*Official Auburn vs. Arkansas Game Thread *

abw0004

He was ruled down in bounds. The clock would have started and it would have a high risk of a play not turning out well. Taking the TO and taking 3 was the smart play. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

You guys are just piling on now. The smart play was a FG. No way you trust Robby to get a quick throw off before 6 seconds tick off. 
Take the 3. If he had tried and missed, you people would have been apoplectic about that also.

Good call to take the 3.

I agree, for what it’s worth. Robbie would have danced around and not get the pass out. Nowadays, take any points when you can.

I’m not pulling for Harsin, but I am pulling for the kids.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ATOtiger90 said:

I am at the game where tank scored. Hardin has not once gotten in the grill of the refs for a questionable call. 
you can not sit on the sideline strutting like a loan cat and not supporting the team when a crap cll is made!

I don’t disagree.

Hey, wth is a loan cat?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

He had enough time to take a shot to the EZ. 

Period.

IF you had an experienced QB, maybe. Like many here, you let your hate for Harsin cloud your common sense. 
Forget Harsin, with the QB we have, it was the right call. 

Edited by CCTAU

Just now, thewhiz7 said:

He was ruled down in bounds. The clock would have started and it would have a high risk of a play not turning out well. Taking the TO and taking 3 was the smart play. 

Didn’t we take a TO? Clock starts at the snap. Take a quick shot, if it ain’t there throw it away, kick the FG.

What tfrick has this mfricker got to lose?

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

Six seconds and zero points…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

IF you had an experienced QB, maybe. Like many here, you let your hate for Harsin cloud your common sense. 
Forget Harsin, with the QB we have, it was the right call. 

You’ve got a good point, but he has nothing to lose by utilizing a reasonable opportunity. 

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

Didn’t we take a TO? Clock starts at the snap. Take a quick shot, if it ain’t there throw it away, kick the FG.

I think the criticism of Harsin has gotten so wound up that it doesn't matter what he does it will be wrong. If he goes for it and an INT is thrown he's an idiot for not taking the points. 

Plenty out there to be upset with Harsin. That call imo is not one of them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

And how does that affect him in the long term?

As someone said earlier, I care about these players. They worked too hard to get zero points. 
Right call. 

• Like 2

I'd be vastly more angry at Harsin if we tried to run a end zone play that somehow ended up with the clock running out via a sack, short throw/tackle or a fumble and nothing to show for it than i am with him just taking the 3 there. 

They have a good chance to win the game if the coaches make some good halftime adjustments or at least do something to counter Arky adjustments.  We shall see.  

Arky selling out for the run. Daring us to throw it. Seems like that it the second half game plan for all of out opponents.