Threats to Democracy

TexasTiger

On 10/28/2022 at 8:48 PM, pensacolatiger said:

If Dem’s don’t have “muh democracy”, voters will look at what they actually accomplished in the last 2 years.

Which is ironic, because they want opposition silenced and a president that calls half the country terrorists.  But I guess they mean only some people get a say in this “democracy”

Downplay this to "muh democracy" all you want. When America becomes a dictatorship and your side loses via a left wing coup, don't say nobody warned you. 

Democracy is not "muh"... it's OURS. All of ours. Once it's gone, it's gone and eventually the sword you attempt to use on others strikes yourself just the same. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, BizTiger said:

Downplay this to "muh democracy" all you want. When America becomes a dictatorship and your side loses via a left wing coup, don't say nobody warned you. 

Democracy is not "muh"... it's OURS. All of ours. Once it's gone, it's gone and eventually the sword you attempt to use on others strikes yourself just the same. 

Come on man - look at the people stressing the importance of “muh democracy”.  They just got called out for censoring half the country and labeling right wings terrorists.  “Muh democracy” is code for, quick beat the race drum, they see we eff’d up everything we touched in the last 2 years

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

Come on man - look at the people stressing the importance of “muh democracy”.  They just got called out for censoring half the country and labeling right wings terrorists.  “Muh democracy” is code for, quick beat the race drum, they see we eff’d up everything we touched in the last 2 years

Nobody else tried to overturn an election except Trump. Stop the BS.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

33 minutes ago, BizTiger said:

Nobody else tried to overturn an election except Trump. Stop the BS.

Absolutely FALSE.  The last Presidential candidate to attempt to overturn an election was VP Al Gore.  He was aided by the 7 Democrat-appointed Florida Supreme Court Justices who took the effort of overturning the election by rewriting Florida State Law, but Bush et al appealed to the US Supreme Court which ruled that the Florida Supreme Court did not have the authority to rewrite Florida law, only the Florida Legislature did.  Al Gore's efforts were the most contentious efforts to overturn a US Presidential election in recent history far surpassing the rhetoric by DJT.  

There have been other contested US Presidential elections dating back to Thomas Jefferson vs John Adams, Andrew Jackson vs JQ Adams, Hayes vs Tilden and more.  At the time of the Jefferson-Adams contested election there were threats of State secession, which was probably the most contentious election.

Why is contesting an election an issue ?  The problem for Gore was that he tried an end run that wasn't legal and DJT contested his re-election effort without the proof.  The matters were resolved, just as has been with the Biden-DJT election.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

31 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

Absolutely FALSE.  The last Presidential candidate to attempt to overturn an election was VP Al Gore.  He was aided by the 7 Democrat-appointed Florida Supreme Court Justices who took the effort of overturning the election by rewriting Florida State Law, but Bush et al appealed to the US Supreme Court which ruled that the Florida Supreme Court did not have the authority to rewrite Florida law, only the Florida Legislature did.  Al Gore's efforts were the most contentious efforts to overturn a US Presidential election in recent history far surpassing the rhetoric by DJT.  

There have been other contested US Presidential elections dating back to Thomas Jefferson vs John Adams, Andrew Jackson vs JQ Adams, Hayes vs Tilden and more.  At the time of the Jefferson-Adams contested election there were threats of State secession, which was probably the most contentious election.

Why is contesting an election an issue ?  The problem for Gore was that he tried an end run that wasn't legal and DJT contested his re-election effort without the proof.  The matters were resolved, just as has been with the Biden-DJT election.

Contesting prior to certification and overthrowing a CERTIFIED ELECTION are two different things. Stop the madness. 

Where is Trump's concession speech?

Edited by BizTiger
  • Thanks 2

Your assertion BizTiger was "Nobody else tried to overturn an election except Trump" which is absolutely FALSE, regardless of Bore's concession or DJT's non-concession.  As I stated, the matter resolved itself.

Pre-certification Gore attempted to circumvent Florida State law with 7 willing Democrat Justices.  Gore tried to overthrow the election, why else the concession ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

When you learn what truth is,,, I will take you seriously.  Until then, take care.

That's rich. SMDH

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

When you learn what truth is,,, I will take you seriously.  Until then, take care.

Very few have taken you seriously ichy.  You live in your own little bubble, as always.  To your credit though, you've decided to actually write words in response instead of punching the "save me" emoji button every time.  The problem with your words though is that they are enigmatic.

• Like 2

On 10/31/2022 at 6:40 PM, Elephant Tipper said:

Your assertion BizTiger was "Nobody else tried to overturn an election except Trump" which is absolutely FALSE, regardless of Bore's concession or DJT's non-concession.  As I stated, the matter resolved itself.

Pre-certification Gore attempted to circumvent Florida State law with 7 willing Democrat Justices.  Gore tried to overthrow the election, why else the concession ?

Don’t forget Killary’s claim of “muh Russian election interference”.  We’ll never get those tax dollars back

On 10/31/2022 at 6:46 PM, icanthearyou said:

That’s rich coming from this guy.  Dude literally cuts parts of the Bible out to conform to “his truth” 

• Like 1

The Russians did interfere in the 2020 election.  That is a fact.  Russian propaganda often becomes part of Republican propaganda.  That is a fact.  Russian money was funneled into the Republican Party through the NRA.  That is a fact. 

The Russian's desire to partner with one of our major political parties should be of concern to all of us.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

This is a lie.

Yeah?  Tell us about how taking a human life before the person is born is not taking a human life.  And how your interpretation of the Bible leads you to believe transgender surgery for kids is cool too.

• Sad 1

On 10/31/2022 at 7:40 PM, Elephant Tipper said:

I call BS on your statement that "Gore attempted to circumvent Florida State law with 7 willing Democrat justices".  :bs:

At exactly what point in the process did Gore "attempt to overthrow the election"?

From my reading on the matter, if anyone "stole" that election it was Republican appointed justices at both the state and federal level, via their erroneous and partisan rulings concerning "staying" the Florida recount.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_v._Gore

Finally, Gore conceded the election because a concession by the loser (after the legal process has been completed) is 1) in accordance with American democratic values to ensure a peaceful transition of power and to 2) demonstrate that tradition and value to the rest of the world as the world's preeminent democracy.  

Trump failed on all accounts to do that.

Edited by homersapien

4 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

That’s rich coming from this guy.  Dude literally cuts parts of the Bible out to conform to “his truth” 

Major parts of the bible deserve to be ignored. 

I don't see ICHY ignoring the parts attributed to Jesus though.  Can't say the same for you.

• Facepalm 2

5 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

The Russians did interfere in the 2020 election.  That is a fact.  Russian propaganda often becomes part of Republican propaganda.  That is a fact.  Russian money was funneled into the Republican Party through the NRA.  That is a fact. 

The Russian's desire to partner with one of our major political parties should be of concern to all of us.

Where did u get those facts from? Source? 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

People should be most concerned with their own sins, not the sins of others.  Being self righteous is easy.  Being genuine is more difficult.

So your views are sinful?  

brother I have plenty of sins to repent.  Some still eat at my heart, but I’m a work in progress 

44 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Major parts of the bible deserve to be ignored. 

I don't see ICHY ignoring the parts attributed to Jesus though.  Can't say the same for you.

Speaking of ignoring…..

8 hours ago, homersapien said:

I call BS on your statement that "Gore attempted to circumvent Florida State law with 7 willing Democrat justices".  :bs:

At exactly what point in the process did Gore "attempt to overthrow the election"?

From my reading on the matter, if anyone "stole" that election it was Republican appointed justices at both the state and federal level, via their erroneous and partisan rulings concerning "staying" the Florida recount.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_v._Gore

Finally, Gore conceded the election because a concession by the loser (after the legal process has been completed) is 1) in accordance with American democratic values to ensure a peaceful transition of power and to 2) demonstrate that tradition and value to the rest of the world as the world's preeminent democracy.  

Trump failed on all accounts to do that.

The counting did not stop despite your whining. Losing liberals got their wish. Every newspaper tv station and magazine that wanted to got to stick around and scrutinize chads. Gore never caught up, never led, lost legit. BTW, in Okaloosa county Bush had another 1500 votes that were tossed by democrats because they had Bush circle filled in and Bush written in on the write-in line. Democrats claimed overvotes and they could not determine the "will" of those voters. So they had them tossed. Solid.

The most hilarious part was that breathless liberal journalists were offended when they were unceremoniously kicked out of their hotels at the height of the drama because of the FL-FSU game in TLH.