has, as I've stated before, I just don't think that it is in Auburn University's best interest at this time to hire him because of  that being one of the top reasons. I respect yours and others opinion of him being hired. I have a very different opinion and reason for mine.

Your top reason for not hiring Sanders is his past health problems? 

I bet you wouldn't want that old GOAT across the state, who's tipping 70 yrs old with his new hip joint roaming our sidelines while he stacks up championship trophies either?.?.? 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, cctiger said:

As long as I’ve been on this board I’ve not seen anyone else bring up a person’s health when deciding if we should hire him. I think the closest was people were draggin Sark through the mud because he used to drink. A person’s health should never be the top reason for a coach. It shouldn’t be even top five. Can he recruit? Can he run a program? Can he hire good assistants? Is he a leader? Do players like him? What his philosophy? Can he make adjustments to it? Then ask another ten questions. Then somewhere after that you can ask about blood clots. 

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, cctiger said:

cole, I never said that I didn't like him, or hated him, or such. And as for his medical condition, all one has to do is google, Bing, or whatever search engine you prefer to use to see exactly what his condition is/was, I did, and at 55 with the medical condition that he has, as I've stated before, I just don't think that it is in Auburn University's best interest at this time to hire him because of  that being one of the top reasons. I respect yours and others o Ipinion of him being hired. I have a very different opinion and reason for mine.

Lol, so now you haven't said you don't like him? Ok. But you're not the only person to bring it up and coincidentally they are against him as well so that's my point. 

I'm also sure you know just because you Google something doesn't necessarily mean you know what you are talking about and anything as particular as a medical history I'm sure you know there are many things to consider. And I'm positive that not one of you know enough about his medical condition to come to a conclusion should he or shouldn't he be hired for it. 

4 minutes ago, cctiger said:

Yep, he's a regular ole "Yul Gibbons" in those old "Grape Nut" commercials. Remember what happened to Him?(if you're that old).And i know exactly what you mean. But it seems like that with the condition that Deion has that he is much likely to pass on sooner than later or than Harsin will. But still, Harsin could end up like the "Grape Nut" man. And then again Deion may live to be a hundred. 

You absolutely don't know or can't Google if this man is going to die soon....what about his condition indicates he will lose his life soon?

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You absolutely don't know or can't Google if this man is going to die soon....what about his condition indicates he will lose his life soon?

Nope, can't google or Bing that cole. But like i stated, he may live to be a hundred. But with his condition, he may not last too long either. Who knows? All it takes is one tiny clot breaking loose. 

• Like 1

I missed it. I thought the out of no where Deion attacks would devolve down the “he’s somehow evil “ path. Didn’t see the “ he’s heading to hospice” approach coming. Dear lord.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, cctiger said:

Nope, can't google or Bing that cole. But like i stated, he may live to be a hundred. But with his condition, he may not last too long either. Who knows? All it takes is one tiny clot breaking loose. 

Yeah that's literally everybody on earth, might live long, might not...I wonder how many different coaches have had the ol might die soon don't hire him argument on here before

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, cctiger said:

Prime is on the mend with PT. They caught it in time.