2022-23 Coaching Search Thread

Zeek

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Let me ask u this. What type of coach is Sanders? CEO type or does he call his own plays? I get the recruiting part. I'm more interested in him assembling a staff and what it would look like

He is seemingly A CEO coach based on what I’ve seen in him. He does spend time with the DBs. 

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

He is seemingly A CEO coach based on what I’ve seen in him. He does spend time with the DBs. 

He most definitely is... He lets his coaches coach

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I agree , except not sure on Ruhle. Don't know enuf about him

Ruhle would be in my second tier of coaches for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Lol that's not what u said.

I really just wanted to stir the pot. I did not realize I can’t write a sentence!!!

I so want to believe that we would get Deion or Kiffen or etc. I just have a hard time believing that we would pull any of those top coaches. Not because I don’t think that we can, but because it just seems like every time we’ve had a coaching search over the last 40 years we never get any of the guys that we think it is going to be. Ever. And the Auburn sites are always wrong. Heck they weren’t even right about the AD that was hired today. 
For once I just hope they are right. Just once. 

• Like 1

Prime and kiffen are big swings. Half of the articles I read today were tough on us as not a great destination due to the usual stuff. Pays great but booster hell, politics, ect. Career suicide. 

Going to be an interesting sales test early for Cohen.

My list in no order:

Will Muschamp

Rhett Lashlee

Travis Williams

Bill obrien

Dan Mullen

BTW- I am attempting to buck the system. Everytime I (as most of us) have given a list it ends up being someone not remotely close to being on that list. Seriously though, to me there are only 3 names- Rhule, Prime and Freeze.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

My list in no order:

Will Muschamp

Rhett Lashlee

Travis Williams

Bill obrien

Dan Mullen

Honestly, this is the most realistic list.

Kiffin or PrimeTime would be amazing, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

My list in no order:

Will Muschamp

Rhett Lashlee

Travis Williams

Bill obrien

Dan Mullen

BTW- I am attempting to buck the system. Everytime I (as most of us) have given a list it ends up being someone not remotely close to being on that list. Seriously though, to me there are only 3 names- Rhule, Prime and Freeze.

Muschamp and O'Brien is a big no.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Lol that's not what u said.

Yes it is. I said Deion is being targeted by Auburn. Can I ask you something? You have so much disdain for me yet you follow me throughout this whole forum. I hate Freeze, which apparently you are related to him. Please stop following me. We agree to disagree. I want Prime and I hate Freeze. Really please stop following me, it’s weird…

38 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

My list in no order:

Will Muschamp

Rhett Lashlee

Travis Williams

Bill obrien

Dan Mullen

Reverse mojo... I like it

• Love 1

Deion, Auburn beckons.

5 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Yes it is. I said Deion is being targeted by Auburn. Can I ask you something? You have so much disdain for me yet you follow me throughout this whole forum. I hate Freeze, which apparently you are related to him. Please stop following me. We agree to disagree. I want Prime and I hate Freeze. Really please stop following me, it’s weird…

You literally said... " It's happening AU is contacting Prime"..... I don't have disdain for anyone on the board, including you. 

BTW. u have tagged me alot more than I tag you. Mostly when you get on your high horse when I said AU would target Danny Hugh . And I have posted numerous times,  Deion is my first choice.  Tootles

Edited by NWALA Tiger

2 hours ago, WarEagleT said:

All you pushing Kiffin: Saban is 71 and will likely retire soon- maybe this year if he wins another NC, but if not within next couple years. He has nothing to prove and will be the most in-demand tv analyst. Bammer would love to set us back and hire Kiffin away a couple of years into his rebuild with us. His past shows he would take it to go back and run the whole show where he once ran the offense under Saban.

If he LK left UT and if he leaves Ol Miss, he would most certainly leave us for Bammer. He won't go back to the west coast to his old USC or PAC 12 home, because SEC football is so much more important now- bigger than when he and Sarkasian were at USC for some of that school's golden years prior to the Reggie Bush blowup. 

It should only be Prime Time now. If we don't go after him and get him, he'll eventually end up at another SEC school end of this year or next, or FSU. Or......when Saban retires- Bammer. 

Grimes or Freeze/Auburn vs Deon/Bammer- this is what the end of the Auburn football world would look like. 

Anything is negotiable, including non-compete clauses.  

17 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

T

This I like!  Kiffen ain't happening. If Finebaum is for it, you know it's bad for Auburn.  The guy only wants to use us to get himself a raise and contract extension. Then he will make a big production out of turning us down, just to make us look bad and to use against us in recruiting.  Weasel runs through his blood.  He can't help himself. He wants Bama or maybe Texas.  Primetime or Rhule would be a home run. I know I'm a minority of one, but I still like Leach.  He wins everywhere he goes. I'd like to see how he could do with a contender.  He may look better to some of you after Saturday. There are actually a lot of good coaches out there right now.

Edited by Cardin Drake
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

This I like!  Kiffen ain't happening. If Finebaum is for it, you know it's bad for Auburn.  The guy only wants to use us to get himself a raise and contract extension. Then he will make a big production out of turning us down, just to make us look bad and to use against us in recruiting.  Weasel runs through his blood.  He can't help himself. He wants Bama or maybe Texas.  Primetime or Rhule would be a home run. I know I'm a minority of one, but I still like Leach.  He wins everywhere he goes. I'd like to see how he could do with a contender.  He may look better to some of you after Saturday. There are actually a lot of good guys out there right now.

I agree on Rhule. I don’t get all the disdain for him. He’s a program builder with NFL Head Coaching experience and a professional connection to….wait for it…..Joe Brady!

This is why I laugh when certain people say we all would be in unison. Certain fans don't want Matt Rhule, yet I heard a fan ask for Todd Monken. It is totally baffling. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

This is why I laugh when certain people say we all would be in unison. Certain fans don't want Matt Rhule, yet I heard a fan ask for Todd Monken. It is totally baffling. 

I think once the new coach starts proving himself we will all come together.

• Like 1