Woltolsz Football Performance Facility

autigeremt

Meh - nice looking but not particularly original; kind of looking like the Delta Sky Lounge at the Atlanta Airport. I would've encouraged a more atrium-like, open air look and feel. And the locker room floor plan looking like an Arc-Reactor diagram is curious. The barber shop is a nice touch but 1 chair for 85 scholarship athletes plus coaches at 30 minutes per cut is 45 hours per week cutting hair in that chair - get a broom. 

But really - it's a nice facility I'm sure the players will love to enjoy. #WDE

• Dislike 1

6 hours ago, RunInRed said:

The teaching facility in the last photo is so cool. Team can line up against opponent's formations. 

What a time to be alive. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Systems said:

Meh - nice looking but not particularly original; kind of looking like the Delta Sky Lounge at the Atlanta Airport. I would've encouraged a more atrium-like, open air look and feel. And the locker room floor plan looking like an Arc-Reactor diagram is curious. The barber shop is a nice touch but 1 chair for 85 scholarship athletes plus coaches at 30 minutes per cut is 45 hours per week cutting hair in that chair - get a broom. 

There are three chairs

• Like 5

Is it true that Alabama's Football Performance Facility cost 288 million? Ours cost 92 millon?  Not a troll, honest question.

1 hour ago, roe4christ said:

Is it true that Alabama's Football Performance Facility cost 288 million? Ours cost 92 millon?  Not a troll, honest question.

No.  They did not build a “football only” facility, they did massive renovations to the Mal Moore Athletic Facility and built the new weight rooms/training center (Bill Battle APC).  Pretty sure that $288k number included BDS renovations, new dining hall, etc. 

Their facility is also not “football only” like Auburn’s will be, as Auburn’s is for ONLY football.    While Bama’s is “primarily” football, other sports use their weight room and  training rooms and the AD is housed in the Mal Moore facility in a separate wing.  

Still very nice, just not exactly “football only”.  

• Like 2

What a fantastic looking place for the AU football players to train. They were REALLY excited too. All the wall bling isn't up yet so a couple of the long hallways might look a little sterile at the moment but what a great looking facility. Auburn did this up right. WDE

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Systems said:

30 minutes per cut😂😂

• Like 1

Got to tour it …

In general, I like most of it, but that round huddle room they have with big recliners / bean bags is really strange.

There are two white pool tables with LED lights on back order. But you can have 8 or 10 guys there.  Not 85. 

The coolest part by far was the big area with four projectors where we can have our scout team line up in an opponents set and then send someone in motion. Those projectors can show in life size the actual offensive set. That allows our defense to make real time adjustments instead or just watching it on a TV and making notes.  It’s impressive.  I don’t think anyone else has that.

All the coaches offices were locked; No furniture. 

Actual locker room felt small to me.

Weight room has a nice feel. Open. Airy. Lots of light. 

Just my $0.02. Any one else tour it?

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Systems said:

Congratulations with an original complaint which will be a standard JABA critique in 10 years-"We need to update the facility because it looks like an airport hangar."  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Auburn93 said:

Congratulations with an original complaint which will be a standard JABA critique in 10 years-"We need to update the facility because it looks like an airport hangar."  

Well, yes, exactly. The athletes who will tote the rock for AU in 10 years are currently in 3rd grade. So, yes, I assume some upgrades are coming in 10 years or so. 

Edited by Systems

5 hours ago, jluvah said:

30 minutes per cut😂😂

How long does it take for someone to cut your hair?

15 hours ago, roe4christ said:

Probably true $$

Pardon if already asked and answered: is there a virtual, 3D walk-around, like an open house I might tour from a remote location? That would be nice, IMO.