Coaching ability - Freeze vs. Kiffin

tinman1

Give me Freeze every time.  Forget the off field stuff he had MANY years ago.  He is a better coach and will be a better program builder which we desperately need.  Kiffin is just a screwball.  He had never won a big game in his life.  Can't beat a good team.  Just look at his record versus us when we are decent.  Can't beat bama to save his life.  IMO we dodged a bullet by him staying at Ole Miss.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 2

Innovative offensive mind that has changed his offense as the game has changed versus Gus 2.0 who runs the same stale option heavy run forward offense. Kiffin is 50X better than Freeze.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Innovative offensive mind that has changed his offense as the game has changed versus Gus 2.0 who runs the same stale option heavy run forward offense. Kiffin is 50X better than Freeze.

Agree about the Gus comparison, but Lane forgets you need to play defense to win in this league.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

better winning percentage and more games won at a higher level

Hugh Freeze  103-46

Lane Kiffin  84-44

sauce  https://www.coacheshotseat.com/WinningestActiveCoachesIA.htm

But which one has more affairs and instances of badgering sexual assault survivors?

2 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

Agree about the Gus comparison, but Lane forgets you need to play defense to win in this league.

Freeze’s defenses were modestly better. But his good years of defense came with one particular coordinator that has since retired. Outside of that guy, his defenses haven’t been that good.

7 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

But which one has more affairs and instances of badgering sexual assault survivors?

both have some sorid backgrounds...both have probably cheated on their wife.  One is divorced because of it...and one was caught partying with co-eds in a bar in Flordia...had to be spoken to about that...the other is still married (don't know if he cheated with the hookers but no claims of co-eds)...

12 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Freeze’s defenses were modestly better. But his good years of defense came with one particular coordinator that has since retired. Outside of that guy, his defenses haven’t been that good.

You still on the LK to AU hill?

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

Kiffin definitely had one and lost his wife because of it. Not sure about Freeze but whatever he did, he and his wife worked through it. 

The badgering comment is a bit self serving in my opinion. What I saw was a man defending the slander of a potential friend, but it definitely wasn’t badgering. 

1 hour ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

both have some sorid backgrounds...both have probably cheated on their wife.  One is divorced because of it...and one was caught partying with co-eds in a bar in Flordia...had to be spoken to about that...the other is still married (don't know if he cheated with the hookers but no claims of co-eds)...

So someone would pay for a hooker and not cheat? That seems counterintuitive to me.

3 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

What does that mean? I really don’t want Freeze if that’s what you mean. My choice was Prime.

You think prime is clean. I was onboard and excited about that possibility until I read some of the news on the prime academy. To me some of that stuff was bigger character issues than the stuff I’ve seen on other candidates. 

17 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

So someone would pay for a hooker and not cheat? That seems counterintuitive to me.

No one connected him to actually paying for them...he was guilty of calling them with the university phone.  So sometimes people get hookers not to cheat but do other things like talk etc...look it up, it is a thing.  And then others cheat like heck.  So yeah, I don't know and don't really care as it doesn't affect me.  I really don't care what people do in private so long as it doesn't affect kids, animals or others...meaning I really don't give a crap what our coach or potential coach does.  Seems like whatever Freeze has done, his wife and family are ok with it.  However, what ever happened with Joey Freshwater it affected his marriage and he was caught having FAU coeds partying around with him. And then there is this https://otakukart.com/lane-kiffins-affair-everything-to-know-about-his-love-life/

Edited by AU_Tiger_88
added link

4 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

No one connected him to actually paying for them...he was guilty of calling them with the university phone.  So sometimes people get hookers not to cheat but do other things like talk etc...look it up, it is a thing.  And then others cheat like heck.  So yeah, I don't know and don't really care as it doesn't affect me.  I really don't care what people do in private so long as it doesn't affect kids, animals or others...meaning I really don't give a crap what our coach or potential coach does.  Seems like whatever Freeze has done, his wife and family are ok with it.  However, what ever happened with Joey Freshwater it affected his marriage and he was caught having FAU coeds partying around with him. 

Gotcha, I thought they traced cc payments too but maybe not. Thx for clarifying 

Guest MustardSeed

If one thing can be certain at this point, any coach that gets labeled as the next coach at AU by some media hack and there are no other major corroborators…we can pretty much take them off the list. 
At this point this looks like how true insiders leak false info to certain people just to see who the leakers are. I think they’ve been exposed…

5 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

This thread got derailed with prostitalk. Pound for pound coaching ability I’m going with Freeze no question. 

All the data points to that fact...

• Like 1