Auburn is back on the national stage.

AuCivilEng1

This is about as good of a situation as Auburn could be in, given the circumstances of the last 2 years. Very favorable insight from the 3 amigos in this video, and it’s right there for everyone to see/hear. JWill literally says in this discussion, “Auburn will be the most relevant program in college football, if they hire Deion”. That’s massive positive publicity that tells all the recruits, Auburn could be huge with the right coach. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Kiffin or Freeze. JMHO 

• Like 8
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 2

2 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Kiffin or Freeze. JMHO 

Keyshawn is on the lane train in the video. It’s not all about Prime. The point is, the choices are right there. If Auburn pulls Kiffin or Sanders, we automatically become one of the big time programs again, in the eyes of the media. Cohen has got to make this happen. There has possibly never been a better time for Auburn to take that step.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Aw yes so now that we have put a black head coach in charge it is now "well can auburn handle a black coach w deions personality" ha okay. 

Good video nonetheless and yes we can handle it and would welcome it.

I don't think it matters to Auburn or anyone that Deion is black - we just proved that color don't matter since we promoted up Caddy.  We just had a black AD.  He wasn't a good AD but that has nothing to do with how he looks.      We gotta go with Deion if Deion wants Auburn.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This is about as good of a situation as Auburn could be in, given the circumstances of the last 2 years. Very favorable insight from the 3 amigos in this video, and it’s right there for everyone to see/hear. JWill literally says in this discussion, “Auburn will be the most relevant program in college football, if they hire Deion”. That’s massive positive publicity that tells all the recruits, Auburn could be huge with the right coach. 

They need to sit all of the power brokers at Auburn down and have them watch this one clip.

Then have them listen to the audio from Tony Franklin yesterday.

Auburn could be a freaking powerhouse and be relevant instantly if they hired one of these two guys. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

We will find someway to screw this up.

Auburn needs to offer Deion or Lane the moon to come here and coach.

If neither of them accept and we try to give them everything they want, then so be it. But we at least have to try. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, aubietiger14 said:

I don't think it matters to Auburn or anyone that Deion is black - we just proved that color don't matter since we promoted up Caddy.  We just had a black AD.  He wasn't a good AD but that has nothing to do with how he looks.      We gotta go with Deion if Deion wants Auburn.   

Moving a black man into an interim HC spot isn't proving color doesn't matter.  It's the easiest way to say "look, we had a black head coach once".  It's nice to see Caddy as HC, but until the actual signed HC is a black man, we aren't "proving" anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Deion and Lane are clearly the best options. Which means we’re probably going to hire Bill Clark. #JABA

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, kennypowers said:

Moving a black man into an interim HC spot isn't proving color doesn't matter.  It's the easiest way to say "look, we had a black head coach once".  It's nice to see Caddy as HC, but until the actual signed HC is a black man, we aren't "proving" anything.

We, as fans, care about winning. We could care less if he’s purple with rainbow colored hair. Hopefully the people that make this decision feel the same way.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

We’re a more relevant program right now for 2 reasons:

1.  We got rid of mr potato head 

2.  Coach Prime is merely mentioned as a potential replacement.   
Think about that!!!   We’re talked about much more in the national media simply based on that potential.   If we hire CDS the media (as well as recruiting) will go absolutely nuts!!! (in a very positive way, for us)

• Like 3

Further ramblings:

Weve been on the negative side of the media a lot.   People have talked bad about Cam, then some off the field stuff, 2012 fiasco, our “evil boosters”, not willing to hire a black coach (we’re all thankful we passed on Turner Gill btw), the ridiculous buy outs, poor administration, the entire Harsin era has been a PR nightmare.    Now they’re saying Auburn isn’t ready to hire a black coach with a big personality.   Really?   If we hire Deion, the entire perception of the AU football program is transformed!!!   It’s Prime Time!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just for what it's worth.  My #1 choice is Deion. Simply because I think he will do a great job at all facets of what  HC should do. Not cause of how he looks, but cause he is qualified to lead young men and win ball games. BTW, you can possess the previous qualities without ever being a HC in the SEC. I still feel like Danny Hugh will get it and Im cool with that too.

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Today's Locked on Auburn podcast also talked about how Deion is a better cultural fit for Auburn than Lane Kiffin.  They made the case that both are great coaches, but Deion will fit in better.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

and athletic director greene doesnt prove anything to you either?

31 minutes ago, miscram6 said:

Today's Locked on Auburn podcast also talked about how Deion is a better cultural fit for Auburn than Lane Kiffin.  They made the case that both are great coaches, but Deion will fit in better.

And as others have expressed, Freeze is the perfect cultural fit.  He wants the Auburn job.  It will be more than just a job for him.  He will be the best at building rapport with the fans, the BOT, the money guys, the janitors.  He LOVES being with people, too much based on his prior record.  1. Lane is aloof and likes to be alone. 2. Deion certainly has an infectious personality like Trooper Taylor, but Auburn will still just be a job for him.  So after cultural fit, you have to judge coaching and recruiting. There we have a stalemate.  

This is our chance.  We have the opportunity to make THE hire that will turn it all around.  We need to throw as much $$ possible at either Kiffin or Deion (my choice) and MAKE them say no.  If they do then we aren't the big name program we thought we were.

Edited by fishepa

I don't think anyone cares about skin color as long as that coach can win games. 

I think Deion would make a bigger splash and higher upside. And I definitely love the intensity that he would bring to the program. 

Kiffin just seems vanilla (no pun intended) to me. He'd be solid, but probably not a home run guy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think this is the biggest hire since Pat Dye. The Harsin fiasco has set us back so far… We are on the verge of becoming irrelevant for a while when you look at what is coming back next year. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, caleb1633 said:

Deion and Lane are clearly the best options. Which means we’re probably going to hire Bill Clark. #JABA

Misspelled Rhett Lashlee.

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

And as others have expressed, Freeze is the perfect cultural fit.  He wants the Auburn job.  It will be more than just a job for him.  He will be the best at building rapport with the fans, the BOT, the money guys, the janitors.  He LOVES being with people, too much based on his prior record.  1. Lane is aloof and likes to be alone. 2. Deion certainly has an infectious personality like Trooper Taylor, but Auburn will still just be a job for him.  So after cultural fit, you have to judge coaching and recruiting. There we have a stalemate.  

Agreed. Like many of the other comments on here, I would say we are a little relevant now, but not in a good way. I would be fine with LK or DS, but I don’t think either wants to be at AU. I am now warming to the idea of HF. He may not have the highest character, but there are plenty of coaches like that. To me, it won’t be a splash hire and if one of the three I just mentioned is not hired, screw it, give Caddy a two year deal and see what he can do. At the very least, he loves Auburn and appreciates it, which makes him a good fit. Kiffin has the experience, Deion has the swag and notoriety, Freeze has a good track record as far as coaching and building, but I assure you, none have the love for AU that Caddy has. Just my 10 cents worth, with inflation so high. 

• Like 4